Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 06:00 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,125 times

Advertisements

How about post office workers? why are they not on the list? we do have a saying he/she went postal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 06:49 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,236,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
So what were the kinds of jobs most likely to attract psychopaths, and those least likely?

Highest Rates of Psychopathy:

1. CEO
2. Lawyer
3. Media (Television/Radio)
4. Salesperson
5. Surgeon
6. Journalist
7. Police Officer
8. Clergy person
9. Chef
10. Civil Servant

Lowest Rates of Psychopathy:

1. Care Aide
2. Nurse
3. Therapist
4. Craftsperson
5. Beautician/Stylist
6. Charity Worker
7. Teacher
8. Creative Artist
9. Doctor
10. Accountant

The Jobs With The Most Psychopaths - Careers Articles

I guess they don't consider being a politician a job.........they should be at the top.
So, media, such as news? I somehow always knew rush limpb*lls, bill o reilly, and fox news were Psychopathic.

For some reason, I did see mechanics or automotive technicians being Psychopaths, because I've been in some big truck repair shops when mechanics threw two inch wrenches clear across the shop when they became enraged about working on something they just couldn't fix right. I mean, that's insanity to be flinging 15 pound wrenches across the shop. Maybe it was because of their alcohol addictions coupled with having a bad day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
How about post office workers? why are they not on the list? we do have a saying he/she went postal.
Naaa, there hasn't been a postal worker go berserk and shoot fellow employees for quite a while now.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:54 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,343,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
But a prosecutor makes the decision whether or not to file charges at all.
If they think there is a chance the can win, they file.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:07 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,758,479 times
I don't know about psychopathy in the clinical sense however every psychologist and psychiatrist I've ever met has been "touched". And before anyone questions how I've been in contact with so many, I'm in the criminal justice system. No shortage of mental health care there.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:26 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,217,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Republican House member.
As usual from left wing nut jobs , when you have nothing to add attack

Old 01-06-2013, 10:15 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,296 times
Talking Are you a Republican House member, by any chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
As usual from left wing nut jobs , when you have nothing to add attack

Pushing RWNJ buttons definitely adds to the threads posted in this forum.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:58 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,156,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
But let's just admit that it's not grounded in science; it's more akin to metaphysics. This doesn't mean it's wrong, it could be spot on. But let's not wrap it in the cloak of science.
Why on earth would you say that? Psychiatric classifications aren't simply pulled out of someone's butt. There's a tremendous amount of testing and validity analysis. Tests would be developed to check for behaviors associated with sociopathy - for example the test might ask if the person used to torture or kill pets as a child, or whether he feels bad if he hurts someone.

I don't know if the OP list was made in a scientific way or not, but it might have been done so by administering standardized tests for sociopathy to volunteers from a wide range of occupations. There would be inherent problems with such a methodology, but it wouldn't be totally useless.

You ought to research the matter, it's interesting, and you could find out how they came up with the concept in the first place. I seem to remember it came about by noticing some traits of hardened criminals, about how they don't have any remorse for even the worst crimes, and how charming and manipulative they can be.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:02 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,150,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Just imagine if a lawyer turned public servant ran for President and CEO of USA, Inc. That guy would be a total psychopath!!
Sounds like you just described our current President

Old 01-06-2013, 12:10 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,083,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
I don't know about psychopathy in the clinical sense however every psychologist and psychiatrist I've ever met has been "touched". And before anyone questions how I've been in contact with so many, I'm in the criminal justice system. No shortage of mental health care there.
as a retired professional in the field of mental health,i would put psychiatrists,psychologists,therapists,in the mh field at the top of the field of those with psychiatric disorders(my choice in the field was caused medically--vomiting smelly patients made me feel ill,i couldn't handle the physical med/surg work, and i was good at initial psych evaluations)

second in the field of psychopathic behaviors----those in areas of authority--ie--politicians---law enforcement,politicians,and the noveau rich(especially if they were initially very poor----
and thirdly--a majority of those that i have encountered in my area of ne pennsylvania(is it the water,inbreeding or drugs and alcohol?????)---

Old 01-06-2013, 02:05 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,343,229 times
Definitely Wall Street types - used to work for them: they all were on xanax and grey goose therapy....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies