Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2013, 06:51 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,293,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Obama...

Voted to reauthorize the Patriot Act...

Obama broke with the Democratic Party line when he voted in favor of H.R. 6304, a bill that supports the extension of the scope of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) and provides retroactive immunity to telecommunication companies that provided their customers' information to the U.S. government [source: U.S. Senate].

And many Dems voted for both the war and the Patriot Act.

Yup, right wing whites...
Iraq War Vote in 2002: Honoring the 23 Senate and 133 ...

And btw, Obama voted to RENEW the Patriot Act, he was not part of the fear mongering that occurred during the bush adminstration where it started initially in response to the lies that were put out there from the 9/11 attack which led this country blindly into a unethically war.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:16 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,126,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Iraq War Vote in 2002: Honoring the 23 Senate and 133 ...

And btw, Obama voted to RENEW the Patriot Act, he was not part of the fear mongering that occurred during the bush adminstration where it started initially in response to the lies that were put out there from the 9/11 attack which led this country blindly into a unethically war.
BTW, read what I wrote. Renew is a synonym for reauthorize in this context.

And what's worse? Voting for something out of fear or revoting for something knowing it was just based on fear mongering.

And Democrats still voted for the war.

82 to be exact...

To claim only one side responds to fear based legislation is silly. CoughGunControlCough

Last edited by AnonymouseX; 02-28-2013 at 07:29 PM..

Old 02-28-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
BTW, read what I wrote. Renew is a synonym for reauthorize in this context.

And what's worse? Voting for something out of fear or revoting for something knowing it was just based on fear mongering.

And Democrats still voted for the war.

82 to be exact...

To claim only one side responds to fear based legislation is silly. CoughGunControlCough

We are straying from the original point regarding that blacks are on the democratic plantation, meanwhile (if it make you feel better) certain whites are on the fear and misinformation plantation which is pushed by the right wing. Better?

Old 02-28-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
We are straying from the original point regarding that blacks are on the democratic plantation, meanwhile (if it make you feel better) certain whites are on the fear and misinformation plantation which is pushed by the right wing. Better?
Actually yes. Both are true. I find the black community in my experience tends to be similar to these right wingers.

I mean the motivations, behaviors and motivations are different but both are insular, homogenous, extremely critical of opposing views and god forbid someone in the group steps out of line

Of course that isn't all of either group. Just my impression...

Old 02-28-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Actually yes. Both are true. I find the black community in my experience tends to be similar to these right wingers.

I mean the motivations, behaviors and motivations are different but both are insular, homogenous, extremely critical of opposing views and god forbid someone in the group steps out of line

Of course that isn't all of either group. Just my impression...
As far as the impression that those in the black community do not like conservatism is absolutely false. There are respected black conservatives, but the majority of the ones that the rank and file republicans support are those who in a sense turned their backs on the black community and are looking to please white republicans by attacking other blacks. You have those who want nothing to do with blacks as a whole and garner so much self-hatered it is scary.

Why is it that when Colin Powell said that there are some racist elements within the republican party, instead of looking into it they attacked him? Meanwhile they support idiots like herman cain, self haters like clarence thomas and complete fools like allen west.

Because of the strong church ties within the black community many blacks are very conservative. But don't get that confused with stupid, because whenever you have republicans that openly denergrate black people in order to solidfy their racist base, how can you expect them to vote for you?

Old 02-28-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
As far as the impression that those in the black community do not like conservatism is absolutely false. There are respected black conservatives, but the majority of the ones that the rank and file republicans support are those who in a sense turned their backs on the black community and are looking to please white republicans by attacking other blacks. You have those who want nothing to do with blacks as a whole and garner so much self-hatered it is scary.

Why is it that when Colin Powell said that there are some racist elements within the republican party, instead of looking into it they attacked him? Meanwhile they support idiots like herman cain, self haters like clarence thomas and complete fools like allen west.

Because of the strong church ties within the black community many blacks are very conservative. But don't get that confused with stupid, because whenever you have republicans that openly denergrate black people in order to solidfy their racist base, how can you expect them to vote for you?
I'm not republican or right wing so you know... I dance to own tune.

The black community attacks people the same way as right wingers.

I believe they attacked Bill Cosby that isn't some supposed self hater. They just attacked Ben Carson.

But let's address the phrase self hater.

That phrase is fine if the FIRST steps in attacking blacks that step off the plantation.

You operate under the incorrect assumption that blacks are a "people" that must stay together and think alike.
That they can't think or do what they want.

Your very attitude and use of that phrase, and I might add the vicious hatred that you and others showed when I, as a biracial person asserted my separateness from this supposed community, is the very basis of the claim of blacks being on the plantation.

The only thing I disagree with is that it isn't the Democratic party keeping blacks on the plantation.

It's blacks playing the role of the field boss now..

And even if it is true about the right-wingers, and it is, pointing it out is only an attempt to divert the conversation from the fact that the statement of blacks being on the plantation is still generally true.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
I'm not republican or right wing so you know... I dance to own tune.

The black community attacks people the same way as right wingers.

I believe they attacked Bill Cosby that isn't some supposed self hater. They just attacked Ben Carson.
Bill Cosby was not attacked for what he said but because of the audience that he said to, along with omitting why some of the thing are the way that they are. I don't know about any attacks on Ben Carson other then this is not the time to side with republicans in general.

But let's address the phrase self hater.

That phrase is fine if the FIRST steps in attacking blacks that step off the plantation.

You operate under the incorrect assumption that blacks are a "people" that must stay together and think alike.

So why is so easy to say that blacks are on the plantation if you really believe that?

That they can't think or do what they want.

I will not argue that point, but why do whites have such a facination regarding on how blacks vote? Why don't they question the latinos, asians or other whites for that matter? Why is black voting habits so important since there is a half black president on board. Whites are eager to learn why blacks vote a certain way but lets sit down and talk about ways of stopping racism and there is a bumrush to the door.

Your very attitude and use of that phrase, and I might add the vicious hatred that you and others showed when I, as a biracial person asserted my separateness from this supposed community, is the very basis of the claim of blacks being on the plantation.

Because due to your own ignorance all that you did is repeat an half-azz statement made and repeated by some ill-informed person. I don't have any hatered towards you or anyone else who thinks like you do. I do have a probelm with someone who does not know me or every other black in this country making broad statements that are not true and relating it to painful part of history just for political affects. You never hear that Jews will never get out of the democratic concentration camps, so why is that?

The only thing I disagree with is that it isn't the Democratic party keeping blacks on the plantation.

It's blacks playing the role of the field boss now..

And even if it is true about the right-wingers, and it is, pointing it out is only an attempt to divert the conversation from the fact that the statement of blacks being on the plantation is still generally true.

And like I said before, whites are stuck on the fear and misinformation plantation regarding black people

Old 02-28-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
And like I said before, whites are stuck on the fear and misinformation plantation regarding black people
Aren't you doing what you say you don't like them doing???

Wiping them with that broad stroke.

You can't complain about AND do it at the same time.

Well, you can but...

Frankly, you and the two others that usually chime in aren't really all that different than those on the other side.

Same thing, different skin color...

Old 02-28-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Aren't you doing what you say you don't like them doing???

Wiping them with that broad stroke.

You can't complain about AND do it at the same time.

Well, you can but...
If you can't change why should I, besides correct me where I'm wrong. Faux news largest audience come from who? Here let me help you figure that one out:
Only 1.38 percent of Fox News' primetime viewers are African ...

How about an age bracket:
Median Age of Fox News Viewers is 65 – Average Dittohead Is a …

So in a sense it is old white males that are set in their ways that can be manipulated into believing whatever crap faux puts out there rather it is true, partly true or more commonly a downright lie.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:45 PM

Quote:
If you can't change why should I, besides correct me where I'm wrong. Faux news largest audience come from who? Here let me help you figure that one out:
Only 1.38 percent of Fox News' primetime viewers are African ...

How about an age bracket:
Median Age of Fox News Viewers is 65 – Average Dittohead Is a …

So in a sense it is old white males that are set in their ways that can be manipulated into believing whatever crap faux puts out there rather it is true, partly true or more commonly a downright lie.
Old people aren't going to change.

Ever... Why worry about it.

If someone posts that all black people are X what skin is it off your back?

And what's this about if I can't change why should you?

That's a pretty juvenile position. Your entire position seems to be "They are doing it so I will too."

If you can't see the error in that stance then you have a bigger problem than the existence of old, right wing racists that watch Faux News...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.