Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 11:11 PM

658 posts, read 1,553,803 times

Advertisements

I am not republican or conservative but I am MORE SO than liberal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 06:27 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by certsevtxert View Post
Best Conservative cities in the USA?
By the nature of them it is rare for ANY city to be conservative.

It comes with the concentration of people the raw number of them rubbing up against so many
others on a regular basis it is hard to isolate yourself from differing views and attitudes then of
course all the other social and cultural institutions and events that require the large population

Even in the most conservative of states... their cities will be their liberal balance.
The bigger cities even more so.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:29 AM

3,892 posts, read 5,510,017 times
Indianapolis is a conservative city.
San Diego also comes to mind.
problem is though San Diego is in a very liberal state.
Indiana though is almost a solid red state.
So its safe to say Indianapolis is the largest conservative city in a red state.
Greg Ballard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Indy has a Republican Mayor too and prior to 2011 the Republican Party controlled the city-County Council. now its about even and either party can control the city-county council. it flips back and forth.
Indy's taxes are also low and the cost of living is one of the lowest in the nation for any large city.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:06 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,231,748 times
There are no "BEST" conservative cities. They are all the same.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:55 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,844,996 times
Phoenix
anyplace in Utah
Idaho (Boise)
I think maybe Dallas/Ft Worth would lean conservative
May be Tampa or Orlando?

I would agree that any large megatropolis city(s) are liberal.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:53 PM

607 posts, read 1,393,127 times
I guess it depends on what your definition of conservative is. For example, Cincinnati has always been labeled a "conservative" city. In fact, supposedly, Mark Twain once said about Cincinnati, "If the world comes to an end, I want to be in Cincinnati. Everything comes there ten years later." But by conservative, I think most people mean that the city is slow to embrace change, rather than conservative in a political sense. Because the urban core of Cincinnati is actually heavily democratic and even the mayor is a democrat. Now the outlying suburbs are a different story.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:07 PM

658 posts, read 1,553,803 times
less drugs and gays i suppose makes it more conservative

Old 01-11-2013, 09:24 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,529,674 times
Quote:
less drugs and gays i suppose makes it more conservative
And a helluva lot less fun...

Old 01-12-2013, 05:35 AM

376 posts, read 652,415 times
Quote:
Dallas Metro, Houston Metro, Boise, Phoenix. But by and large, 90% of cities tend left.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:56 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,672,422 times
Rural folk are usually a little to the right if not a ton so, that said, you may get more of a meat headed type of populace than anything resembling the tendency toward thinking things all the way through. I lived in a very small town in Wa state, the locals were blue collar people with more than their share of misery, unemployment, drug abuse, crime, spousal abuse, and just plain good people who are weary of their social standing as second class types when compared to their better off counterparts in the states big cities.

Conservative, liberal, are they the terms that really defines us best, probably not but most American's know they are different from each other be it politics, religion, class, or education, the chasm exists between us. For my money I love where I'm at now for the fact that as Donny and Marie once noted "we're a little bit country and a little bit rock and roll, celebrate the difference and try to respect those who can't.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies