Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2013, 12:31 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,800,839 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the heads up. I will remember this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 12:33 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Brooklyn has plenty of beautiful tree lined streets.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:38 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,879,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statutory Ape View Post
Just more evidence that trees fell.
Nope, trees do not fall.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:39 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Nope, trees do not fall.
...What about a hurricane?

Old 01-07-2013, 12:40 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Most people are unaware that the laws concerning your rights have changed since 9/11. A ruling by the Supreme Court recently stated that a crime suspect's words could be used against him if he failed to clearly invoke his rights clearly and, instead, answered a single question.
In addition the court said that a citizen must invoke his rights. If he fails to do so, anything he says can be used to convict him.
What this means is literally the Supreme Court is telling you in any contact with police you should provide identification, insurance, registration as required by law and nothing more unless you are represented by legal counsel.
There is no such thing as a friendly talk with a police officer. If an officer is talking to you he is attempting to establish evidence against you.
Let the police officer do all the talking and you stay silent. The Supreme Court has recently ruled that you should NOT talk to a police officer without a lawyer and you must say out loud "I'm going to remain silent."

The Supreme Court has ruled that if a police officer doesn't force you to do something, then you're doing it "voluntarily." That means if the police officer starts being intimidating and you do what he "ask" because you're "afraid," you still have done it voluntarily. (Florida v. Bostick, 1991) If you do what the police officer "ask" you to do such as allowing him to search your car or answer any of his questions, you are 'voluntarily' complying with his 'requests.' So don't comply, just keep your mouth shut unless you say "Am I Free to Go?" or "I don't consent to a search."

The only words you should ever say to a police officer are "Am I free to go" "I am going to remain silent" and "I do not consent to a search".

Will this make them angry? Yes. Are you willing to stand up and risk someone getting angry with you to protect the Bill of Rights, and the freedom that so many have fought and died for?
Only if you're doing something that might be considered a crime.

I've had many talks with police officers. They are friendly, as am I. Because I consider them to be there to protect and serve me, a NON-CRIMINAL, against criminals.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
...What about a hurricane?
Nope, they simply sway gently into the breeze.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
One thing I hear ever so often is young men being pulled over for a simple traffic stop and consenting to a police officer searching their vehicle. The police ask for permission and in the ears of some, it's an order.

Anytime you're pulled over in a traffic stop, keep your windows rolled up as high as possible. Anything the police see's in your car he can later claim was used as reasonable cause to search your entire vehicle. In most cases the police officer will be skittish about you keeping the window up, and will request for you to lower it. Ask him firmly to cite the law that requires you to do so.

If the police asks you for permission to search your car, ask him if you can refuse, ask for your rights to be read, and tell him you're calling your lawyer. Even if you don't have a lawyer the mere mention of one will cause cops to behave.
Apparently, you have much to hide from the law. If a cop asks me to search my car, I'd let them. Because I have NOTHING TO HIDE. Funny, I've never been asked by a cop to look through my car. Maybe because I have NOTHING TO HIDE.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
And they will too. I remember the narco telling me "look man, it is only marijuana and it isn't that big a deal". When I got out of prison 2 years later, I remembered that.
Wow, on another thread, they're saying criminals aren't dumb. Apparently, they are. It doesn't matter what the police officer tells you, it was obviously still a crime. If you thought it wasn't, you're, well, you know....

Old 01-07-2013, 12:46 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Apparently, you have much to hide from the law. If a cop asks me to search my car, I'd let them. Because I have NOTHING TO HIDE. Funny, I've never been asked by a cop to look through my car. Maybe because I have NOTHING TO HIDE.
I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE either, but, they are still going to need a warrant to search my vehicle. Let them waste their time and bother a judge to find nothing...

Old 01-07-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Only if you're doing something that might be considered a crime.

I've had many talks with police officers. They are friendly, as am I. Because I consider them to be there to protect and serve me, a NON-CRIMINAL, against criminals.
But, that is because you have not crossed paths with an officer with malicious intent. Not only have I witnessed some, but I went to high school with a guy who turned out to be as corrupt an officer as they come. He even bribed a young female to give him a sexual favor in exchange for not writing a ticket (and was caught), but he was caught multiple times lying under sworn testimony.

Believe me, they exist. More than one might think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies