Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 02:31 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,126,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I beg your pardon?! Thats about a terminaly stupid crack. What percieved malcunction, tbat has to do with skin tone, is it that you see here. You feel white people kill each other with guns and/or handle them in sill fashion more so than someone who is a different color? Asinine quips like tbis are inflammatory and arrogant. And far from amusing.
I think your reply is better than what I came up with other than I had just watched the coming video about how different people grip their handguns. Don't watch it if you are racially prejudiced, though. I do see this grip too often on TV and in movies.

Matt Steele Outdoors (3) Shooting Grip Essentials - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 02:31 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,871,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Ignorant posts amuse me!

25 years murder-free in 'Gun Town USA....

In March 1982, 25 years ago, the small town of Kennesaw – responding to a handgun ban in Morton Grove, Ill. – unanimously passed an ordinance requiring each head of household to own and maintain a gun.
Since then, despite dire predictions of “Wild West” showdowns and increased violence and accidents, not a single resident has been involved in a fatal shooting – as a victim, attacker or defender.

Read more at 25 years murder-free in ‘Gun Town USA’

Ignore dub dub, he's just an ignorant racist troll. Just looking for a reaction.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:32 PM

46,001 posts, read 34,991,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Now you want someone to interview an Alaskan brown bear and ask his reasons?

Did somebody mention "having a bolt loose"?
Well Alaska is a different world than the rest of the US, so I can understand why someone would want to be armed up there because of animals over criminals. In the US, one doesn't have to worry too much about a bear.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:32 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,604,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
Give monkeys guns and watch them kill themselves.

Now they have guns, and they've already started killing themselves.

All in the name of 'civility'.

White people amuse me...
You mean like the idjits in Chicago?

Oh, wait!!!!! They are primariy.....black!

Oh, well. Go, Monkey, Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well Alaska is a different world than the rest of the US, so I can understand why someone would want to be armed up there because of animals over criminals. In the US, one doesn't have to worry too much about a bear.
Hmmmmm. Bears shop in Wal-Mart? Who knew!

Thank you, God, for the brain. I'm sorry you didn't have enough brain matter to spread the wealth.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:36 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,205,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Hopefully it will not stop.
I bet crime drops in this town and the publicity will definitely prevent any potential school nutjob shooting wannabe from even thinking about their community - which is the point.

From the Karate Kid, 1984

Daniel: So, karate's fighting. You train to fight.
Miyagi: That what you think?
Daniel: [pondering] No.
Miyagi: Then why train?
Daniel: [thinks] So I won't have to fight.
Miyagi: [laughs] Miyagi have hope for you.

Miyagi has hope for this town in Utah.
Crime drop in a city or town of 1,000 inhabitants? That is too funny.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:37 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,435,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Hopefully it will not stop.
I bet crime drops in this town and the publicity will definitely prevent any potential school nutjob shooting wannabe from even thinking about their community - which is the point.

From the Karate Kid, 1984

Daniel: So, karate's fighting. You train to fight.
Miyagi: That what you think?
Daniel: [pondering] No.
Miyagi: Then why train?
Daniel: [thinks] So I won't have to fight.
Miyagi: [laughs] Miyagi have hope for you.

Miyagi has hope for this town in Utah.
This might be the corniest Karate Kid reference we're likely to see this year on CityData...

Hey wait a second--Mr. Miyagi didn't carry any guns...he just knew karate.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
FWIW:

"Prior to enactment of the law, Kennesaw had a population of just 5,242 but a crime rate significantly higher (4,332 per 100,000) than the national average (3,899 per 100,000). The latest statistics available – for the year 2005 – show the rate at 2,027 per 100,000. Meanwhile, the population has skyrocketed to 28,189.

By comparison, the population of Morton Grove, the first city in Illinois to adopt a gun ban for anyone other than police officers, has actually dropped slightly and stands at 22,202, according to 2005 statistics. More significantly, perhaps, the city’s crime rate increased by 15.7 percent immediately after the gun ban, even though the overall crime rate in Cook County rose only 3 percent. Today, by comparison, the township’s crime rate stands at 2,268 per 100,000.
This was not what some predicted.

25 years murder-free in ‘Gun Town USA’
It is not nice to throw facts like these at THEM when THEY are playing around with each other.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Have you seen anyone come for your guns? Gun nuts tend to have a bolt loose.
Have you failed to see any of the things coming out of the 'White House and the Biden committee? One would think that you have been in hiding when the threads defending some of those things are posted here.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Why would she be attacked in general for any reason?

I haven't had a gun on my hip for 35 years and have been attacked zero times.
I will bet that from her looks she would be more likely to be attacked by a rapist or three than you would. Oh wait, I don't know what your sex is or what you look like so I shouldn't say that, but I did anyway.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:42 PM

46,001 posts, read 34,991,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Have you failed to see any of the things coming out of the 'White House and the Biden committee? One would think that you have been in hiding when the threads defending some of those things are posted here.
Yes I have been paying attention what has been coming out of the White House, I also know that Biden has to report back to Obama by the end of the month, so until that happens everything is just speculation and predictions and we all know how accurate the Cons are when it comes to predictions, President Romney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies