Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 09:24 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Bingo.
Until the present administration manages to abolish the 9th and 10th Amendments I will have to question your agreement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
It's 8 states + 21 for a total of 29
And that 29 it more than half of Obama's 57 states. I wonder how many leaners can work hard math like that.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
And you do realize the much abused Commerce Clause cannot be used to regulate manufacturing and sales that take place within a single state, right?
I would say that chielgirl doesn't know that mainly because she is a strong advocate of anything Obama wants to do in any way.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:41 PM

374 posts, read 236,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Until the present administration manages to abolish the 9th and 10th Amendments I will have to question your agreement.
It's going be a win win either way. All the manufacterers will pull out of Com Block States and move to the ones that refuse to even acknowledge Obama as President. Who are you? Know what I mean....

Not only do we keep the guns...we create NEW jobs that he can't accomplish if his life depended on it, thus fixing the economy all in one trick.

Don't mess with Jesus...he will strike you in the ass with a lightning bolt!

Old 01-12-2013, 09:46 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
seeing as states can't block Federal laws, this is just more stupidity on the part of politicians.
First, these eight States enacted their respective Firearm Freedom Act more than two years ago.

Second, if you had read the law you would know that it exempts all firearms, firearm accessories, and ammunition from any federal regulation since they are made wholly within their given State and do not effect interstate or international commerce.

Wyoming's Firearm Freedom Act goes one step further, allowing for the arrest and incarceration of any federal law enforcement officer attempting to impose federal law on these protected firearms, firearm accessories, and ammunition.

If people in these eight States want to manufacture fully automatic weapons they can, and there is not a damn thing the federal government can do about it.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
First, these eight States enacted their respective Firearm Freedom Act more than two years ago.

Second, if you had read the law you would know that it exempts all firearms, firearm accessories, and ammunition from any federal regulation since they are made wholly within their given State and do not effect interstate or international commerce.

Wyoming's Firearm Freedom Act goes one step further, allowing for the arrest and incarceration of any federal law enforcement officer attempting to impose federal law on these protected firearms, firearm accessories, and ammunition.

If people in these eight States want to manufacture fully automatic weapons they can, and there is not a damn thing the federal government can do about it.
Don't tell them that. I can hear them cry now....already.

Sometimes you just gotta have faith my friend.

These nutter libs don't have any.....they don't believe.

You are being punished for it......starting NOW!

I won't be bashing gays any longer (er not as much).

You're a SINNER!

Old 01-12-2013, 10:01 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingTactics45 View Post
Don't tell them that. I can hear them cry now....already.

Alaska has all the raw materials necessary, from tin and copper to make brass, to molybdenum for making stainless steel, the world's largest lead and zinc mine for making bullets, and lots of potassium nitrate, sulfur, and charcoal for gunpowder.

The best part is that it cannot be federally regulated.

Old 01-12-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Alaska has all the raw materials necessary, from tin and copper to make brass, to molybdenum for making stainless steel, the world's largest lead and zinc mine for making bullets, and lots of potassium nitrate, sulfur, and charcoal for gunpowder.

The best part is that it cannot be federally regulated.
We've got steel mills in check already. Finally we will start using our own again. We make racing tires for NASCAR and IHRA....I think we can find some old wheel weights for bullets somewhere....

Old 01-12-2013, 10:24 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Never gonna happen, but you keep wishing.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:14 PM

1,262 posts, read 1,301,695 times
Default Your logic may be sound but the Supreme Court says no.

Quote:

If what you are saying were true than the Feds could not pass marijuana laws federally either. Unfortunately they do, and not only that, they use the Commerce Clause for justification. The Supreme Court has ruled on this specifically, and has said you are wrong, as is any state that tries this. You can Google the case specifics.

Basically the Court twisted the Commerce Clause into a pretzel. The Court said that even if marijuana was grown, sold or given away in a single state, they would still have jurisdiction. They further said that was because the growing, sale and any type of distribution, would affect the marijuana market overall, which was national. Even growing it for your own use was covered by this decision, because you would still be affecting the national market for this weed. I know it SOUNDS crazy. That's why I encourge you to do the research. You won't believe it even after you read it, but unfortunately, it's true.

This same "logic" would be used again regarding gun control. You can be certain of that.

Constitutionally the feds have no right to regulate marijuana. You'll remember it took a Constitutional Amendment to federally regulate alcohol.

The feds may have a "right" to regulate the "militia", but I would bet they would use the Commerce Clause again, because that has worked so well as the basis of the 40 year long drug war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies