Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2013, 07:34 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Yes, most preppers are scared, paranoid gun nut right wingers, who hate President Obama and see his election as the harbinger of a total collapse, and have these fantasies of killing a lot of people, that is why they are stock piling guns.

Gun nuts are also people who stock pile weapons based on their fantasies of killing police officers, ATF agents, FBI, national guard and maybe US soldiers when they inevitably have to fight the government.
Spoken like a true lefty idiot.

And people wonder why the left are such losers with no idea about reality. Liberal idiots live in their own little paranoid world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 08:57 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
A gun nut is not how many guns you own its what is in the persons mind. A person could not own any guns and be a gun nut. For me its when you put your self interest behind a guns interest. I see it in many peoples minds. They would rather see thier kid shot than a gun ban and thats a gun nut.
"They would rather see thier kid shot than a gun ban and thats a gun nut." Just as I thought, there ARE NO
GUN NUTS.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 04-12-2013 at 09:17 AM..

Old 04-12-2013, 09:09 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
This is why conservatives have such a tough time handling reality. It is more complex than they seem capable of grasping. They want to draw bright lines on what are seamless continua, and reduce everything to a binary yes/no, up/down, black/white, right/wrong distinction.

As such, most of what is actually true completely escapes them.
"This is why conservatives have such a tough time handling reality?

Now THAT is a hoot!

It is the anti-gunners who can't face the reality that with all the laws now in place don't work so we should pass MORE laws that don't work.

They want to ban anything that "looks" like a military rifle but really isn't should be banned and another rifle made by the same company that shoots the same bullet is OK.

They believe ALL criminals will now suddenly obey ALL the new laws.

The call ordinary semi-automatics "assault rifles" when they are not.

they spend most of there time whining about rifles and rifles aer used LESS then hammers and other cubs to kill.

They think banning a magazine that caries 10 rounds or more should be banned.

Of all the few multiple murders current gun laws were broken and they think passing more laws will stop the multiple murders.

The list goes on and on.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:13 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"They would rather see thier kid shot than a gun ban and thats a gun nut." Just asIi thought there ARE NO
GUN NUTS.

my children would shoot back at attackers attempting to shoot at them, and from longer range too.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:36 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,933,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
such as another liberal, who would have in fact been on the side of the british as a torie.
That's dumb even for Faux News. You do know the Tories were regressive conservatives, right?

Old 04-12-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
That's dumb even for Faux News. You do know the Tories were regressive conservatives, right?

you do know that liberals used to stand for freedom and liberty, unlike the liberals of today.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
of course I do, but no law ever passed by any politician will ever keep any firearm from anyone that seeks to get them. if a person is willing to break the law to get what they want through legal or illegal means, then no law ever passed will ever stop them.

wish you liberals would understand that before you pass more feelgood laws.
You sound like the typical "can't do" conservative with zero solutions and, in the face of any problem, you along with others, voice every rationale you can think of to do nothing.
Here's a reason we need some action on "control" of guns.

Man With Weapons & Liberal 'Hit List' Arrested - YouTube

This guy is not unique in any way on the Right. A career criminal who was still able to obtain weapons for his right-wing "pro-America" agenda. Simpletons like this get "fired up" by the likes of Limbaugh and Fox News. Though it was illegal for him to possess guns, there was no "control" in place to deter him from obtaining them.
Notice he was targeting "law-abiding" citizens whom he just didn't like. People like you who support this guy's "freedom" are part of the problem.

We need to work on ways to make guns traceable. Yeah, there may be no "perfect" solution but by using new technologies we should formulate deterrents to firearms misuse wherever possible.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
you do know that liberals used to stand for freedom and liberty, unlike the liberals of today.
You do realize that you, along with certain others, have succumbed to dumbed-down Fox lies and propaganda, people who are laughing at you behind your back for:
A) mindlessly promoting their fascist ideology
B) doing no research of your own or attempting to think beyond what they tell you (about "liberals" or anything else)
C) making them rich.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
You do realize that you, along with certain others, have succumbed to dumbed-down Fox lies and propaganda, people who are laughing at you behind your back for:
A) mindlessly promoting their fascist ideology
B) doing no research of your own or attempting to think beyond what they tell you (about "liberals" or anything else)
C) making them rich.

you sure as heck dont realize that I have not watched fox news in more than 8 years. unlike liberals that still listen to the biased new mantra coming out of msnbc.
fascist ideology? I dont think many if any libertarians ever go that route, and i sure as hell dont either.
liberals used to be for liberty and freedom, and had nothing at all to do with the democrat party. read up on it, i know you wont because you still believe the garbage coming out of msnbc and obamas mouth.
i dont care about making anyone rich except for myself.

Last edited by monkeywrenching; 04-12-2013 at 01:07 PM..

Old 04-12-2013, 12:59 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,376,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Who and what is a gun nut???
Me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies