Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 12:13 PM

651 posts, read 705,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Semi autos are and will continue to be legal, so not sure why you pose such a silly scenario.
I know you can do this, read it agian slowly this time. Is there an adult with you that can tell you what its about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 12:16 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
It isn't remotely likely that the 2nd Amendment authors envisaged semi-automatic assault rifles. Even if they did imagine small arms evovlment beyond muzzle loaders, they envisaged them being used in military and para-military theatres. The entire assault rifle cuffufle is a Red Herring designed to draw the simple away from the fact that assault rifles are actually not a big player in the ongoing gun carnage in the U.S. It doesn't matter what the 2nd Amendment protects or doesn't protect. How is the 2nd Amendment working for us in 2012?? Those who think its working just fine haven't lost a loved one, or a limb, due to someone's indiscretion with a firearm. That would be most white people. There isn't nearly as much downside to the continued liberal policies on firearms to most of white America as there is for the rest of us. Things are changing though. Gun violence is on the increase, everywhere, including white, Middle Class, America. People are scared. That is why there are a dozen threads on gun issues raging simultaneously on City-Data. When a coveted special interest by a small minority is threatened, the response must be over the top and sustained to have any effectiveness. America is the only legitimate market for the output of American gun makers. GM can sell cars in China. Colt cannot sell guns in China. Isn't it ironic that gun lovers are more likely to be "small or no Government" types. The three most dangerous, yet also the most useless things humanity has ever invented: alcohol, tobacco, and firearms* are vigorously regulated and protected by the ATF, without which, there might already be civic efforts to destroy them, they are responsible for so much pain, suffering and death.

*don't get me started. When the statistics showing the actual effectiveness of firearms at stopping crime are tabulated it is a jaw dropping revelation. The people who believe in guns the most are those who have never fired a shot in anger.
Total crockery...... In fact there were several types of repeating arms...... Less than 60 years past between the first building of a nation, to working models of repeating arms.

There isn't much point in any discussion since you grabbers can't get it nukes, war planes, battleships, tanks and etc are not arms.

You grabbers should just spend you lives studying what in your pants. Sick SOB's that you all are.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:19 PM

651 posts, read 705,283 times
As some used to say they are sh itting in their pants every time they see a gun.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:22 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,210,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
I know you can do this, read it agian slowly this time. Is there an adult with you that can tell you what its about?
I've been called anti gun, and I believe the 2nd protects semi autos.

Your strawman argument doesn't cut the mustard.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
You know... I'm almost 54 years old and my first seven were in Jamaica where America's Constitution was not a huge topic of interest. I have to say, other than a few mentions in Third and Fourth Grade social studies I went for 44 years without hearing the hallowed name of the Constitution again. Until four years ago.

Four years ago, a black man was elected President of The United States and since then The Constitution has been mentioned many times daily in the MSM, in private dinner and cocktail parties, in bars, restaurants, online forums... ... The Constitution stiffened the spine of House Republicans during the Debt Ceiling Fiasco v1.0, The Constitution mandated a balanced budget and Republicans carried that mandate into Fiscal Cliff negotiations. Constitution Scholars make six figure incomes as talking heads for major news outlets. But what about that Second Amendment, eh? I mean... from the time Obama was nominated, the prediction that he would be "going after the guns" was a rallying cry to the Patriots. It took hard work and due diligence, but all the effort has been worth it, yes? I mean... were it not for the courage and sacrifice of young Adam Lanza, you guys might have had to admit you were wrong in thinking Obama cared a whit about your stupid guns. As it stands, you can rejoice. Obama is indeed coming for your guns!! Lock and load! The fight is on! Grrrrrrr!!!!!

H
More BS..... Clinton brought this on with his notions of free money for all, in the meantime selling us to red commie china, creating the bloated EPA, and he little bubble burst finally on Oct 04.

Of course by then he was gone, and you lefties were left with diaper rash. Everyone knows when you stick a good cigar up your ass you will get diaper rash

No matter what happens to guns, which won't be very remarkable in the long run, the psycho Adam Lanza will probably increase time spent for crimes committed, and may hopefully be the end of parole.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
It is impossible that they envisioned the TV and Internet. The press should only refer to printing machine. Freedom of speech does not apply on TV or Internet.
That's right, a hand operated press and a feather quill pen..... Not one electric light bulb.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
1) Speech is not technology dependent.

2) We do limit both speech and the press.
Sure the Free press is limited to only 18th century tools.....

Say good buy to RF cell phones.... All digital media.....

Tv radio Movies games you name it everything but a feather quill pen, hand operated press and a soap box to stand on.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Did semi autos or 50 calibers exist when the 2nd amendment was added?
Semi auto didn't but .50 cal sure as hell did, but was considered sort of small.... 75 cal was the most common, next 69 cal , then 62, 58, 54, and down to about 32...... This is in the context of 'Arms' which not many here even understand... I would have to say the OP doesn't understand either, and s/he appears to be pro 2nd.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:45 PM

437 posts, read 792,652 times
The Federal government can not suspend the Second Amendment. It is an inalienable right between citizens and God.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunNut2You View Post
I agree, I'm watching Barry Big Ears on the tube right now to tell us law abiding why we don't need these guns...yet KNOW he sold over 2,000 to Mexican drug cartels.

The fact he is using children to strengthen his stance makes me puke.

What a douchebag.
I hope you caught this link before. If not please click on it now.
Ex-ATF official's gun ends up at Mexican cartel shootout that killed beauty queen | Fox News

I really like the condemnation the left is not calling to here, because it does not fit their agenda.

We have a pretty female shot dead. we have a gun only police can buy, and the gun was bought by Number 2 man at BATFE. To top it off the 4473 proves the sale was illegal......

This is almost Obama's gun! Where is Holder? Where is the first of a series of arrests?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies