Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 08:15 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,490,492 times

Advertisements

An article, and assertions in the OP ... reflecting ignorance. I'll place my confidence iin the area of military affairs with the President and people who actually served than I will in trollish articles only fools read (and those of us who follow links to the extremist websites).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 08:37 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Conservatives should choose:

1) Less guns
2) Less military

Really, we need either a larger army to DEFEND the country (truly defend, not fight wars of convenience for the rich, "protecting and securing" resources).... or we need to keep the citizenry armed to the teeth so they could easily dismantle any invading army.

Not sure we need both.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:47 AM

6,258 posts, read 5,066,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Conservatives should choose:

1) Less guns
2) Less military

Really, we need either a larger army to DEFEND the country (truly defend, not fight wars of convenience for the rich, "protecting and securing" resources).... or we need to keep the citizenry armed to the teeth so they could easily dismantle any invading army.

Not sure we need both.
You don't have to be sure we need both. The number of guns in citizen hands is a private matter. The size of military we have is a public matter.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:50 AM

651 posts, read 704,975 times
We already spend way way too much money on a bloated military that was fighting against an over bloated threat from the USSR. Now that that does not exist we are still spending like drunken sailors on hookers and tattoos. We need to gut the military and spend like we have a brain and not like a red neck at a gun show after Obama got elected.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:23 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Or maybe he just understands the fact we spend far more on our military than a number of other countries combined with NO corresponding increase in security/safety and realizes that's due for a correction, eh?
I was thinking about what you say here the other day and couldn't help wondering when someone would come along with those words. How many of those you want to include in your number of countries have depended on us to protect them for years and years? I would much rather spend all that money on our military than to go back to the kind of foreign aid we had in the Cold War days. We will need that military force once Obama and the UN get that Small Arms Treaty passed. They could stand up to the UN and make Obozo back off.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
LOL..."I Won"? That's your new clever nickname for Obama? If that's the best you can do, maybe it's time to find a new hobby.

Fact is that the vast majority of Americans favor downscaling the military. You can't claim to want to decrease the deficit or be a "fiscal conservative" and favor maintaining the military at its current levels.
I used I Won instead of Obama back in his first term when he continually reminded us about that. He has been worse about it since the past election but, yes, he did say it more than a few times in the first term.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
We already spend way way too much money on a bloated military that was fighting against an over bloated threat from the USSR. Now that that does not exist we are still spending like drunken sailors on hookers and tattoos. We need to gut the military and spend like we have a brain and not like a red neck at a gun show after Obama got elected.
Maybe it is like a brained person we need to be spending instead of like a fool who wants to kill our military like Obama does.

I guess you don't remember what it took to get our military going again after Clinton did his job on them. Were you around then?

Old 01-14-2013, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
An article, and assertions in the OP ... reflecting ignorance. I'll place my confidence iin the area of military affairs with the President and people who actually served than I will in trollish articles only fools read (and those of us who follow links to the extremist websites).
You just called me a fool, but I won't report you for it.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
You don't have to be sure we need both. The number of guns in citizen hands is a private matter. The size of military we have is a public matter.
Somehow they don't seem to think that citizens pay for guns with their own money and that government also pays for them with our money. It is tough for some of them to ever see through the liberal cloud that floats over their heads.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:40 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Stop invading foreign countries then we wouldn't need such a large military.

900+ military bases world-wide, 280+/- in Germany.

Why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies