Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 05:42 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
He's a f**king idiot and an embarrassment to the country. It took him 2 minutes fumbling along to get to his point which was island tipping??? The man being questioned couldn't even look at Johnson. My guess is that had he, he would have broke out laughing, which would have set off anyone else with a half a brain off into fits of laughter.

It really is a sad state of affairs and frightening that this could be the government norm in the future.
Get used to it, with the dumbing down of schools comes future generations of idiots!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 05:49 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Yegods, not another double digit IQer thats taken up residence in D.C. The guy sounds more than just stupid, he sounds like a real hate merchant. Yes, he is sad and pathetic but not as much as those who voted for him.
Perhaps the voters` only other choice was a TrEAson Party member. Personally,I would`ve stayed home.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:51 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Just come out and say it....you think it's because he's black.

Being black does not make him above reproach.
My take is this: as long as you praise Obama, you are not a racist and a democrat.
If you say anything negative about Obama, you are a racist and a republican.
Then you have "he's half white". He has on a few occasions referred to himself as being "mixed", not bi-racial, and IMO it was probably to a mixed audience or the majority were white. Saying "mixed" seems like a way of avoiding to having to admit that he is "half white". I've noticed when the audience is predominately black, he regards himself as black. He uses his race - black, bi-racial or as he would like to say "mixed" to his convenience.

He identifies himself as being "black", he will go down in history as being the first black president, so let's just take the white out of the equation.

I'm so tired of race being the stick to measure him as a president. If he was white and doing the very same things, people would address the issues, not the color of his skin.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:52 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Screeching about "entitlements" is evidence of racism being alive and kicking. Good job.
No, see, that is where your mind is at...I'm talking about the entitlements our Government takes advantage of, the tax payers dollars that they use up. gmagoo...if your mind wasn't in that place you would have understood....

Old 01-17-2013, 06:01 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunNut2You View Post
Pull the race card.

It's the liberal way.

Republican blacks don't need a 'race card'.

They have whites respect.
They sure do as kiss arses

Old 01-17-2013, 06:13 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
My take is this: as long as you praise Obama, you are not a racist and a democrat.
If you say anything negative about Obama, you are a racist and a republican.
Then you have "he's half white". He has on a few occasions referred to himself as being "mixed", not bi-racial, and IMO it was probably to a mixed audience or the majority were white. Saying "mixed" seems like a way of avoiding to having to admit that he is "half white". I've noticed when the audience is predominately black, he regards himself as black. He uses his race - black, bi-racial or as he would like to say "mixed" to his convenience.

He identifies himself as being "black", he will go down in history as being the first black president, so let's just take the white out of the equation.

I'm so tired of race being the stick to measure him as a president. If he was white and doing the very same things, people would address the issues, not the color of his skin.
I'm sick of it to, and all this politically correct bull....you go!!!!!

Old 01-17-2013, 07:45 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why hasn't the NRA come out as strong against actual gun grabbing presidents the way they're going after Obama...who has done NOTHING relative to gun control, and has presided over an unprecedented growth period for gun manufacturers?

Explain that.
The NRA didn't even endorse a candidate for president until Reagan vs. Carter....they've gotten a lot more political in recent years. They used to be a lot less involved and you can see that by looking at their budgets and political spending. (There are numerous articles on this in any number of publications like Huffpo, NYT etc etc etc.)

The way they work is to give each candidate a letter score and then if there is a tie, then they side with the incumbent.

This caused a lot of consternation from republicans when the NRA endorsed a LARGE number of democrats in recent elections.

See, they follow the same logic that many of our other posters follow around here when they defend Obama's continuation of Bush policies, tax cuts and so forth. "Romney would be worse".....logic I wouldn't neccessarily argue with.

Also keep in mind that the NRA takes rhetoric very seriously. They canned Daschle over his anti-gun comments as he was pandering for a dem presidential run.....not his voting record.

Obama has made a lot of similar comments while pandering his way up the democratic ranks. Of course most of it was the empty promises of a typical politician, but the NRA cares.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:51 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Is he related to ex-rep Cynthia McKinney who accused the national guard under bush of killing thousands and thousands of blacks, painting them blue and burying them in a swamp after Katrina?

Hey, we all know there is real racism out there but at what point do some of you actually have some shame in showing up to defend people making crazy race claims over and over and over?

Might want to read the boy that cried wolf because I'm sure sick and tired of hearing the crap.

Oh, the latest one I heard was that Barry Bonds didn't get voted into the HOF this year because he's black. Holy crap, enough is enough people.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:12 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoButCounty View Post
Sorry, but I have never seen so much hatred directed toward a president. It's not dislike, it's nothing but undisguised hatred. He's a muslim, he's not a citizen, he's the anti-christ, he's not one of us. All the nuts have been out in full force since 2008. The lack of respect shown by the right to a sitting President is shameful, and their tactics over the past 4 years have made it very clear that they have no interest in governing, only in winning elections and doing anything they can to obstruct whatever the President tries to do.

Republican blacks don't need a race card because the rest of the party already hates them anyway.

You tell yourself whatever you want to make you feel better but it's pretty obvious to anyone who has watched this saga over the past 4 years. There is no other word for it than racism.

The republican party and it's collection of kooks, wackos, and tea baggers is spiraling deeper & deeper into irrelevancy every day. I'm ashamed to say that I ever voted republican, sad to say.
Respect has to be earned. Those who show zero respect get the same in return. Passing trillion dollar healthcare legislation without congressional votes, stating elections have consequences followed by proclaiming I won, and telling members of congress to get in the back of the bus would not be examples of showing respect.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:17 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImproveDaily View Post
Because when he does it.........its well you know...........different
Wow. You're actually correct here. It is different.

Obama presses Congress on assault weapons, ammo, issues 23 executive orders on guns - San Jose Mercury News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies