Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 11:44 AM

283 posts, read 508,103 times

Advertisements

Forget tryin' to convince him otherwise, guys. DerOster is just a lonely ol' troll.

He doesn't want to hear why Afican_Americans posess some physical traits which are conducive to excelling in athletics. I already explained it to him from a medical standpoint, but I doubt he even took the time to look it up to see that I was right.
He just wants to stir the pot.
His ex gf prolly ran off with some black dude so he's got an axe to grind. LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 11:51 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
You mean on average right.
Yes, typically....there is an exception to every rule.

But "on average" does not discount genetic variance.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:53 AM

945 posts, read 967,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
It's not about believing. They just are.
So that does not meet the definitional requirements of racism? If not, how so?

Old 01-09-2013, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
So that does not meet the definitional requirements of racism? If not, how so?
Who cares?? The definition of racism fails on every level....

Old 01-09-2013, 12:00 PM

945 posts, read 967,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lickety_Split View Post
Forget tryin' to convince him otherwise, guys. DerOster is just a lonely ol' troll.

He doesn't want to hear why Afican_Americans posess some physical traits which are conducive to excelling in athletics. I already explained it to him from a medical standpoint, but I doubt he even took the time to look it up to see that I was right.
He just wants to stir the pot.
His ex gf prolly ran off with some black dude so he's got an axe to grind. LOL.
I agree that they have some levels of racial superiority over the other races. I never disagreed with that assessment.

I just find it funny people point out racial-wide advantages to certain races, but then claim no one is racist/prejudice in the NBA/NFL. They know what we all know and blacks are best athletes on average in NBA/NFL solely because of genetics and nothing more.

You aren't smart enough to participate in high level discussions, I'm gleeful that I was able to specifically troll you and get under your skin. I enjoy it, I honestly do.

I'd be perfectly honest, no ex-gf ran off to blacks as far as I know. No axe to grind, just point out what most people don't have the guts to do and thats no outrageous over reverse racism.

Do I have to keep mauling you on these forums or are you going to do p90x and build your claims to be a medical expert?

Old 01-09-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
I agree that they have some levels of racial superiority over the other races. I never disagreed with that assessment.

I just find it funny people point out racial-wide advantages to certain races, but then claim no one is racist/prejudice in the NBA/NFL. They know what we all know and blacks are best athletes on average in NBA/NFL solely because of genetics and nothing more.

You aren't smart enough to participate in high level discussions, I'm gleeful that I was able to specifically troll you and get under your skin. I enjoy it, I honestly do.

I'd be perfectly honest, no ex-gf ran off to blacks as far as I know. No axe to grind, just point out what most people don't have the guts to do and thats no outrageous over reverse racism.

Do I have to keep mauling you on these forums or are you going to do p90x and build your claims to be a medical expert?
Why are you drawing a parallel between the word racist and prejudice in the first place? It's apples and oranges. There's prejudice in every facet of life. Not so with racism.

Last edited by Hot_Handz; 01-09-2013 at 12:14 PM..

Old 01-09-2013, 12:12 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Absolutely. Now I'm not sure that I'd say "dirt poor," but he made it no secret that there wasn't much spare change lying around.

You bring up a good point. Are white professional athletes where they are because they had to play sports to get outta poverty? Why is that assumption never made?

Blacks are just good in sports. All these socio-economic assertions being made by CD posters is a load of bullocks. It ain't about poverty anymore for most. Usually its just for a free scholarship, and even most white families cant afford college.
I agree. Hell nobody can afford college. I told my kid, who's a sophomore on the football team, that he better get a scholarship be it grades or football if he wants to go to a four year school or it's off to community college for a couple years and then transfer. Lot of these folks watch too much TV showing the poor kid who made it out of the hood stuff. Like you say just as many white kids are poor and make it out on a scholarship too. What they do with that scholarship we never know unless they do become one of the one percent or so who make the money.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:21 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
A better thread topic IMO is ...

If the NBA can hire solely based on talent and skills without an affirmative action program, why can't business.

If athletes can be judged 100% on performance why can't us individuals when it comes to hiring ? Do we really need to bend the rules for slow or less talented people ?
Problem is, you know who the best qualified athletes are. They're all there for you to see - nothing hidden. Where are the best salespeople, office workers, lawyers, doctors, firemen, cops? You don't know......until you hire them. Since minorities are underrepresented, not hired for these jobs, you can't say that private business is hiring solely based on talent and skills.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:27 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
they are very sexist as well. how many women in either the NFL or the NBA?
If there were women who could play football or basketball at the highest level, you can be damn sure that the owners would snatch them up quickly. Having someone like that on your team would be a license to print money.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Problem is, you know who the best qualified athletes are. They're all there for you to see - nothing hidden. Where are the best salespeople, office workers, lawyers, doctors, firemen, cops? You don't know......until you hire them. Since minorities are underrepresented, not hired for these jobs, you can't say that private business is hiring solely based on talent and skills.
Here is all I am extracting from your argument...

#1 - there is a monopoly on professional sports franchises (which there is). If there were as many football leagues as there were police departments, we wouldn't see the lack of parity anymore. And who is to say that there SHOULDN'T be smaller, local level professional leagues where athletes can make a living?

#2 - our values as a society have allowed the government we have to grant these quasi-monopolies to the NFL and it's likeness. It's not cool when a retail chain like Walmart does it to everybody... But the NFL? No problem..

And, last but not least (ad-nauseum)... Blacks as a population are underrepresented in America by nothing more than their population number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies