Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 06:29 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
in CO you can call in a fresh road kill and claim it,sometime up to 70% of the meat is fully salvagable.you must take it all not just the backstrap mmmmmmm good

We can here in NH too for moose bear and deer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Almost hit a HUGE bull crossing the hwy coming down the 40 from the top of the pass by Park City. That sucker probably would have come through the windshield. It was about 1:00am and we were on our trek to deer camp at Rangley CO. The one thing I remember was the head lights shining in the Elk's eyes as he stared at us just before he bolted away while I was slamming on the brakes going down hill on black ice in the fog pulling a trailer.
August 2010 I hit a jeep on my kawi Nomad that hit a very young bull moose.... I skidded 85.5 feet before i made contact and the math says I needed 111 feet... Wrecked my ft fender, but that was it...

I was on the brakes before the jeep hit the moose. It was about 10 pm and dark, so I was following rules I made for me about night riding and not passing vehicles a head of me..

I misjudged... When a moose stops a vehicle, that vehicle stops Right Now. The 2 guys inside the jeep cherokee lucked out too, as the air bag didn't go off.... If it had it would have broken their necks which is typical of moose crash victims.

Air temp that night was around 98 still, and the cops ended up shooting the moose in swamp water.. So I wasn't hot to have the meat, sinew hide etc etc.. Had it been colder........ I use sinew for sewwing, backing bows and I use hides for all sorts of things... mocs to coats everything.. Bones too...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 11:07 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Boulder officers arrested, accused of plotting 'trophy' kill of Mapleton elk - The Denver Post

"two Boulder police officers were arrested Friday after investigators say texts between the officers revealed they planned the trophy kill almost a day in advance of the actual shooting...[They] were booked on suspicion of forgery, tampering with physical evidence, attempting to influence a public official -- all felonies -- as well as unlawful taking of a trophy elk, conspiracy, a Samson surcharge, killing an elk out of season, unlawful use of an electronic device to unlawfully take wildlife and first degree official misconduct -- all misdemeanors.

Carter told police the day after the shooting that he encountered an elk while on patrol...that he said was injured and needed to be put down. Carter then shot the animal with a shotgun, and Curnow -- who was off-duty -- came to pick up the carcass...Carter did not report the incident or notify his supervisors he fired his weapon that night, though he told investigators he called in the incident and did not know why dispatch did not have any record of it, according to the affidavit.

But according to an arrest affidavit, cell phone records obtained from phone carriers for Carter, Curnow and George show the shooting was premeditated. In the texts, Carter can be seen referring to the elk as early as 2:56 a.m. Jan. 1 -- almost 20 hours before the shooting. Carter also applied for a road kill permit for the elk with Colorado Parks and Wildlife, saying the elk had broken an antler off, while investigators believe Curnow had sawed the antler off."

Old 01-19-2013, 12:00 AM

20 posts, read 13,294 times
The OP was about the treehugging loons that held a vigil for an elk. One.stupid.elk.

One guy even said the elk loved them back...oh my!

Please people, don't get so attached to the food.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus Maximus View Post
The OP was about the treehugging loons that held a vigil for an elk. One.stupid.elk.

One guy even said the elk loved them back...oh my!

Please people, don't get so attached to the food.
How do you know that Elk didn't love them back?

Old 01-19-2013, 12:05 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
The Elk loved them...Not but some people probably get to love that Delicious Elk.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
The Elk loved them...Not but some people probably get to love that Delicious Elk.
I hope those cops 8 years loved eating that Elk - that's the potential sentence they're facing.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:20 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Boulder officers arrested, accused of plotting 'trophy' kill of Mapleton elk - The Denver Post

"two Boulder police officers were arrested Friday after investigators say texts between the officers revealed they planned the trophy kill almost a day in advance of the actual shooting...[They] were booked on suspicion of forgery, tampering with physical evidence, attempting to influence a public official -- all felonies -- as well as unlawful taking of a trophy elk, conspiracy, a Samson surcharge, killing an elk out of season, unlawful use of an electronic device to unlawfully take wildlife and first degree official misconduct -- all misdemeanors.

Carter told police the day after the shooting that he encountered an elk while on patrol...that he said was injured and needed to be put down. Carter then shot the animal with a shotgun, and Curnow -- who was off-duty -- came to pick up the carcass...Carter did not report the incident or notify his supervisors he fired his weapon that night, though he told investigators he called in the incident and did not know why dispatch did not have any record of it, according to the affidavit.

But according to an arrest affidavit, cell phone records obtained from phone carriers for Carter, Curnow and George show the shooting was premeditated. In the texts, Carter can be seen referring to the elk as early as 2:56 a.m. Jan. 1 -- almost 20 hours before the shooting. Carter also applied for a road kill permit for the elk with Colorado Parks and Wildlife, saying the elk had broken an antler off, while investigators believe Curnow had sawed the antler off."
Now the truth comes out and they say the Elk lovers were loony. I would much rather hang out with nature lovers than the loony right-wing nutcases on here who have no regard for animal life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies