Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 12:46 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Yes, I would, because it's my obligation as a private citizen signing a contract. Unlike you, I don't find the appeal of living under a bridge because I lost my house.

This doesn't make sense at all. We still had bubbles when we did have the gold standard.
Have someone explain to you economics and the cause of bubbles. Government caused the railroad collapse through free money. The House of Cook.

Quote:
Gold standards will never work anyway. There is not enough gold in the world for every person in this country, it would seriously diminish the purchasing power of people with the super rich holding the majority of gold reserves, leaving the little people with scraps to fight over. It's not going to work, it's not the 18th century anymore.
Debasing currency. Learn about that and then post.
Prove gold standards don't work.

Quote:
According to him, it's not his job. Funny, this is the same exact argument he has made when confronted for his hypocrisy.
Show prrof of either one of these.

Quote:
He's against government spending, except for his little pet projects. Gotcha All for me and none for thee seems to be his motto.
He is against a big intrusive Federal government. If you actually followed Ron Paul you'd know this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 01:27 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,017,267 times
Quote:
Me, brainwashed? Nope, I don't put stock into one man or any ideology except the American ideology
Me neither. I'm a Teddy Bear kinda of gal and lovin his cousin's idea (FDR)

I really liked this program: The Civilian Conservation Corps: they actually worked for their money

Old 01-13-2013, 07:40 AM

657 posts, read 695,342 times
Quote:
Yes, I would, because it's my obligation as a private citizen signing a contract. Unlike you, I don't find the appeal of living under a bridge because I lost my house.

This doesn't make sense at all. We still had bubbles when we did have the gold standard. Gold standards will never work anyway. There is not enough gold in the world for every person in this country, it would seriously diminish the purchasing power of people with the super rich holding the majority of gold reserves, leaving the little people with scraps to fight over. It's not going to work, it's not the 18th century anymore.

According to him, it's not his job. Funny, this is the same exact argument he has made when confronted for his hypocrisy. He's against government spending, except for his little pet projects. Gotcha All for me and none for thee seems to be his motto.
Your choice. You are also making a hypothetical assumption and i answered with a hypothetical question. Banks don't care about the dollars you pay them. They care about what those dollars represent in purchasing terms. But again, who says wages will go down to 5 cents and prove it. The benefits (stopping the devaluation of my wages without concent) outweigh any negatives.

The last paragraph is dubious and full of it. If your job is to represent a district in texas and the government is dividing how tax revenues will be spent, there is no hypocracy with fighting for your own district. Your sole job is to get a bigger chunk of the pie for them. And don't try wordsmithing me, because this is not the same as the spending we are refering to.

The spending i' referring to are the bills which ask for more spending and to increase the deficit. Again, earmarks are already taxed funds while new spending as to the deficit. I see where the hypocracy is..

Old 01-15-2013, 12:18 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,042 times
Quote:
Except the parts that he doesn't like. Like the general welfare clause, interstate commerce clause, 13th Amendment, 14th Amendment, 15th Amendment, 16th Amendment, 17th Amendment, etc. He won't come out and say it, but he is implicit in his dislikes for the preceding amendments based on his "states' rights" argument he and his followers make. Sorry, they're all constitutional. I know Libertarians would love to adopt the CSA constitution or the Articles of Confederation, but not gonna happen
You lose all credibility when you claim Dr. Paul supports slavery.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:00 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,806,906 times
Whatever Ron Paul's faults, his fans are often much worse.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:15 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,896,698 times
Quote:
Exactly. You can't trust "the market" to regulate itself, and destroying the Federal Reserve would damage this country beyond belief
No it wouldn't.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:18 PM

45,230 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Whatever Ron Paul's faults, his fans are often much worse.
lol
Non aggressive freedom loving people who want to live in peace and prosperity...how horrible.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:02 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
lol
Non aggressive freedom loving people who want to live in peace and prosperity...how horrible.
ron paul annoys some people because he really doesn't fit the "party" category-

he believes that jobs actually do matter.

he believes in wall street prosecution, and no bailouts. (that annoys both sides)

he dislikes the federal reserve and the debasement of our currency.

he is more socially liberal than some conservatives.

he is more fiscally conservative than most liberals.

he believes in the constitution.

he doesn't kiss up to foreign countries.

he believes that the government is there to serve the public, not the other way around.

he isn't a suck up to illegal immigrants and lawbreaking.

let the whiners keep complaining about him, and we can watch the numbers continue to roll incourtesy of denninger)

We have a serious problem here; New Orders collapsed to -4.3 from 4.9. Shipments went flat and the rest of the internals look like crap as well.

Probably most important to the economy, both employees (-5.2 from -0.2) and workweek (-8.3 from 0.4) went strongly negative.

This is a crap report.

Last edited by floridasandy; 01-18-2013 at 01:11 PM..

Old 01-18-2013, 02:38 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,755,825 times
Now that unbrainwashed has completely trolled the thread and destroyed it...

Old 01-18-2013, 02:48 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,778 times
This cartoon character has insulted blacks and gays (see Ron Paul newsletters) and is a fan of legitimate rape (see his interview with Piers Morgan on CNN).

Even Mitt Romney wasn't as deceptive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies