Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 11:02 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
LOL.....what a bunch of losers! I'm laughing my ass off that liberals have been bitten in the ass once again by their Messianic worship of Barack Obama. Serves them right!
I'm laughing you have to create strawmans, like people worship Obama. Whatever you need to make you right, huh?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 11:49 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Pretty much.

Just read around here on threads before the election. I believe a good estimate would be 70 million didn't know.

I think it's hilarious!

Seriously, how in God's Green Earth could you not have known? I'm serious. Unimaginable.

Hate to break the news, but this is just the beginning!

Hate to agree, but only the naive could not have known this, and there must be a hell of a lot of naive, when you say this is just the beginning, you ain't a kidding!

With the last miserable 4 years, did you people really think, the next 4 are going to be a walk in the park, hell no.

There was never Hope nor Change, and moving forward, is the biggest joke i ever heard.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:08 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I see zero evidence that the people complaining are Democrats. Is there some magic filter available that can determine the political leanings of someone that posts on an internet forum? If I posted on a teabagger blog does that mean that I must also be a teabagger?
Does it really matter if they are Dems, Libs or Repubs? The point is they are still ticked and since they were told No increase in taxes on the middle class and all they heard from Obama's mouth was tax, tax, tax. My point is, it does not matter who is pi**ed, Obama promised that there would not be no tax increases on the middle class. Read his lips!

If Obama would have told the truth he would have said "except payroll taxes will go up". Instead he didn't say anything at all... Obama kept you in the dark because he wanted your vote.

SURPRISE

Old 01-11-2013, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA Bubbleup View Post
Am I correct in stating that employers (small and large alike) are responsible for matching Social security contributions? You pay 6.2% and the employers match by depositing 6.2% (so really the effective rate is 12.4%)
Many people don't realize that employers actually pay payroll taxes to the government to employ them. Yes employees match SS contributions.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
I'm more concerned about the $3,000/yr of my money that goes to pay for our bloated Defense budget when $1,500/yr would do just as much.
Your concern is one sided. Why are you not concerned about the welfare system that is paying people to do nothing. I am more concerned about the thousands of dollars of my money that goes to pay for our bloated and fraudulent welfare system. What do they contribute to society?

Old 01-11-2013, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Your snide comment above was that "Obama voters got what they asked for."
Well you did vote to raise taxes on other people and you don't expect them to smile when you got your surprise? LOL

Old 01-11-2013, 12:28 AM

Quote:

You guys are so full of Obamahate that you don't even align with your own champions in government anymore!!!
You got that wrong. We don't belong to a cult like Obama supporters cult. We realize that no-one is perfect and that politicians should be held responsible. Obamanites would let Obama off the hook no matter what.

Don't you remember when Bush Sr said Read My Lips No New Taxes? He was held responsible for going back on his word. The Obama cult will defend Obama no matter how much Obama lies and goes back on his word and no matter how much he hurts middle class Americans.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:35 AM

Quote:
There is no one "at fault" for the expiration of something that was supposed to be temporary anyway. It was extended ONCE (BY OBAMA)..
And the Bush tax cuts were supposed to expire for EVERYONE. But it was funny all the yipping that went on when Dems thought they would have to pay higher taxes if they expired. So if you defend it because it was temporary then you wouldn't have a problem with All the Bush tax cuts expiring too.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Why would ANY of you trust the same President who said 'If you like your healthcare you can keep your healthcare' (a total crock) and boasted 'Al Qaeda is on the run!' before the Benghazi massacre?
Yea these are my favorites. Obama continues to lie and the Obama cult continue to defend him.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
It is the Democrats who continually harp about increasing "revenue", that ridiculous euphemism for raising taxes. Get a bunch of dummy-crat "thinkers" in a room, and you have an IQ approaching the same value as absolute zero (-453F = 0K).
I wonder if dummy-crat is a disease caused by global warming lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies