Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 07:05 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Why is that stupid?
Because birthers have repeatedly proven that they do not care what the President releases. Whatever he might release has already preemptively been declared a forgery, sight unseen. And nobody else is asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964
Obama pushed Romney into releasing his tax records and this is not required by any rule, regulation or standard to run for or hold the office of POTUS.
Actually, no. He didn't. Romney continued to conceal his tax records in spite of the fact that their release had been standard practice all the way back to his father's presidential run. In contrast, both Obama and Biden released 12 years each of theirs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964
The records those who have concerns about Obama's eligibility to hold the office of POTUS relate specifically to rules, regulations and standards to hold the office of POTUS - only a Natural Born U.S. citizen may be POTUS. These records would prove once and for all whether he is eligible or not.
The only record that can prove Obama is a natural-born US citizen is his birth certificate, and he has released that twice... the first time within three days of first being asked to do so. No other birther pursued records at all "relate specifically to rules, regulations and standards to hold the office of POTUS."

Zero. Zilch. Nada. Niente. None.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:39 AM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwennie View Post
Um, no.....you are wrong on all of this.
wow.

every birther i've been in contact with has been reluctant to accept information that contradicts their belief but.....wow...... you've definitely raised the bar here. i supplied direct source links and video on some of the points yet you still claim they are wrong? un-freakin-believable. that truly takes talent.

lets break down your claims again. if you believe my information is wrong then cite some form of evidence to support your claim. constantly repeating "nuh-uh" ceases to be a valid argument somewhere around kindergarten.

claim 1: obama said he was born in kenya.

false. the closest he's ever come to such a statement was a joke on the "tonight show":

“You know, this all dates back to when we were growing up together in Kenya,” Obama joked, alluding to Trump’s repeated birther claims. “We had constant run-in on the soccer field, and he wasn’t very good at it. When we finally moved to America, I thought it would be over.”

is that the quote you are referring to? if not then please cite where obama said he was born in kenya.

claim 2: family members have said he was born in kenya.

false. the claim usually gets attributed to sarah obama from a deceivingly edited audio tape interview. yet again, here is the complete transcript from that interview. nowhere in it does she claim that obama was born in kenya. just the opposite. she clearly states that he was born in hawaii ( and has repeated such in future interviews ).

http://www.obamaconspiracy.org/wp-co...iptlulu109.pdf

if you have any evidence that sarah, or any other family member, said he was born in kenya please cite it.

claim 3: he refuses to show his complete record

i cited that he showed his COLB and his LFBC. you claim this to be false. so......

http://graphics2.snopes.com/politics/graphics/birth.jpg

http://graphics2.snopes.com/politics...s/longform.pdf

both have been confirmed by the hawaii dept of health as authentic and factual.

claim 3.2: he refuses to show his passport

false. i supplied a freaking video of it being shown!!!!! how on earth can you claim that is false? did you not watch the video? are you blind and have somehow figured out a braille solution to the internet? is your cognitive dissonance that deep that your brain will absolutely not accept what is clearly in front of your face?

claim 3.3a: college transcripts show place of birth

false. for evidence i will cite gw bush's yale transcript that was first leaked thru the NY times then later released directly from the white house.

George W. Bush's YALE Transcript: GeorgeWBush.org :: Official Site to Re-Select Bush/Cheney in 2004!

nowhere on there is place of birth or nationality listed. if you believe i'm wrong then please cite a college transcript that lists place of birth or nationality.

claim 3.3b: college applications are not destroyed 5years after attendance

false. i gave you a direct link to occidental's records retention policy! you could hold out and say that columbia or yale's policy is different ( neither are available to view online without a password ) but how on earth can you say i'm wrong about occidental when i gave you a direct source?!!! again, un-freaking-believable.

claim 4: i engage in tactics to shut down birther dialog

false. a quick search of this site for "birther" ("birthers", "birtherism" etc ) will show that i'm one of the main posters to start birther threads. i encourage the dialog but i will point out, with support, what is fact and what is BS ( as in this post ).

claim 5: republicans don't oppose birtherism.

false. i gave you a partial list that included high profile conservatives who reject birtherism (karl rove, ann coulter, rush limbaugh, jan brewer, sean hannity, andrew breitbart and bill o'reilly). do you need me to link to the exact quotes from each one on the topic?

claim 6: birther lawsuits do not predate the obama administration.

false. the following birther cases predate obama taking office:

Berg v. Obama
Brockhausen v. Andrade
Broe v. Reed
Cohen v. Obama
Connerat v. Browning
Herbert v. Obama
Herbert v. The United States
Hunter v. US Supreme Court
Lightfoot v. Bowen
Marquis v. Reed
Martin v Lingle
Neal v. Brunner
Roy v. Fed. Election Comm.
Schneller v. Cortes
Sorensen v. Riley
Stamper v. US
Strunk v. NY State Board of Elections
Sullivan v. Secretary of State
Terry v. Handel
Thomas v. Hosemann
Wrotnowski v. Bysiewicz

( source: http://tesibria.typepad.com/whats_yo...ASE%20LIST.pdf )

so gwennie, do you want to revise your statement that "you are wrong on all of this"?

Old 01-09-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
The records those who have concerns about Obama's eligibility to hold the office of POTUS relate specifically to rules, regulations and standards to hold the office of POTUS - only a Natural Born U.S. citizen may be POTUS.
as stated above all that is satisfied by the state issued and certified COLB under the "full faith and credit" clause of the US constitution ( unless you were talking about proof of 14year residency ).

Old 01-09-2013, 02:51 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,059 times
Quote:
Both are valid issues and examples of the MSM giving the Obama Administration a free pass.

The Weekly Standard has an excellent article presenting the case of the MSM giving Obama a free pass on these issues.
If you think Fox News and conservative talk radio gives Obama a free pass then you're living in Fantasyland. And yes, they are the mainstream media

Old 01-09-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Ignoring this issues is what RESPONSIBLE journalist do. It isn't the job of journalist report every fracking crack pot with some crackpot idea, or theory. If that were the case, based upon my experience, you would need a single subject 10 hour broadcast or a paper as large as a Michener novel. What is the job of journalist is to separate the wheat from the chaff and and report on the wheat while tossing the chaff in the round file. Birtherism, to be polite is nothing but chaff.
Why do I have to spread some around before giving this post a rep?

Old 01-09-2013, 03:04 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
The new birthers:

They are back - and even nuttier than before!

Old 01-09-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Well it's past now being winter so It's obvious they haven't declared Obama can't be President. But other then that does the passage below make anybody else uncomfortable? It reeks very much of the Supreme Court possible playing politics to remove from office a President they have made clear they do not like. Maybe not, I'd like to think that if they had ruled that Obama wasn't a natural born citizen then he would have been grandfathered in

Old 01-09-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
No.....
then supply us with some evidence, that you claim to have "plenty" of, that supports your contention that obama has spent $4million "sealing" his records.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:05 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
If obama wants to be taken seriously, then he should release ALL of his records. Period. He's refused to do so and has spent a ton of money to prevent that from happening. People have tried to get that info.....passport info, educational records, etc...made public and he has fought it tooth and nail. If he is as innocent as he tries to portray himself to be, then there should be no problem whatsoever about signing a release form giving full unrestricted permission to make all of it public. He hasn't done it. Common sense would tell you that he's hiding something. A "credible, neutral source".......there is no such thing on this board.....but there are plenty of "nutty opinions" on it and much of it comes from the left. If you deem what I say to be nutty, then feel free to avoid it. The "I know you are but what am I".....I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about on that one....seems an odd sentence, at best. I'm not into monitoring who is a liberal or a conservative or a moderate.....I simply don't care where people lie on the political spectrum, so in the big picture I don't care who "calls me out" because they don't agree with me.

I'm not saying obama WAS born in Kenya.....I don't care if he was or not. He could have been born in Russia or Tazmania for all I care....he's still the president. But there are facts available that indicate he was born on foreign soil.....his own words, family members have said so, he refuses to show his complete records (particularly passport and educational info) that would indicate his place of birth/nationality. And anyone who challenges obama on this always face charges of "racism", ridiculed as "birthers", and his allies engage in any and all tactics to shut down dialogue about this issue......I mean, really, who are the ones pushing the narrative? It's not the pubs....all they are doing is trying to find out where the hell he's actually from....but anyone with alleigance to obama refuses to listen to credible info on the topic. Not to mention the fact that since he's in the white house, it's pretty easy to indirectly intimidate judicial branches into going along with covering for him.....after all, to do otherwise would mean risking being called a racist and your career is over....our political system has become nothing but a joke. If obama wants to shut this issue down once and for all, then provide ALL of his historical information....not just snippets of it. obama is the one who keeps this alive by hiding it....he has no one to blame but himself. And the people who constantly defend him may just be surprised by factual information that could be mysteriously produced once he's out of office.....one never knows.
I see the birther freaks are still out and about. Keep talking - you only make the liberals look better.

Look ~ state your problems with Obama and open that up for debate. But once you start talking about being born in Kenya, blah, blah, blah ~ everyone stops taking you seriously.

AND that includes most Republicans.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:03 PM

169 posts, read 113,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
wow.

every birther i've been in contact with has been reluctant to accept information that contradicts their belief but.....wow...... you've definitely raised the bar here. i supplied direct source links and video on some of the points yet you still claim they are wrong? un-freakin-believable. that truly takes talent.

lets break down your claims again. if you believe my information is wrong then cite some form of evidence to support your claim. constantly repeating "nuh-uh" ceases to be a valid argument somewhere around kindergarten.

claim 1: obama said he was born in kenya.

false. the closest he's ever come to such a statement was a joke on the "tonight show":

“You know, this all dates back to when we were growing up together in Kenya,” Obama joked, alluding to Trump’s repeated birther claims. “We had constant run-in on the soccer field, and he wasn’t very good at it. When we finally moved to America, I thought it would be over.”

is that the quote you are referring to? if not then please cite where obama said he was born in kenya.

claim 2: family members have said he was born in kenya.

false. the claim usually gets attributed to sarah obama from a deceivingly edited audio tape interview. yet again, here is the complete transcript from that interview. nowhere in it does she claim that obama was born in kenya. just the opposite. she clearly states that he was born in hawaii ( and has repeated such in future interviews ).

http://www.obamaconspiracy.org/wp-co...iptlulu109.pdf

if you have any evidence that sarah, or any other family member, said he was born in kenya please cite it.

claim 3: he refuses to show his complete record

i cited that he showed his COLB and his LFBC. you claim this to be false. so......

http://graphics2.snopes.com/politics/graphics/birth.jpg

http://graphics2.snopes.com/politics...s/longform.pdf

both have been confirmed by the hawaii dept of health as authentic and factual.

claim 3.2: he refuses to show his passport

false. i supplied a freaking video of it being shown!!!!! how on earth can you claim that is false? did you not watch the video? are you blind and have somehow figured out a braille solution to the internet? is your cognitive dissonance that deep that your brain will absolutely not accept what is clearly in front of your face?

claim 3.3a: college transcripts show place of birth

false. for evidence i will cite gw bush's yale transcript that was first leaked thru the NY times then later released directly from the white house.

George W. Bush's YALE Transcript: GeorgeWBush.org :: Official Site to Re-Select Bush/Cheney in 2004!

nowhere on there is place of birth or nationality listed. if you believe i'm wrong then please cite a college transcript that lists place of birth or nationality.

claim 3.3b: college applications are not destroyed 5years after attendance

false. i gave you a direct link to occidental's records retention policy! you could hold out and say that columbia or yale's policy is different ( neither are available to view online without a password ) but how on earth can you say i'm wrong about occidental when i gave you a direct source?!!! again, un-freaking-believable.

claim 4: i engage in tactics to shut down birther dialog

false. a quick search of this site for "birther" ("birthers", "birtherism" etc ) will show that i'm one of the main posters to start birther threads. i encourage the dialog but i will point out, with support, what is fact and what is BS ( as in this post ).

claim 5: republicans don't oppose birtherism.

false. i gave you a partial list that included high profile conservatives who reject birtherism (karl rove, ann coulter, rush limbaugh, jan brewer, sean hannity, andrew breitbart and bill o'reilly). do you need me to link to the exact quotes from each one on the topic?

claim 6: birther lawsuits do not predate the obama administration.

false. the following birther cases predate obama taking office:

Berg v. Obama
Brockhausen v. Andrade
Broe v. Reed
Cohen v. Obama
Connerat v. Browning
Herbert v. Obama
Herbert v. The United States
Hunter v. US Supreme Court
Lightfoot v. Bowen
Marquis v. Reed
Martin v Lingle
Neal v. Brunner
Roy v. Fed. Election Comm.
Schneller v. Cortes
Sorensen v. Riley
Stamper v. US
Strunk v. NY State Board of Elections
Sullivan v. Secretary of State
Terry v. Handel
Thomas v. Hosemann
Wrotnowski v. Bysiewicz

( source: http://tesibria.typepad.com/whats_yo...ASE%20LIST.pdf )

so gwennie, do you want to revise your statement that "you are wrong on all of this"?

No, I don't......but once again, there is other evidence out there that you people refuse to consider. Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies