Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 04:42 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Why don't you read the link and then attack the message in it? Yes, I know that you have done this one just as leaners do but this time you tried to deflect without mention of the message.
I can't read townhall.com stuff, i lose iq points reading that kind of crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 04:42 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Most have not yet seen their next paycheck...
If you think about it, not having seen your next paycheck is a very common experience.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:44 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,968,512 times
Quote:
I am always amazed at how you leaners refuse to read links but always want to talk about what you failed to read. Somehow I wonder if your method isn't a lot of why you voted for Obama.
I never voted for Obama, but unlike you, I'm a firm believer in math. Studied the exiting polls in both 2008 and 2012, religiously.

The GOP problem is a math problem, as they are selling horse and buggies in the 21st century, wondering where all the customers went.

The demographics of the 21st century require a brand, new approach. A big tent is not a luxury..it is a necessity. In order to widen the tent, the TP must be banished from the tent, as they yearn for prior centuries, ignoring the one they live in, holding back the GOP in the process.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:45 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
After the 2010 elections, Americans woke up and saw who the real enemy has been this whole time...

Senate Republicans Block Another Jobs Bill, Face Backlash From American Public

...and voted accordingly.
Did you read my blog link? I think not so I feel not reading your blog link is only fair from me. Which of the latest "jobs" bills are you talking about? See me admit that I didn't read your link.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:46 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,936,051 times
Quote:
I don't think I have ever seen any left leaning talk like this before.
Did you make all this up by yourself or did you read it somewhere, like Daily Kos or StinkProgress?
Nah, I saw it on NEOCONvict.org.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Obama was re-elected in large part due to social issues such as gay marriage and abortion. Yes, there are many people who will vote on those issues alone, ignoring everything else. People were afraid that Mitt Romney would bring back Bush era torture interrogations. That and he seemed out of touch and elitists. All in all though, the reason why Obama was re-elected is because people are too scared to vote third party. Other then the social issues, I don't see a huge difference between the two major political parties.
I think that the major social issue that did Romney in was what Ms. Hollis called the vagina vote. Why didn't you even mention that? I know, but will you admit it?

Old 01-07-2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I can't read townhall.com stuff, i lose iq points reading that kind of crap.
Since you can't read from that source be careful what blogs you post things from because I will be forced to maintain my ignorance of what lefties think. At least you admitted that you didn't read the link. Most of your kind fail to make that admission.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:51 PM

106 posts, read 159,173 times
I wonder when we're going to meet a well-informed leftist who can debate or discuss from a fact based perspective, rather than just parroting other leftist, and doing their best to sound as condescendingly "clever" and snarky as Bill Maher.

I approached this topic with hope, but first it's "tinfoil hats" then the usual "Fox News" trashing, followed by the expected "I don't read links to wing nut sites".

This is why Obama was reelected. We have an ill-informed electorate that is easily led down the garden path who have been told how smart and superior they are to anyone who isn't dancing in the daisies with them.

As to the failure of the Republicans, it is legion. But, as some know, Republicans and Conservatives are not the same thing. The Republican Party does not represent Conservatives, and hasn't for a long time. Ultimately, there is one agenda in DC, due to the failure of Americans to be responsible for our rights and freedoms, and that is for the politicians to get themselves reelected so they can continue on representing their favored special interest groups.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I never voted for Obama, but unlike you, I'm a firm believer in math. Studied the exiting polls in both 2008 and 2012, religiously.

The GOP problem is a math problem, as they are selling horse and buggies in the 21st century, wondering where all the customers went.

The demographics of the 21st century require a brand, new approach. A big tent is not a luxury..it is a necessity. In order to widen the tent, the TP must be banished from the tent, as they yearn for prior centuries, ignoring the one they live in, holding back the GOP in the process.
How about you noting and discussing the huge [MOD CUT] vote from that 2012 election? You don't really understand that ones principles, like the GOP, should be used in determining how they vote.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-07-2013 at 09:11 PM.. Reason: vulgar

Old 01-07-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Nah, I saw it on NEOCONvict.org.
Hey, I will have to check out that source just to see how many others do that trick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies