Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2013, 03:08 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,156 times

Advertisements

This video represents the views of African-Americans. (At least that is what I'm led to believe by the people on this thread):

**Warning: Bad Language throughout the video**

Gang Wars...Crips v Bloods in Los Angeles - YouTube

Old 01-19-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Honestly, as a black conservative, I really don't invest any time or effort in trying to sway other blacks into my field of thinking. I let the results speak for themselves; a spreadsheet low income areas, high crime rates, failing schools, broken homes etc. There are some, if not most, who would call that "stereotyping" coming from a conservative, but IMO this is the reality and these are the facts when we start looking at the "community" itself, especially if we expect to move forward and advance at a pace proportionate with the rest of the population.

Either way, if the GOP expects to make inroads with minorities, they would be fair better in reaching out to Latinos and the growing numbers of Asians (Far East, Mid-East, Indian etc) as a means to diversfy their networks and people in leadership positions. Those demographics are unscathed by party politics for the most part.

And to be quite honest, I don't consider Herman Cain a "sell out" or "Uncle Tom" in the slightest bit--what he said during the primaries was absolutely correct, and I think most people would agree if they quoted the full context of what he stated in regards to the "plantation" comment. I also don't see Clearance Thomas in the same light either--I may not agree with his full range of philsophies on certain issues, but I certainly respect the fact that you can be "pro black" without having to walk the tight-rope for the status quo. If he thinks there is a better approach to address the problems in the black community than what is being offered by the left--then who is anyone else to tell him that he is being "anti-black" for coloring outside the lines?

And if you want to talk about "loud mouthes", look no further than the left--anyone from Maxine Waters to Al Sharpton to, Rob Parker, to Jesse Jackson to the Democratic House Reps that make these inane racial comments about "hangings" and "lynchings" and someone not being "a real brotha"...they are a true embarassment to the intelligence and awareness of black folks IMO...and they are rarely if ever called out on it.

But hey like I said, whenever my friends (most of whom are black) vehemently argue and unapologetically support Democratic candidates; I'll stand in silence and point right over to their neighborhoods in the Bronx, Brownsville Brooklyn, or North Philly...and wait for answers...and of course they have nothing to say.
I'd bet black conservatives are treated by their "brothers" and "sisters" much in the same way German protestants who defended Jewish people in the 1930s were treated by their fellow Germans.

Kudos to all African-Americans who are brave enough to publicly stand up for themselves and reject the siren call of victimhood addiction.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm self sufficient so apparently i got the message quite well. You obviously didn't, however.

And i'm not pooh pooh'ing the novel...i'm pooh pooh'ing YOU.

Coming from the most emotional person on C-D.

I'm not peaceful. And i said nothing about death.

That is not a truthful statement...unless you think getting hit by a truck wouldn't result in death. Liberals...they wish to kill that which they can't silence.

Patting yourself on the back for taking a break for once, huh?
No...just pointing out typical hypocrisy.

Old 01-19-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
"I'm not racist but those coloreds really should learn their place and let us decent white folks do the voting"
Notice that this is a fantasy that black victimhood addicts love to cling to...the 1930s style Southern racist.

Since the true racists are more or less gone the victimhood addicts must gin up these fantasy straw-men like the above quoted.

Sad.

While our Ivy League schools are filled with the once poor offspring of East Asian immigrant children many (but not all, of course) African-Americans continue to have whine with their cheese.

Old 01-19-2013, 04:53 PM

9 posts, read 7,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
If conservatives want more black votes, which I don't think they do, then maybe they should consider laying off the insults and the insinuations of stupidity.

Then there's the "brainwashing" claim, I'd forgotten about that one. To say that one's been brainwashed is an insult too since unless you're in captivity you really can't be brainwashed unless you're lacking something or deficient in something
I had to jump in on this one too. But I do think conservatives want more black voters, or better yet, a more diverse voter pool overall. Isn't that what both parties want?

And I still don't know what your saying about the "brainwashing" claim. You don't need to lack or be deficient in something to be "brainwashed".

Thank goodness the OP seems to have something to back up his claim instead of saying that "conservative (blacks) are racist toward other blacks" which would be a statement without an argument to back it up.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:24 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,428,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAgeIs21 View Post
I had to jump in on this one too. But I do think conservatives want more black voters, or better yet, a more diverse voter pool overall. Isn't that what both parties want?

And I still don't know what your saying about the "brainwashing" claim. You don't need to lack or be deficient in something to be "brainwashed".

Thank goodness the OP seems to have something to back up his claim instead of saying that "conservative (blacks) are racist toward other blacks" which would be a statement without an argument to back it up.

If you're not being held in captivity then you are lacking something if you can be brainwashed. Being convinced of an argument yeah, that's possible but brainwashed no. These people aren't being brainwashed.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:08 AM

149 posts, read 261,135 times
black democrats are the biggest uncle toms. the truth is blacks need to be called out. the sillyness affect the black community is just crazy. i mean we can do better than this. blacks are being passed by groups that come to america in 3 days. unitl blacks show different result im afraid white superamcist are right, i mean blacks should be fighting social engineering instead we are supporting something designed to destroy us. i will not vote democrat. i wont vote republican but i agree with them on most things. i dont get caught up i nthe racial politics the black liberals play. i look at the issue, i dont let dumb thing like voter rights, affirmative action, civil rightget to me, i only care about economics. blacks cant win politically, obama is a mirage, he doesnt equate with black power, if he did, black boys wouldnt be getting killed daily, etc. black power is black people being economic able to survivie which at this moment we are not so according to social darwinism when it goes bad we will be the biggest loser. we lose on all fornts, highest death rate, lowest bussiness rate, less home ownership rate, highest abortion rate, highest unemployment, highest out of wedlock, high jail rate, somehow we outvote other groups, what has this increase in political participation gotten blacks, let's see us being lumped with "minorities", hispanics leapfrogging us as the future. blacks are dumb, i hope black conservatives keep calling us out. i dont like all they say but at least they not like them liberals, why do blacks vote for black liberals i will never know. insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecing different results.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:50 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
why is this a black problem? white conservatives do the same thing to liberal whites.
Oh noooooooooo they dont!!!

Its expected for whites to have a variety of opinions!!

But for blacks???? No! WE dont have a choice!!

There's only only one group we are expected or assumed to belong to.....Democrats!

If we go any place else, we are attacked viciously by the hive!

Old 01-21-2013, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westau View Post
The talk of brainwashing comes from the ridiculously unbalanced proportion of African Americans that vote for Democrats. If 95% of any other ethnic group or gender voted for one party wouldn't people say the same thing? There wasn't a single other demographic in 2008 that was more than 70/30 in either direction in race, gender, age, sexual orientation, income, or union/non-union households.

Now that isn't to say it was a race thing with Obama being black in why it was 95-4 in favor of him because it is always at least 90% that vote for Democrats. Obviously some are thinking for themselves and can legitimately explain why they are voting the way the do but I would be willing to bet that most can't.

Here is the demographic link for anyone interested in it.

Demographics of How Groups Voted in the 2008 Presidential Election
They want us to look at this stat, and deny the obvious!!

We are indeed conditioned to be nothing other than Democrats! Even when white Democrats say racist things like Biden, Harry Reid, Clinton......we turn a deaf ear. If a GOP slips up, its DEFCON5 ......

Your teachers hint it, your preachers peach it, your parents, you uncles and Aunts, your friends are all Democrats and they always dog out the GOP, we they are together.

So what are you gonna be???

Old 01-21-2013, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Notice that this is a fantasy that black victimhood addicts love to cling to...the 1930s style Southern racist.

Since the true racists are more or less gone the victimhood addicts must gin up these fantasy straw-men like the above quoted.

Sad.

While our Ivy League schools are filled with the once poor offspring of East Asian immigrant children many (but not all, of course) African-Americans continue to have whine with their cheese.
Bingo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies