Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2013, 04:26 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times

Advertisements

Divisive rape case puts Ohio town in national spotlight

"The Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution offers protection against self-incrimination in criminal proceedings.
The case has also been a challenge for local officials because of conflicts of interest. Both the local prosecutor and police have close ties to the school that the defendants attend.
As a result, the case is being investigated and prosecuted by Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine's office.
Interviewed on CNN on Friday, DeWine said it was not unusual for his office to prosecute or investigate cases in small towns where close ties within the community caused conflicts of interest to arise.
He also voiced concern about how social media may affect the case.
"This case needs to be tried not in the media, not in social media," DeWine said.
He said Anonymous' attempt to shame the alleged attackers had actually harmed the victim.
Not only is the victim hurt by the initial crime, but "every time something goes up on the Internet, the victim is victimized again," DeWine said."

Give me a break, they don't want this to be shown so the victim will be victimized all over again or the cockroackes that did it will be shamed? The more light is shined on these monsters the better.

Here is the tape---

Steubenville High School students joke about alleged rape in highly-charged case against Big Red football players - NY Daily News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 04:29 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,039,906 times
I am always for public shaming for horrible crimes such as rape.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:43 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Well. That little item has me thinking I'm glad I'm a senior citizen and getting off this planet before cretins like that inherit the place.

You have to wonder at the mind that thinks it's alright to rape a girl and even better to brag about it while being recorded with no thought reserved for the terrible criminal assault he's committed upon another human being.

A kid with no moral underpinnings to guide him through a formative period of his life to prepare him for the following adulthood. He's now going to jail where he'll be able to refine his evil nature by associating with no one but like minded individuals.

When he gets out; if he has not expressed a sincere regret for his actions, I hope an appropriate Karma is waiting for him.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:51 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,670,302 times
The only reason this happened is because in this country, if my sister gets raped, I can't do anything about it.
I swear, you touch my sister, and I'll end up in jail.
Quite willingly.

Where is her father in all this? Her uncles? Her brothers?

Because, if it were us, we wouldn't be asking questions.

Yet, they're just supposed to sit back and let it go.

I wouldn't blame them for taking action into their own hands.

I can't say I wouldn't do the same.

Hopefully, they get punished. I hate saying others should be punished...but in this case, the evidence is all there.

The system better step in and handle the situation.

Because, if this we're to happen to me...

Old 01-04-2013, 05:05 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,963,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
I am always for public shaming for horrible crimes such as rape.
I am for public hangings for these heinous crimes. I am hoping for the same for those involved in the horrible rape in India that led to the young female medical student's death.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:25 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,039,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
I am for public hangings for these heinous crimes. I am hoping for the same for those involved in the horrible rape in India that led to the young female medical student's death.
Indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies