Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 09:35 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,482,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Guns are not consumable items like drugs, only the ammunition is. Once a gun is made it is likely to remain functional for as long as it is maintained. Plenty of people own and shoot guns more than a century old and military guns especially were designed to function under the worst conditions their designers could think of. Most "scary black guns" in public hands today will be around for a VERY long time.

Even ammunition is made very regularly by hobby handloaders in basements and sheds all over the country, and nobody is seriously talking about ammunition bans.
Nobody is seriously talking about gun bans, either. Regulation does not equal banning and confiscation, despite what the NRA would like people to think.

That said, the durability of guns is a valid point. One of the biggest problems with making any kind of gun control effective is the vast quantity of firearms already in circulation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 03:01 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If assault rifles are banned, there will be a buyback. Anyone who keeps one will become a criminal.

It is nice to see that you are in favor of legalization of drugs.
Let me guess... A whopping $200 buy back on a $1500 fire arm.... Oh yeah, that will work real well... Not going to happen... Most of us will just settle to be criminals... Plan on spending a lot of money building penetentiaries...

Old 01-12-2013, 03:33 PM

374 posts, read 236,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Guns are not consumable items like drugs, only the ammunition is. Once a gun is made it is likely to remain functional for as long as it is maintained. Plenty of people own and shoot guns more than a century old and military guns especially were designed to function under the worst conditions their designers could think of. Most "scary black guns" in public hands today will be around for a VERY long time.

Even ammunition is made very regularly by hobby handloaders in basements and sheds all over the country, and nobody is seriously talking about ammunition bans.
They are but they can all kiss my ass on that too. I own a Dillon 550B and a RCBS Rockchucker. I have over 100,000 primers sitting safe and here that I bought the last few months (before any of this crap started). I have over 20,000 rounds of 9mm 124 gr FMJ just waited to get loaded up. 2,000 rounds 180 .40 S&W FMJ. I already had 3,000 230 gr FMJ .45 ACP.....just ordered another 8,000 of 200 gr LSWC to run in my 1911s. I have 4,000 148 gr LHBWC .38s.....and 8 pound kegs of various powders.....but wait that's not all. It's all I'm saying on a public forum.

I won't be running out anytime soon.

The people who cannot grasp the concept of going to Wally World and buying a brick of .22s (500) that used to cost $8.88 back when I bought all of mine....are CLUELESS.

"Why would anyone need that much ammo"?

I won't even tell you about my FOUR crates of Lake City M855 SS109 with two tins inside 820 each.....( 1,640 rounds total per crate).

How about my 7.62x39 and 5.45x39mm?

Or my FN 5.7x28mm?

7.62X51mm (.308)?

.303 British?

.30-06?

I'm tired of typing and the rest in MYOB anyway.

I haven't even started yet. And NO...I didn't just buy this stuff. I've been shooting for decades.

Get real gun grabbers.

Old 01-12-2013, 03:34 PM

374 posts, read 236,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Nobody is seriously talking about gun bans, either. Regulation does not equal banning and confiscation, despite what the NRA would like people to think.

That said, the durability of guns is a valid point. One of the biggest problems with making any kind of gun control effective is the vast quantity of firearms already in circulation.
Are you crazy? Those fawks have talked about a $1 a round tax........

Forget anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies