Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2013, 02:09 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times

Advertisements

FancyFeast,

For someone who is capable to work to prefer living off other peoples hard work and earnings is indefensible so give it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 02:13 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,069,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Cloward and Piven studied Alinski to destroy capitalism with “crisis strategy” overwhelm the system with the “weight of the poor” get everyone on welfare and government assistance and entitlement to collapse. Used strategy to expand voting roles and welfare roles wherever they can, overload the system, increase the tax burden on the middle class, bring capitalism one step closer to destruction. The left keeps pushing these programs when all they have done is tear apart the black families in America and create generational cycles of poverty.

Ah yes...our wonderful Dear Marxist Leader on his way of destroying America!!!! I just luv all this Hope and Change....

[URL="http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/01/12/riot-breaks-out-at-housing-assistance-event-in-taylor/"]Riot Breaks Out At Housing Assistance Event In Metro Detroit « CBS Detroit[/URL]
And the rot goes on
And the rot goes on

Sung to "And the Beat Goes on" by Sonny and Cher.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:14 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
We also have more people in this country now than we did in the past, and far, far fewer jobs. We are still coming out of a huge economic downturn.

Show me some proof of "new disabilities" being added and what they are. If this is true, there certainly should be numbers out there. I don't think it's is true at all. I personally know someone who is a judge who determines whether or not people qualify for disability in Florida. Believe me, they do not get disability easily here!

As for life on welfare being great, again, I don't know what world you live in, but the world I have seen, people living on welfare are not living in a paradise.

Has it ever occurred to you that those "working taxpaying couples" are not having children because they DON'T WANT THEM? Yes, the world is changing. Not everyone wants a house full of children.
Yes and YOUR president wants to give them all a big amnesty and encourage many more to come here.

Interesting though that those millions coming here illegally ever year aren't rioting or having any trouble finding jobs and remittances to Mexico were way up in both 2011 and again in 2012.

Old disabilities were paraplegia -- today there are many many more -- someone with two legs and two arms that work and an IQ over 70 can get on disability. Bad headaches, depresseion -- those didn't get you a free ride in the past.

If life on welfare were so bad, you woudn't see the fast rise of people wanting to be on it or to bring children into that life.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I am very proud of my 26 year old son.

He is dyslexic and school frustrates him, so he did not attend college. He went into the Army instead. Now, six years and 20 months of combat later, he is getting out of the military with a nice little case of PTSD (which is under control, but he doesn't want to go back into combat).

He met with the placement counselor who assured him that he will qualify for unemployment and a wide array of other government/VA programs and handouts. And yes, he is going to take them up on that educational benefit (going to get his CDL so he can try to find work in the booming oilfield) and unemployment WHILE HE TRANSITIONS.

When they told him how long he would qualify for unemployment, he was shocked and mortified. He told them, "No WAY am I going to be unemployed for anywhere near that amount of time, I don't care if I have to wash dishes or be a trash collector!" He was dead serious. He will work ANYWHERE doing ANYTHING to avoid living on government handouts - and knowing him, I believe him.

Also, this young man has saved nearly $15,000 for just this sort of scenario. Not only that, when he bought a car, he saved up and paid cash for an older model truck. It has dents in it. It's not gorgeous. But it's got low mileage and it gets him from Point A to Point B. So he's basically debt free, has several months' of money saved up, and a plan.

Which is more than I can say for most people. All this at age 26. I don't expect him to have too much trouble finding a job. I'll keep you posted.

Wow, you should be very PROUD! Now this is the kind of person who needs and DESERVES help. He DOES need time to transition and if I knew my tax money was going to him and people like him I would gladly write the check knowing it was helping them. I don't have any family in the armed forces but I think we should take from those able bodied people and make them go to work and like I said divvy the money to these kids, guys and girls. We also need to give to those families who have husbands and wives who were not so lucky to come home. Our people need to know we want to help if they don't make it not live in fear of what would happen to their own kids. But no, we have the lazy people who are taking instead.

I'm not so sure I would be able to handle some of the things he has seen.

And there is not a thing wrong with him collecting unemployment for awhile either.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:18 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,559,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
No one DESERVES welfare! Get that straight. Welfare is given through the good graces of the American people to take care of those who are unable. But gracious Americans are being abused and the lazy are getting a free ride too.

If we could get the lazy off the dole then the good gracious Americans would not mind a bit even if some of that money was divvied up and given to the people who are truly in need.

As for mommy's popping out babies. A lot of those kids are taught to stay on the dole. Many are educated in the attitude of "we are owed". Maybe the kids should be taken off the mother because she surely is not teaching good morals and ethics. We are taking care of them anyway so why not take them to live with people can teach them good morals, good work ethics and give them a chance. That would really be taking care of them.
How are you such an expert? Are you surrounded by the impoverished?

Old 01-13-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

Interesting though that those millions coming here illegally ever year aren't rioting or having any trouble finding jobs and remittances to Mexico were way up in both 2011 and again in 2012.

Did you notice that too? They want to work so they deserve the work. Good for them for not being a bunch of spoiled crybabies like many Americans.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:19 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,404,620 times
Quote:
You are all cowards who hide behind the truly needy. When you try to defend people who are capable but too lazy your run and hide behind the elderly, the wounded, the unhealthy.

And we warned you that the kids will have to come back home to live and you all defended Obama and said you wanted that so you got your wish.
What in the world does that mean, "cowards who hide behind the truly needy"?

You find me some numbers which show how many people who are not "truly needy" are using food stamps and other public assistance programs, and I'll be right there to support their being removed from the programs. You see, all you have here is "your belief" about people who are not needy scamming the system. When you can show me some facts, then I'll sit up and listen very carefully.

Kids cannot come "back home" to live when there is no home and the parents cannot even support themselves. I wish that everyone who was "needy" actually did have a parental home to which they could return. You guys seem to live in all-white enclaves and have no clue what the rest of the world is like; and clearly you do not do any volunteer work for the needy or you would know better than what you post.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
How are you such an expert? Are you surrounded by the impoverished?
I am an expert. I was impoverished and I climbed out of it.

It's called work! (and stay away from the drugs, ignore the naysayers, when you fall get back up and keep trying).

Old 01-13-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
What in the world does that mean, "cowards who hide behind the truly needy"?

You find me some numbers which show how many people who are not "truly needy" are using food stamps and other public assistance programs, and I'll be right there to support their being removed from the programs. You see, all you have here is "your belief" about people who are not needy scamming the system. When you can show me some facts, then I'll sit up and listen very carefully.

Kids cannot come "back home" to live when there is no home and the parents cannot even support themselves. I wish that everyone who was "needy" actually did have a parental home to which they could return. You guys seem to live in all-white enclaves and have no clue what the rest of the world is like; and clearly you do not do any volunteer work for the needy or you would know better than what you post.
Everytime you the left and you try to defend people on welfare who should not be you always bring up the elderly and the sick. How many times do we have to say "THE PEOPLE WHO ARE ABLE BUT ARE TOO LAZY". Now go run behind an 80 year old.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:27 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,844,304 times
Quote:
Wow, you should be very PROUD! Now this is the kind of person who needs and DESERVES help. He DOES need time to transition and if I knew my tax money was going to him and people like him I would gladly write the check knowing it was helping them. I don't have any family in the armed forces but I think we should take from those able bodied people and make them go to work and like I said divvy the money to these kids, guys and girls.

I'm not so sure I would be able to handle some of the things he has seen.

And there is not a thing wrong with him collecting unemployment for awhile either.
Thank you. Yes, I am very proud of him, and he is definitely a case of someone with challenges, who absolutely refuses to rely on the government for long term subsistence.

He was in the unit with the highest casualty rate in the second Gulf War. He fought during the surge, and was stationed in the infamous Triangle of Death in Iraq. His unit replaced a unit that had basically desinigrated under the stress and one of the soldiers had raped a local girl and killed her family. It was a terrible thing and the local population absolutely HATED US soldiers (can't say that I blame them, nor could my son). So anyway, he had a terrible time of it, and though he was not seriously injured, he was slightly injured in THREE IED blasts, lost numerous friends, held his company commander in his arms as he died, and saw things he can never get out of his head. Consequently, though he has managed to control and handle his emotions while he is awake, he suffers from night terrors and sleep paralysis. He hates taking prescription drugs but has realized that in order to get any sleep and to avoid sleepwalking, he just has to do it.

But he doesn't have to go back into that scenario again - and believe me, I don't want him to either.

But I'd say he's earned his government paid for CDL and a couple of months of unemployment benefits. But even HE doesn't think it's right, even in his case, to just take the money for over a year, and hang around pretending to look for work.

We live in Texas. There's plenty of work around here - for anyone who's willing to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies