Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 01:41 PM

77,899 posts, read 60,048,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
But this is the thing. Someone like Ann Coulter only says these things out of resentment towards Blacks. It is also the arrogance many people do not like. Whenever I hear people bring up statistics, I never really hear any kind of concern, but rather, arrogance.

I also have to consider this. While alot of this is true, it isn't a matter of not wanting to admit it. It is a matter of feeling attacked.
I see where you are coming from.

Just noting that the conversation has gotten so touchy that it's being pushed under the rug. As such, nobody will address the problem. Sure, they will complain about guns or drugs...."safe" things....anything to do with people though is off-limits. Don't comment on baby daddys, unwed moms, irresponsible behavior, drug and alcohol abuse and so forth....that's uncomfortable and can get you in trouble.

I mean, here we are in the middle of this big gun debate and it's over this tiny % of the problem.

If people get pissed about the coverage of missing minority kids this should make them practically incensed when you can kill thousands and thousands of black people a year with guns and shrug it off with the occasional peace march and some speeches.

Nobody wants to touch it with a 10-foot pole because it's sensitive.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:44 PM

662 posts, read 1,044,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Blacks have contributed alot to America. Quite a few inventions by Blacks. Music in America has been influenced by Blacks, especially jazz.

I am going to be honest. I get very angry when someone says "America would be better of without Blacks". I get upset because it seems like that person is saying "You have no place in America". I think in terms of "you think America is better off without me"? My ancestors didn't get a say in whether or not they wanted to come. However, I am in America now, in 2013, so if I am here today, as a USA citizen, then it should be my choice to decide what would make America better off, as a USA citizen. If I am a USA citizen, then no should say that this nation would be better off without me.
Agreed.

The problem is the mentality for many blacks, not blacks themselves. Riddle me this, I'm pretty sure if Ann Coulter adopted a black kid...that black kid wouldn't commit any crimes (other than being her adopted child). But take that same kid and put in in an all black neighborhood, then there's a higher risk for problems (assuming the parents don't care). It's more of a cultural thing, plagued by the histories of discrimination, gentrification, and desegregation (ironically in this case) that causes minority problems.

Otherwise, Obama and Ben Carson should never exist.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:45 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,069,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I don't know why Coulter thinks of herself as relevant. She's nothing but a heinous troll. I'm surprised anyone even listens to what she would have to say.
She makes as much sense as a tickle me Elmo when she speaks. The woman is so dumb, She got hit by a parked car.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:47 PM

4,243 posts, read 7,147,259 times
Quote:
Why does everything that happens in this country have to come down to an argument about race?
...did you ever take US history in high school?

Old 01-15-2013, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I see where you are coming from.

Just noting that the conversation has gotten so touchy that it's being pushed under the rug. As such, nobody will address the problem. Sure, they will complain about guns or drugs...."safe" things....anything to do with people though is off-limits. Don't comment on baby daddys, unwed moms, irresponsible behavior, drug and alcohol abuse and so forth....that's uncomfortable and can get you in trouble.

I mean, here we are in the middle of this big gun debate and it's over this tiny % of the problem.

If people get pissed about the coverage of missing minority kids this should make them practically incensed when you can kill thousands and thousands of black people a year with guns and shrug it off with the occasional peace march and some speeches.

Nobody wants to touch it with a 10-foot pole because it's sensitive.
The problem is that even when we all admit it, nobody wants to do anything about it is the problem . Blacks are an American problem and have been since the start of this country. Blacks are pretty much the only consistent thing in this country...aside from whites. First immigrants.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:50 PM

4,243 posts, read 7,147,259 times
Quote:
I agree. They're not really concerned. They're just throwing in our faces as if to say, "we're better than you".
No...those stats mean there's a problem, or maybe if you want to be value-netural, a noticeable statistical difference between blacks and others. Now we can all get angry and defensive about it but the numbers are what they are.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:52 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,846,403 times
The crap Ann Coulter says is obnoxious enough without having to outright lie about what she says.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post
No...those stats mean there's a problem, or maybe if you want to be value-netural, a noticeable statistical difference between blacks and others. Now we can all get angry and defensive about it but the numbers are what they are.
But there's an issue when people use it to make a case for racism. That's the problem.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:55 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,107,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
Coulter On Gun Violence: ‘If You Compare White Populations, We Have The Same Murder Rate As Belgium’ | Mediaite

how bout that outreach GOP.

she mentions how the white crime rate in belgium is similar to the US, which is factually incorrect, and says how we have a demographic problem, not a gun problem.

most of these gopers would have all non whites deported if they could.
I can't believe that dirty vial women is still allowed on TV.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:03 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,291,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
Coulter On Gun Violence: ‘If You Compare White Populations, We Have The Same Murder Rate As Belgium’ | Mediaite

how bout that outreach GOP.

she mentions how the white crime rate in belgium is similar to the US, which is factually incorrect, and says how we have a demographic problem, not a gun problem.

most of these gopers would have all non whites deported if they could.
I am not an Anne Coulter lover but she didn't say that and you know it. You love to spin and take things out of context don't you? I will add just one more thing, even if she said that, which she didn't, what one person says hardly represents the party, it makes no difference if she is a Republican or a Democrat. Would you, as a liberal Democrat like to see all Rupublican deported, just because you do not agree with them? BTW, most Republicans would not like to see anyone or any group deported except for some of the illegals, regardless of their race.

Oh, and where do you get the idea she is factually incorrect about the crime rate? Would you like to share your information with us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies