Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 03:20 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So how is gonna be your leader for this civil war? Why are you waiting so long to rise up? Seems like a bad idea to just keep sitting on your hands if we are heading down this path, why not start now?
Why are you so passive-aggressive? lol..

That's not very tolerant of you..is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 03:28 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post

I don't know, is it? Didn't know I was being passive-aggressive, I was just wondering when the "civil war" was gonna start.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
I don't know, is it? Didn't know I was being passive-aggressive, I was just wondering when the "civil war" was gonna start.
That's something you need to check in with homeland security about.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:31 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
That's something you need to check in with homeland security about.
Because they are watching guys like you?

Old 01-16-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Because they are watching guys like you?
Well let's see...

I have my CCW...

that's all they need now to look at you...so yes.

To top it off that I am self-sufficient and have been on survival retreats they are probably REALLY looking at me.

All I need to do is buy some gold and I'm probably an official terrorist LOL

Old 01-16-2013, 03:43 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,598,982 times
Quote:
No the war was fought over fear that a divided nation would make us an easy Target abroad.
Actually, the reason Lincoln chose to use force against the Southern states was he feared losing their tax money. He said as much to Horace Greely when Greely asked him why not just let the Lower South go in peace. The Southern states were paying around 75% of the tax monies into federal coffers and getting very little back out of it.

I have said before that secession may well have been a rash and unwise decision. Many Southern men, including Robert E. Lee, thought so. But whether it was or wasn't is up to the speculations of history. Personally, I think the Southern states had the best constitutional arguments on their (our) side. I mean, for one thing, it defies common-sense to believe the soveriegn states, in the creation of "these united states" would have entered into a union that they could never get out of...especially when they had just "seceded" from England. Another is that it would have repudiated the whole foundation of the DOI. That is, "government derives its just powers from the consent of the governed."

Quote:
But since YOU aren't talking secession, then I guess we aren't really talking about anything.
Yes, you are right. I am not talking secession at this time. However, I note for the record, I am very sympathetic to the motivations and rationale of at least some of those who are.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:49 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,272,320 times
I don't think the Civil war was a constitutional matter. It was an economic one. The English, in their persistent wish to watch their ex-colony collapse on itself, offered cheaper imports costs from the South which upset the convivial relationship between the two regions (North - Manufacturing South - Raw material acquisition). The fact that the North HAD to impose tariffs to keep business with its OWN COUNTRY is ridiculous to begin with. The South was seceding economically long before the war was even an idea.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:37 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
Quote:
So how is gonna be your leader for this civil war?

The Director of Moonshine, no doubt.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:39 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
Quote:

Tolerence is an unreasonable request on a wing nut started civil war rant thread.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:47 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,851,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Civil war’s a-brewin’

Lets see how many posts we can get before someone with no intention of actually discussing the thread disrupts it with oh my look at the source....
I doubt that the guys in the van in the little story he told would have cared whether it was a "military grade" handgun (what type? Sig P229? Beretta M9? Colt M1911?), or a "civilian grade" handgun that was pointed at them...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies