Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2013, 07:38 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,479,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
I don't know of any mass murders that used assault weapons since the 1930's or so, would you care to provide links to the cases you are speaking of?
ok ok, massacres.

Either way, you know exactly what I was talking about but you pulled a typical lefty and dodged the real statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 07:46 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
If I saw something like that from my window, I'd discreetly get my rifle and put those individuals in my view. If they misbehaved in any fashion with their firearms, I'd be ready. If you choose to make yourself a target, you will be targeted. Simple as that.
"If I saw some crazy guy in a window with a rifle, I'd..."

See how that works?

So you're saying that it's NOT ok for people to walk down the street with a rifle slung on their backs, not breaking a single law or making any threatening moves, but you pointing a loaded gun at them from a sniper position IS ok?

I think you need to reconsider your position on this issue. Either that, or give up your gun(s). Someone who is so CLEARLY bent on killing people should NOT be armed!

ETA: You know, if I saw someone in a sniper position, pointing a rifle at someone who wasn't breaking the law, I would have no choice but to presume that you were posing an imminent threat of death or great bodily injury to the citizen you were aiming at. Think about that...

Old 01-11-2013, 07:50 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Because i dont know that they are 2 law abiding citizens just walking down the street overtly exercising their 2nd amendment rights and i aint going to bet my life on that assumption.
therefore =.911...two guys walking down the street with semi automatic rifles strapped to their backs..
Do you call 911 every time you see something scary? Do you call 911 when you see someone driving whilst yapping on a cell phone? Do you call 911 everytime you pee your panties?

You should have to pay for those bogus 911 calls.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:52 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Damn straight. I have the right to free speech, but if I exercise it with a megaphone at 3 AM, people get all up in my grill. What's up with that?
Poor analogy because that's a public nuisance and just because some people are afraid of guns is not being a public nuisance. If they were shooting them 3AM you'd have a good comparison.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:18 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
****ing idiots.

smart men, carrying firearms safely unlike that idiot feinstein, and they get their point across.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:52 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,636,388 times
Quote:
"If I saw some crazy guy in a window with a rifle, I'd..."
Sure, if you saw something like that, it would indeed be alarming. That's why it would be concealed. Out of sight, out of mind. If you don't want to be targeted by people like me, then don't make yourself a target by strutting around with a rifle on your back inside of a crowded city. If you choose to do so, expect to be watched, expect to be tracked, and expect to not receive the benefit of the doubt when it comes to anything that might be interpreted as an attempt to get your weapon ready to fire.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:02 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Isn't it interesting that the people who called 911 about two men carrying firearms summoned ... wait for it it ... men and women who were carrying firearms.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:17 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
ok ok, massacres.

Either way, you know exactly what I was talking about but you pulled a typical lefty and dodged the real statement.
Actually, no massacres committed with assault weapons either. Assault rifles are difficult for the average American to obtain, since they were included in the first attack on our 2nd Amendment back in the 1930's. The firearm that was allegedly used at Sandy Hook was a semi-automatic rifle, nothing more and nothing less. The gentlemen in Portland were carrying semi-automatic rifles, nothing more, nothing less. The term "assault weapon" is a made up term that was intended to make people fear a certain type of firearm that is actually no more deadly (and in most cases less deadly) than the average deer rifle.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:23 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,695,348 times
America has a image problem. For example, this is what you should see in front of every school in America. When you see this the image should convey calm as you know the person can shoot better with less chance of stray rounds and that the community is ready to deal with modern day assassins. However, with many this image draws concern and fear. Which is the wrong response. No doubt due to the media.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:25 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,479,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Actually, no massacres committed with assault weapons either. Assault rifles are difficult for the average American to obtain, since they were included in the first attack on our 2nd Amendment back in the 1930's. The firearm that was allegedly used at Sandy Hook was a semi-automatic rifle, nothing more and nothing less. The gentlemen in Portland were carrying semi-automatic rifles, nothing more, nothing less. The term "assault weapon" is a made up term that was intended to make people fear a certain type of firearm that is actually no more deadly (and in most cases less deadly) than the average deer rifle.
OK, again, technicality. Depends on what definition you are using.

For most of the gun talks/politics, assault weapons are semi auto rifles with certain features such as folding stock or pistol grip.
For most of the gun talks/politics, assault rifles are military full or burst mode selective fire.
For most of the gun talks/politics, rifles are just rifles unless certain features exist which make them one of the above.

So, get back to the subject again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies