Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2013, 09:32 AM

1,469 posts, read 1,798,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Then perhaps you should show him your 'love' by posting on his guestbook to tell him about the long list of sins he is committing that will have him burning in the fires of hell unless he:

Cuts his long hair (but leaves the sideburns long)
Gets his tatoos lasered off.
Closes his restaurant on the Sabbath.
Stops serving seafood that doesn't have scales and fins (lobster, shrimp, crab)
Stops wearing clothes of mixed fabric.
Stops serving people who are divorced and remarried.
Stops judging other people
Stops bearing false witness

>> just for starters.

Then maybe you could encourage him to actually read the Bible and find out where it says anything at all about lesbians, especially married lesbians. Nowhere. (No... not Pauls 1st letter to the Romans. Early church fathers referred to it when they spoke of women who had anal sex with men, not women who had sex with each other. Besides the letter is about people turning away from Pauls God and returning to their idolatrous worshipping of pagan gods - if you actually read the whole letter)

Then perhaps you could remind him of what Jesus said to the Pharisees who were hypocrites who judged others by the letter of the law but broke the law themselves. (Matt 23)

Then maybe you could remind him of what Jesus said were the two greatest commandments that summed up ALL of gods laws? Love God, and love one another as yourself.

I don't need to; have you seen the already long lists of comments on yelp about the very things you said? They already tore his ass a new hole, and I got a good chuckle out of it. I've had people tell me what they thought of me, and people handing me personal notes from god so I am all too familiar with what people say they do out of love.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:35 AM

1,469 posts, read 1,798,112 times
Quote:
Why would he want such bad publicity? You should see his guestbook and the restaurant review websites. Most people are trashing him and his restaurants ratings have bottomed out.

Ironically he might get a few more religious bigots going there to eat shellfish on the Sabbath to support the owners condemnation of what they think is a 'sin'. I wonder if they will notice his long hair and tattoos (which are condemned in the Bible as well), or if any of them have divorced and remarried (adultery).

I wonder where the Chik fil A customers are at; maybe they can help him out with standing on his firm beliefs. I'm sure there will be a pilgrimiage of christians showing support for his establishment

Old 01-13-2013, 09:51 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,088,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
nothing rude about it? done out of love? what a crock of crap! it is rude for a stranger to stick their judgmental nose in a stranger's life and arrogantly tell them that they are living their lives wrong. how can that not be anything but rude. as I asked above, how would you take an atheist telling you how you worship is wrong?

thinking behavior like what this man did as nothing but loving is being blind to reality. this has nothing to do with hoping the gay couple changes their orientation and find god. this is about thinking other people he didn't perceive/judge living a life he didn't approve of. arrogance plain and simple. he should look to his own house.
This.

Were he truly coming at them from a position of Christian love for their well being he could easily get to know them as human beings. He could welcome them. Serve them. Invite them back. Talk with them about their beliefs. And his. Jesus didn't write notes. He moved among the people and talked with them.

But that's hard work. Too many " Christians" don't bother to walk the walk as Christ taught. Condemning and lecturing takes up too much of their time.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:19 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,089,650 times
Quote:
He was rude to paying customers who had done nothing to deserve his insults.

Odd way to do business.

He's also a huge hypocrite who misuses the Bible (which he clearly hasn't even read) against others, but doesn't follow it himself.

Nothing new about that time honored practice I suppose.
I agree. let he who is without sin cast the first stone. it's malignant narcissism when you see others, Especially paying customers that are making you money as so far beneath you. it's a bunch of bulls**t. i know there is freedom of speech and all, But this is rubbish. Who does this?

Old 01-13-2013, 10:19 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,481,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So this thread is about proposed restrictions on free speech...what?
It is a part of the LBGT attack on Christian faith. Anyone who talks about his faith will be attacked mercilessly and will be insulted and declared mentally unstable, rude, hateful, bigot etc. I see it on these forums all the time. They think they have gained enough support to fnally show their true colors and openly attack those who follow Christ.

This is what people warned about years ago when the LBGT community first started their campaign. Obviously they were correct.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:27 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,481,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Maybe this is the part of the Bible they were "told" condemns homosexuality.

"For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error."

- Romans 1:26-27

Romans 1

And the chapter ends by saying the problem is not only with those who practice homosexuality (or other sins), but also with those who approve it

Last verse:

"Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them."

And that is how they drag down their non-gay supporters.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:31 AM

15,106 posts, read 15,795,941 times
I can only imagine the society we'd be living in with ideals such as this driving it. Time to build an improvised flotation device and head out to sea - direction? any direction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
And the chapter ends by saying the problem is not only with those who practice homosexuality (or other sins), but also with those who approve it

Last verse:

"Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them."

And that is how they drag down their non-gay supporters.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:32 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,769,906 times
Quote:
It is a part of the LBGT attack on Christian faith. Anyone who talks about his faith will be attacked mercilessly and will be insulted and declared mentally unstable, rude, hateful, bigot etc. I see it on these forums all the time. They think they have gained enough support to fnally show their true colors and openly attack those who follow Christ.

This is what people warned about years ago when the LBGT community first started their campaign. Obviously they were correct.
For every action there is a reaction.

If Christians mind their own business, stop pushing their beliefs on other people and stop "helping" people that don't fit their beliefs, they wouldn't get the backlash they get from the people on the receiving end of their preaching.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:34 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,088,332 times
Quote:
It is a part of the LBGT attack on Christian faith. Anyone who talks about his faith will be attacked mercilessly and will be insulted and declared mentally unstable, rude, hateful, bigot etc. I see it on these forums all the time.
Do you? Are you being called names?

I'm a straight Christian and have proclaimed it here many times. I've had exactly ONE nasty post about it and that was from one of the more well-known, straight atheists. I turned the other cheek. Big deal.

I also have LGBT friends. I lived in an area that had a huge gay population. It was famous as a gay community. I've never had a single LGBT person attack my faith. (Though some of them are Christians so that may have something to do with it. ) You get what you give in this world. If you are promoting intolerance..... expect to get it back. In spades.

If you promote love - and the message of Christ was love - expect it to be returned to you. In spades.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:37 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,126,554 times
Man has known its a curse for some time that even the devils flee from

A lady Doctor of the church, Catherine from Sienna Italy

Our Lord speaking to St. Catherine of Siena

They not only fail from resisting the weakness (of fallen human nature .... but they do even worse when they commit the cursed sin against nature. Like the blind and stupid, having dimmed the light of their understanding, they do not recognize the disease and misery in which they find themselves. For this not only causes Me nausea, but is disgusting even to the devils themselves whom these depraved creatures have chosen as their lords. For Me this sin against nature is so abominable

It is disgusting to the devils not because evil displeases them or because they find pleasure in good, but rather because their nature is angelic and flees upon seeing such a repulsive sin being committed. For while certainly it is the devil that first strikes the sinner with the poisoned arrow of concupiscence, nonetheless when a man actually carries out such a sinful act, the devil goes away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.