U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 11:43 AM

10,543 posts, read 12,008,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I don't know why Coulter thinks of herself as relevant. She's nothing but a heinous troll. I'm surprised anyone even listens to what she would have to say.
I think the first part of your post is answered by the last part.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:43 AM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,875,914 times
This week on the local news it was reported there were two murders in a neighboring town. The murders were thought to be gang related. The NAACP came to the town and they had a march aimed at stopping the violence. Then the reporter said everybody wanted the violence stopped but no one was talking to help the police find the murderers and get then convicted.

If the violence is stopped someone will have to be brave enough to risk their lives to stop it. Our military risks their lives to protect us here at home. If we are to become a better nation, others will have to become brave to clean up the violence here. It is a choice and it will not happen as long as the police are viewed as the enemy.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:49 AM

26,715 posts, read 11,205,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by things and stuff View Post
Hey white people: can Asians stay?

We prosper in the governments your ancestors created. Probably more so than you do (on average.)
As long as an Asian country doesn't attack us. If so, then it's off to "camps" you go. You know the routine.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:53 AM

6,334 posts, read 4,426,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
The truth is racist. Ban it.
Ann Coulter does more to damage the GOP than Moveon, why would they want to ban her "truth"

Old 01-15-2013, 11:58 AM

23,290 posts, read 11,528,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelStraker View Post
Ann is comparing the demographics of Belgium to Conneticut. This has nothing to do with deporting anyone.

Thread fail.
True, Ann Culter has said much worse things, in context, that could have a thread or 40 made about them.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:00 PM

35,209 posts, read 19,272,053 times
Default Republican Ann Coulter says the Us would be better off with only whites

Annie needs some headlines.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:01 PM

2,176 posts, read 970,746 times
Is she wrong? lol

Old 01-15-2013, 12:04 PM

671 posts, read 855,494 times
Who imported slaves again?

Old 01-15-2013, 12:04 PM

51,862 posts, read 41,765,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
As a black man, this stings.
What did I ever do to white people for them to hate me so much?
I live my life, I try do well for myself, I go home, and I try to enjoy the little time I have with my family.

This is why black people don't get along with people. No matter what, it's just hate hate hate from your end.
Whatever...if she wants me gone, she can come to my home and forcibly remove me. Until then, talk is cheap.
I'm sorry, I promise to do my best to ignore the fact that minorities are vastly more affected by violence while sitting in my nice house in the burbs. I apologize for any offense I might have caused for noting this disturbing truth and asking why nothing is done about it in numerous threads.

Heck, I've even mentioned that historically racist policies in Chicago have long let the bad areas sorta "self police" aka it's ok if gangsters kill gangsters. I now see the error of my ways.

Hey coulter is a 1st rate POS and completely dishonest in their portrayal of most topics. Even here she is kind of trolling but there is the core kernal of truth to the point.

Heck, we have had people calling others racists in threads for turning a blind eye to the rash of violence against minorities.

Seems like there is no winning with the racists and the race baiters making an honest discussion nigh impossible.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:05 PM

31,385 posts, read 32,081,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Nobody wants to admit it.
A disproportionate percent of blacks have abortions (40% of US abortions)
A disproportionate percent of blacks are on welfare and government support
A disproportionate percent of blacks commit crimes
A disproportionate percent of blacks are victims of crime
A disproportionate percent of blacks are convicted of homicide
A disproportionate percent of blacks are arrested or detained by police
A disproportionate percent of blacks are in prison
A disproportionate percent of blacks are poor

You can debate the reasons and what to do about it but it's true.
Well this liberal African American has absolutely no problem "admitting" the statistical truthiness(sic) of these numbers. They are indeed fact. And Coulter is absolutely correct that if you isolate out non-white murder rates the murder rate would indeed be comparable to the murder rate of most developed nations.

The problem, however, is the mendacious context in which conservatives raise the issue that shuts off any inter-racial discussion of the issue, because it isn't like this isn't a topic of grave concern within the African American community. Here Coulter uses these numbers as just another stealth attack on "diversity". It isn't a gun problem its just one of demographics with all the implied meanings that go along with that line of reasoning.

But the truth is, there is also a gun problem within the black community. There are just too many guns but it should go without saying that those guns do not just appear out of nowhere. There aren't any gun manufactures in the south side of Chicago, there aren't any gun importers in South Central LA, those guns come from somewhere else - just like the drugs that fuel these acts of gun violence. So guns, even in this context remain relevant to the conversation. Now that is something that the La Pierres, Coulters, and Hannity's refuse to admit.

Last edited by ovcatto; 01-15-2013 at 01:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies