Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2013, 09:50 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
In an incident that left six dead and 14 injured, the real victim was WHO???
LOL

They are so pathetic, aren't they?

Poor Sarah, sitting up there in Alaska on all the millions she scammed all those people who donated to SarahPac out of and she's the victim?

While Giffords will never be the same physically or mentally, and the parents who lost their little girl will mourn her for the rest of their lives, and the others who lost loved ones will never get them back, and those who were injured may never be the same again physically or mentally, someone has the nerve to say that Palin, with her "don't retreat, reload" mantra, is the victim is beyond pathetic.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:52 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
LOL

They are so pathetic, aren't they?

Poor Sarah, sitting up there in Alaska on all the millions she scammed all those people who donated to SarahPac out of and she's the victim?

While Giffords will never be the same physically or mentally, and the parents who lost their little girl will mourn her for the rest of their lives, and the others who lost loved ones will never get them back, and those who were injured may never be the same again physically or mentally, someone has the nerve to say that Palin, with her "don't retreat, reload" mantra, is the victim is beyond pathetic.
Seems like a great reason for liberals to start worshiping Gabby's opinions now, she's finally on the same mental level with her voting base.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:56 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,392,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Oh, no!

Another "if I can't have my way, I'm just gonna' leave, so there!"

Where are you going to go? Canada? Maybe Somalia would be more to your liking.

Just don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

Or are you just going to denounce your citizenship but stay here? If so, guess what? You will still have to obey the laws. Too bad, so sad.

Bunch of crybabies - scared their toys are going to be taken away or that they won't be able to go buy whatever toy tickles their fancy this week. Waaaaah.........

Crybaby my azz. The anti's are the crybabies who lie and use deceit to further their agenda. Of all people Bloomberg gets tapped for advice by Obama? Bloomberg the idiot who wants to control the lives of people from what they eat, drink and smoke and now his idea of gun bans also? No thanks, the meaning of freedom is at odds with the likes of Bloomberg. If NYC wants that fine, but the rest of us don't. There may come a time when other nations are more free than America and at that point I might leave.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:57 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Haha! Now the world will see what idiots the gun-stroking crowd is - simply by reading this thread. Search Gifford's name and this thread pops op.

All the hate from the gun-loving crowd - you've done yourself proud.

Hell, those of us that are for some reasonable type of gun legislation could NOT get any better adverstisement than this thread.

Carry on!

Old 01-09-2013, 09:57 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
So she should give up her First Amendment rights to keep you from feeling threatened about your Second Amendment rights? I see....
Considering that she is using her First Amendment rights to threaten my Second Amendment rights, maybe we should use our Second Amendment rights to threaten her First Amendment rights.

If you cannot see the hypocrisy of using one freedom to strip others of another freedom, then there can never be a rational dialog.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:59 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Seems like a great reason for liberals to start worshiping Gabby's opinions now, she's finally on the same mental level with her voting base.
*This* is one of my personal favorites ~ mocking Gabby Gifford and her gunshot injuries and traumatic brain injury.

Nice. Classy. Educated. Dignified. Everything you and your party are NOT.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:00 AM

57,268 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
So true , hero's are our military fighting for our country. Hero's are our veterans that fought for our country. Hero's are the teachers that threw themselves in the paths of bullets to save save the kids in CT. Gifford being shot was a tragedy but a hero it does not make.
You do realize that her husband Mark Kelly is an Astronaut and Iraq war veteran and is also making a statement, that they are both gun owners?

“I’ve taken a gun to work,” Kelly said. “I flew in combat in Operation Desert Storm off the USS Midway, carrying a 9-millimeter. I certainly understand the importance and the right to own a firearm in our country. I certainly get that. Gabby and I want to protect people’s Second Amendment rights.

"Giffords and Kelly met last week with New York Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg (I), who is a leading gun-control advocate and is spending millions of dollars of his vast personal fortune on advocacy efforts, and penned an op-ed Tuesday in USA Today announcing their goals. They plan to work with Bloomberg’s group, and Kelly said he has also discussed potential gun regulations with White House officials."

- The Washington Post

Old 01-09-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
She formed a PAC. What do PACs do ?
This particular PAC is going up against the NRA and they want your money to help them.

Will she be objective when she has her own Gabby PAC to support Democrats ?
You say that like you have a problem with it.

The NRA has a lot of money behind them from the gun industry and their whacko members; why shouldn't we fight money with money?

And they will be getting a small donation from me (small, because that's what I can afford).

Old 01-09-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Ok and have you formed a PAC and seeking donations from people ?
Why do you have a problem with that?

You don't think the donations are pouring into the NRA from gun nuts and the gun industry?

Damn straight they should have a PAC and solicit donations!

Old 01-09-2013, 10:06 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You do realize that her husband Mark Kelly is an Astronaut and Iraq war veteran and is also making a statement, that they are both gun owners?

“I’ve taken a gun to work,” Kelly said. “I flew in combat in Operation Desert Storm off the USS Midway, carrying a 9-millimeter. I certainly understand the importance and the right to own a firearm in our country. I certainly get that. Gabby and I want to protect people’s Second Amendment rights.

"Giffords and Kelly met last week with New York Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg (I), who is a leading gun-control advocate and is spending millions of dollars of his vast personal fortune on advocacy efforts, and penned an op-ed Tuesday in USA Today announcing their goals. They plan to work with Bloomberg’s group, and Kelly said he has also discussed potential gun regulations with White House officials."

- The Washington Post
Okay...? I guess I don't get your point. I said her being shot does not make her a hero.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies