Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2013, 07:32 AM

58,590 posts, read 26,889,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
inconvenience? you can't wait a few days to pass a background check? what are you 10 years old? is someone threatening your life that you need the gun right then and there? if that's the case then I suggest you call the cops!
To quote many on the left, "if it saves just 1 life".

There was an indecent a few years back where a battered wife was KILLED by her estranged husband who had threatened to kill her and continually defied the Restraining Order against him, WHILE she was waiting for her background Check to clear.

sometimes "you can't wait a few days to pass a background check".

Does this answer your question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 07:34 AM

Quote:
huh? no car dealership will sell you a car if you don't have a valid license to drive. it would be against the law for them to do so. duh.
B.S There is NO requirement have a license in order to buy a car. Where do you come up with this nonsense?

Show us the law.

You really shouldn't be making statement when you have so little knowledge on the subject.

It makes you look lke a fool.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
The NRA works for the gun manufacturers and gun sellers.

The NRA's goals are to keep the government from making studying gun violence and possibly holding gun manufacturers and sellers responsible, to get people to buy more guns, and to keep Congress from investigating gun manufacturers and gun sellers.

Any action that the NRA perceives to threaten their business model, they can't tolerate.
PSST! I have a bridge to sell, Used very little. Are you interested?

Old 04-12-2013, 08:19 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,778,162 times
In my home state of California we have a 10 day wait for all gun purchases. I do not have a problem with a waiting for period for someone purchasing their first gun, though 10 days is too long, maybe 3 days is more reasonable. But after you own one gun you should not have to wait. I hav scores of guns, what sense does it make to make me wait an aidfitional 10 days for the next gun? Btw, their is an ongoing lawsuit to address this.

Plus it pollutes the environment since I now have to drive to and from the gun shop a second time. For certain guns I own I have driven over 100 miles each way, so I drove a total of 400 miles for a single purchase.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:24 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,148,145 times
Quote:
what do you have to fear from a background check unless you are a criminal? I don't understand how anyone in their right mind could be opposed to background checks and waiting periods when buying a gun. do many members of the NRA have criminal backgrounds? then I could see why they would be opposed to it.

I would take it a step further and require gun owners to be licensed. you need a license to drive a car but any idiot can legally own a gun?

if owning a firearm was to be exactly like owning a vehicle, then I would not need to have any license, background check, insurance or any other qualification including not even being 16 to own a firearm. none of that is required to own any vehicle if it is used only on your property.

maybe we should have a reading test, have to pay a poll tax, be an actual taxpayer, not get any kind of government entitlement, and own land in order to vote in any election.
strange that liberals want firearms owners to have a license in order to own a firearm, but dont want a voter id for all legal citizens.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:23 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,716,491 times
Quote:
what do you have to fear from a background check unless you are a criminal? I don't understand how anyone in their right mind could be opposed to background checks and waiting periods when buying a gun. do many members of the NRA have criminal backgrounds? then I could see why they would be opposed to it.

I would take it a step further and require gun owners to be licensed. you need a license to drive a car but any idiot can legally own a gun?
owning is car is not a civil right, what about a voters license?

waiting time has never stopped a crime, it has how have lead to people being unable to defend themselves for stalkers, rapist, home invaders ect. criminals don't follow the law, what cant you understand this

Old 05-21-2013, 02:50 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,367,797 times
Waiting periods and background checks cut into profits. That's all the NRA cares about.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:54 AM

18,868 posts, read 14,052,061 times
If one has a right to life and the right to bear arms, why would anyone accept a waiting period to exercise a right?
It may cost someone's life, to delay their acquisition of a firearm.
Why not ask for permission to live, to breathe, to eat, to drink 32 ounce beverages?

Old 05-21-2013, 03:51 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,716,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Waiting periods and background checks cut into profits. That's all the NRA cares about.
what is it with the left and the hate of money and liberty? they fight the infringement of a civil right, but then again you will trade your liberty for your security wont you.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:43 AM

46,174 posts, read 26,885,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
I did not know my local gun shop, when they sell a gun, the NRA gets a cut of that gun sale?

Well, I think I need a link to that, or you are just spewing leftist BS....and I think I smell a lot of crap right now....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies