Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2013, 02:58 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,164,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Honestly...Im not "JT800"!!!!!
Honestly.WE DON'T BELIEVE YOU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 02:59 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,604,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirilorn View Post
Interesting article. A quote from it: "There will be times when the position you advocate, no matter how well framed and supported, will not be accepted by the public simply because you are who you are." Happens to me all the time....
(usually in my own home...)

Old 01-14-2013, 03:00 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,189,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekingcreativity View Post
He doesn't get it. I wonder if he's mad that his "tax dollars" are not going to feed the rich lazies, or he's mad that the people who getting on these programs are on his level or maybe below. Maybe wealthy people are the only ones who should suck off the government's teat.
Food stamps use up a fraction of tax revenue, if this is breaking you, than you are basically broke.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:00 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,598,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I guess it depends if poor people shop where you do.

When I lived in an upper middle class suburban area I didn't see it; I hardly saw the Lone Star card being used.

Now I'm in a rural area with many more poor and boy do I see it now all over town.
I saw one lady in front of me pay for her food using 2 Lone Star cards and the cashier never even questioned it. And you need a pin number to use those cards so stolen cards don't mean much.
She couldn't possibly have been shopping for someone who is home-bound, could she?

Nope, must have been scamming.

As for the OP and others who are absolutely, positively sure that these people are utilizing SNAP, how is it that you are standing so close during checkout that you can actually see how people are paying?
Ever heard of privacy or personal space?
Someone swipes a payment card, it looks like any other payment card to me.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:01 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,118,534 times
Quote:
Can I ask..If I were JT800..For what reason would I go under another name....Again I'm not JT800!!!

Old 01-14-2013, 03:02 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,794,686 times
Default What's up with all these butt jokes??

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
I think you are confused about the definition of "love."

People don't love things that they mock.

I think you are looking at the definition of schadenfreude.

Nobody loves your threads. Liberals and independents come here to laugh at and mock your failed abortions at political discourse. Hell, even the Right leaning members hold their noses when they enter this "thread."

Buttfumble.
Ok we need one more to make it legit that there is something buttnasty going on up in here

LOL too late

Old 01-14-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Can I ask..If I were JT800..For what reason would I go under another name....Again I'm not JT800!!!
Shame.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Food stamps use up a fraction of tax revenue, if this is breaking you, than you are basically broke.

So they are blantly taxing us out of ass, just to pay for foodstamp recipents? Or are they taxing us and they are distrubting the money to the programs they deem need the monetary funds?? If foodstamps and other government assistant programs were terminated, would our taxes go down and I wouldn't owe so much to Uncle Sam??

Old 01-14-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekingcreativity View Post
So they are blantly taxing us out of ass, just to pay for foodstamp recipents? Or are they taxing us and they are distrubting the money to the programs they deem need the monetary funds?? If foodstamps and other government assistant programs were terminated, would our taxes go down and I wouldn't owe so much to Uncle Sam??
No, we would still get taxed, except the money would go to another program.

When the cut money to one program, have the taxes gone down? No, they just allocated it somewhere else.

Your taxes are never going down, at least not significantly, no matter if a R or D is in charge

Old 01-14-2013, 03:07 PM

Default Clarify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post

Is JT800 or was he, the guy that said he picked the right candidate that would win the presidential election and that he picked Mitt Romney because he, and quote, "...felt it in his bones..." in quote??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies