Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 06:51 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Out comes the straw man, LOL. If that's the best you have you should give your fingers a rest.

I would nat care if it was right, left or any other direction I would not give one red cent to any of these bozos. I give to my own church and I ave supported many foster kids over the years through, World Vision. These are good causes and they are accountable to those who contribute.

PS, I'm not patting myself on the back, I could and should give more!

you know, it doesnt matter if the scotus has declared social security legal or not. if you look at what social security is, then you will see that it is a ponzie scheme just as the federal crime says it is.

a ponzie scheme takes money from alot of people and gives it back to a few people in the future. that is what a ponzie scheme is and what it does. the problem is, is that there are more people taking from the system than there are putting into it, the ponzie scheme gets turned on its head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 06:59 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Somebody doesn't know the definition of the term "ponzi scheme".

I won't comment on the paranoid right wing BUY GOLD idiots, nor will I comment on the raving leftists screaming about Christian theocracy and shootouts with fully automatic weapons in every school.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:00 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,349 times
Why aren't they being investigated by the FCC or the SEC?

Old 01-07-2013, 07:00 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I knw it was a scam. Ever notice it's 99% right-wing news and talk radio that keep peddling gold? The gold bubble is gonna come, it's just fear tactics that they keep using. They've been saying since Obama was elected to buy gold, because the dollar is going to crash soon. Yeah right! That's gold bug talk, which is why I don't listen to right wing paranoid media anymore, it's all bull****. Good thing I make it a rule to never buy anything these people peddle.
Beck and Limbaugh have made HUGE $$$ by programming the right wing idiots.

They know they lead their ignorant followers around like sheep that will do anything, believe anything, and buy anything they tell them to.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:13 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Fraud is illegal. There is no illegal fraud. If it's not fraud, there there is no issue.
First sentence of my post,

"Fraud, even when not rising to a level of statutory criminality"

fraud [frawd] Show IPA
noun

1.deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage.

2. a particular instance of such deceit or trickery: mail fraud; election frauds.

3. any deception, trickery, or humbug: That diet book is a fraud and a waste of time.

4. a person who makes deceitful pretenses; sham; poseur.

Origin:
1300–50; Middle English fraude < Old French < Medieval Latin fraud- (stem of fraus ) deceit, injury

Class dismissed, with prejudice.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
you know, it doesnt matter if the scotus has declared social security legal or not. if you look at what social security is, then you will see that it is a ponzie scheme just as the federal crime says it is.

a ponzie scheme takes money from alot of people and gives it back to a few people in the future.
The only problem with your argument is that everyone who pays into the system receives the benefits as described by law.

As for "as federal crime" here are the applicable federal statutes. If you would care to point out how Social security fits into a criminal violation of U.S. Code, be my guest and point it out.

§ 1001. Statements or entries generally
§ 1002. Possession of false papers to defraud United States
§ 1003. Demands against the United States
§ 1004. Certification of checks
§ 1005. Bank entries, reports and transactions
§ 1006. Federal credit institution entries, reports and transactions
§ 1007. Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation transactions
[§§ 1008, 1009. Repealed.]
§ 1010. Department of Housing and Urban Development and Federal Housing Administration transactions
§ 1011. Federal land bank mortgage transactions
§ 1012. Department of Housing and Urban Development transactions
§ 1013. Farm loan bonds and credit bank debentures
§ 1014. Loan and credit applications generally; renewals and discounts; crop insurance
§ 1015. Naturalization, citizenship or alien registry
§ 1016. Acknowledgment of appearance or oath
§ 1017. Government seals wrongfully used and instruments wrongfully sealed
§ 1018. Official certificates or writings
§ 1019. Certificates by consular officers
§ 1020. Highway projects
§ 1021. Title records
§ 1022. Delivery of certificate, voucher, receipt for military or naval property
§ 1023. Insufficient delivery of money or property for military or naval service
§ 1024. Purchase or receipt of military, naval, or veteran’s facilities property
§ 1025. False pretenses on high seas and other waters
§ 1026. Compromise, adjustment, or cancellation of farm indebtedness
§ 1027. False statements and concealment of facts in relation to documents required by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974
§ 1028. Fraud and related activity in connection with identification documents, authentication features, and information
§ 1028A. Aggravated identity theft
§ 1029. Fraud and related activity in connection with access devices
§ 1030. Fraud and related activity in connection with computers
§ 1031. Major fraud against the United States
§ 1032. Concealment of assets from conservator, receiver, or liquidating agent
§ 1033. Crimes by or affecting persons engaged in the business of insurance whose activities affect interstate commerce
§ 1034. Civil penalties and injunctions for violations of section 1033
§ 1035. False statements relating to health care matters
§ 1036. Entry by false pretenses to any real property, vessel, or aircraft of the United States or secure area of any airport or seaport
§ 1037. Fraud and related activity in connection with electronic mail
§ 1038. False information and hoaxes
§ 1039. Fraud and related activity in connection with obtaining confidential phone records information of a covered entity
§ 1040. Fraud in connection with major disaster or emergency benefits

When are you going to recognize that every time you try to engage me in a fact based debate, you lose. Badly.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:07 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
The only problem with your argument is that everyone who pays into the system receives the benefits as described by law.

As for "as federal crime" here are the applicable federal statutes. If you would care to point out how Social security fits into a criminal violation of U.S. Code, be my guest and point it out.

§ 1001. Statements or entries generally
§ 1002. Possession of false papers to defraud United States
§ 1003. Demands against the United States
§ 1004. Certification of checks
§ 1005. Bank entries, reports and transactions
§ 1006. Federal credit institution entries, reports and transactions
§ 1007. Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation transactions
[§§ 1008, 1009. Repealed.]
§ 1010. Department of Housing and Urban Development and Federal Housing Administration transactions
§ 1011. Federal land bank mortgage transactions
§ 1012. Department of Housing and Urban Development transactions
§ 1013. Farm loan bonds and credit bank debentures
§ 1014. Loan and credit applications generally; renewals and discounts; crop insurance
§ 1015. Naturalization, citizenship or alien registry
§ 1016. Acknowledgment of appearance or oath
§ 1017. Government seals wrongfully used and instruments wrongfully sealed
§ 1018. Official certificates or writings
§ 1019. Certificates by consular officers
§ 1020. Highway projects
§ 1021. Title records
§ 1022. Delivery of certificate, voucher, receipt for military or naval property
§ 1023. Insufficient delivery of money or property for military or naval service
§ 1024. Purchase or receipt of military, naval, or veteran’s facilities property
§ 1025. False pretenses on high seas and other waters
§ 1026. Compromise, adjustment, or cancellation of farm indebtedness
§ 1027. False statements and concealment of facts in relation to documents required by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974
§ 1028. Fraud and related activity in connection with identification documents, authentication features, and information
§ 1028A. Aggravated identity theft
§ 1029. Fraud and related activity in connection with access devices
§ 1030. Fraud and related activity in connection with computers
§ 1031. Major fraud against the United States
§ 1032. Concealment of assets from conservator, receiver, or liquidating agent
§ 1033. Crimes by or affecting persons engaged in the business of insurance whose activities affect interstate commerce
§ 1034. Civil penalties and injunctions for violations of section 1033
§ 1035. False statements relating to health care matters
§ 1036. Entry by false pretenses to any real property, vessel, or aircraft of the United States or secure area of any airport or seaport
§ 1037. Fraud and related activity in connection with electronic mail
§ 1038. False information and hoaxes
§ 1039. Fraud and related activity in connection with obtaining confidential phone records information of a covered entity
§ 1040. Fraud in connection with major disaster or emergency benefits

When are you going to recognize that every time you try to engage me in a fact based debate, you lose. Badly.

very true, but if what you say would actually hold water, then 2 things would happen. the age of retirement would never go up, it would always be age 65 instead of 67 like it is for me or higher for others, the other fact would be that the social security program would not be in the general fund and all it has for money is IOU's.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:21 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,895 times
liberals dont buy gold because food stamps arent accepted.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
very true, but if what you say would actually hold water, then 2 things would happen. the age of retirement would never go up, it would always be age 65 instead of 67 like it is for me or higher for others, the other fact would be that the social security program would not be in the general fund and all it has for money is IOU's.
When social security was first formulated life expectancy was on average 61.7 years, today by contrast, the life expectancy is 78.7 so the average period that one can expect to receive benefits has been extended some 13 years. So unlike a ponzi scheme where those late to the party receive a lower return or none at all, Social Security acts in the opposite.

Social Security is not in the general fund,
MYTHS AND MISINFORMATION ABOUT SOCIAL SECURITY- Part 1

Q1. Which political party took Social Security from the independent trust fund and put it into the general fund so that Congress could spend it?

A1: There has never been any change in the way the Social Security program is financed or the way that Social Security payroll taxes are used by the federal government. The Social Security Trust Fund was created in 1939 as part of the Amendments enacted in that year. From its inception, the Trust Fund has always worked the same way. The Social Security Trust Fund has never been "put into the general fund of the government."

Most likely this question comes from a confusion between the financing of the Social Security program and the way the Social Security Trust Fund is treated in federal budget accounting. Starting in 1969 (due to action by the Johnson Administration in 1968) the transactions to the Trust Fund were included in what is known as the "unified budget." This means that every function of the federal government is included in a single budget. This is sometimes described by saying that the Social Security Trust Funds are "on-budget." This budget treatment of the Social Security Trust Fund continued until 1990 when the Trust Funds were again taken "off-budget." This means only that they are shown as a separate account in the federal budget. But whether the Trust Funds are "on-budget" or "off-budget" is primarily a question of accounting practices--it has no effect on the actual operations of the Trust Fund itself.
Social Security History FAQs Internet Myths II

If you like you can contact me via direct message and I can teach you how to use the copious amount of primary information and sources, unless you have some sort of fetish for being intellectually spanked in public.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:55 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
MSNBC advertises to buy gold too. This is all about nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies