Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2013, 07:35 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
I would love to know what the hell it is with high profile conservative blacks and insulting other black people. I don't mean just not agreeing with them or having different viewpoints, I mean insulting them, personally insulting them. We have both Allen West and Herman Cain speaking of the "Democratic plantation" as if the blacks who vote Democratic are only slaves and haven't put any thought into their vote. We have Allen West claiming to be a latter day Harriet Tubman helping black people off "the plantation". Of any black person wants to change their political affiliation they are quite capable of doing so on their own. Maybe a little googling because a lot of them, like me, haven't changed parties in decades but they wouldn't need Allen West. We have Herman Cain claiming that if he got the nomination he'd get 30% of the black vote as if one third of the blacks who voted for Obama in 2008 only voted for him because he was black and supposedly they would have voted for Cain in 2012 because he's "blacker" and that actually sounds a little bit logical, if you turn your head and squint, when compared with Petersen's claim that all black people who voted for Obama did so only because they think he's Jesus. If conservatives want more black votes, which I don't think they do, then maybe they should consider laying off the insults and the insinuations of stupidity.

Then there's the "brainwashing" claim, I'd forgotten about that one. To say that one's been brainwashed is an insult too since unless you're in captivity you really can't be brainwashed unless you're lacking something or deficient in something
What is it with black conservatives berating other blacks? Well not to put too fine a point on things, but it's you. Specifically, it's when you say "If conservatives want more black votes, which I don't think they do, then maybe they should consider laying off the insults and the insinuations of stupidity"

It's attitudes like that which lead to the things they say. You don't grant them a valid point of view. White liberals and conservatives tear into each other on a regular basis and that's acceptable, but your post implies that black conservatives aren't allowed to do the same to black liberals while at the same time you make no mention about it being unacceptable for black conservatives to be called Uncle Toms or race traitors by black liberals.

Democrats expand social programs and paint conservatives as racists for not supporting them. 9 out of 10 blacks then vote for those Democrats. Now if you can be objective for a minute, even if you you personally don't agree, you should be able to see how to someone of a conservative bent that appears as if blacks in general allow themselves to be pandered to in return for their votes.

In half a century those Democrat policies have not improved the poverty rate one single bit. Under the social policies the Democrats favor poverty has actually gone up. Drug abuse has gone up. Crime has gone up. Broken families have gone up. High school dropout rates have stayed high. And the black community just keeps on voting for Democrats. Year after year and decade after decade Democrats keep on saying it's all the "racist" Republicans' fault, and blacks in general just keep on believing it. Under Obama, the black community fared measurably worse than the rest of the society, yet 97% of that community turned around and voted for him again. And if a black person does go "hey, maybe these policies aren't working" then he's branded a race traitor.

So whether you agree with this or not, it's perfectly understandable why many black conservatives do what they do. I mean if the situation was reversed - if 97% of the black community voted for Romney - then you'd be here complaining that the black community wasn't thinking straight just like Allen West does when they vote for Democrats.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:36 AM

1,606 posts, read 3,409,088 times
Why are you people so easily offended over any little thing. Is it required to be a "pansy" to be an American citizen now a days?

Why do you have to be politically correct about everything? As soon as someone says something that is not politically correct, they are labeled as a racist. Get your pants out of a bunch, grow up, and grow some skin. Our forefathers would be rolling in their graves had they seen how vulnerable Americans have become.

Forget all of this politically correct BS! I call it like it is! No, that does not make me racist, just realistic.

Obama was voted both terms, solely, because he is black. It is as simple as that. The guy is such an idiot! There's no way he was voted in for his philosopies and ideas. He's ruinkng this country!

All of these "minorities" came out of the wood work and voted for the first time in their lives, because they saw that a black man was going to become president. Most of these people, (oh no! I said "these people"!!!), have no political views. They just knew Obama caters to them with bigger welfare checks and free cell phones... plus he's black. So BOOM! He became our president.

I hope I didn't offend anyone or make them cry, as if I care. Im just speaking the TRUTH.

Call me a racist if you'd like, but I know I'm not, and thats all that matters.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Old 01-18-2013, 07:36 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,781,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Black conservatives are mostly ok. They've got their Uncle Tom's over there like Allen West and Jessie Lee Peterson, and unfortunately, they're given the biggest bullhorns.

I pay the Tom's no mind. I listen to J.C. Watts, Tom Sowell, or Mike Steele...guys like that. The ones who have something useful to say.

The paid headscratchers, shoe shine boys, buckdancers, and other Stepin Fetchit's? I pay 'em no mind. If you're gonna talk down on your own people to please whites, then you can go to hell. Hope you get run over by a truck.

But there are many good, well meaning black conservatives.
I wouldn't call her Herman Cain nor Michael Steele a true conservative at all. The idiot nutjobs like Allen west was to me just a paid shill meant to crap on his own for amusement I don't think anyone can be that naturally stupid, same with Jesse lee Peterson who really needs to be dragged, beaten and left in the street lol

Tom sowell is good but he's too behind the scenes so many aren't really aware if his words, he needs to be more vocal but he's more of a scholar and not a leader. I like jc watts but with sowell we don't see enough of him but I recall him trying to start a black tv station focused on positive things which I'm not sure how his conservative base would handle that since they were mad "all my baby mommas" got cancelled due to a petition claiming it made women look bad.

Now they're against it claiming shawty low takes care if his kids so what's the problem? Lol too funny

Old 01-18-2013, 08:02 AM

344 posts, read 427,581 times
A black Conservative is the most feared by anyone on the left because they are not in lockstep with the lefts agenda. Every well known Black Conservative has been labeled an Uncle Tom (which is actually a compliment if you knew the history of Uncle Tom).

Most Black communities have been made victims by the left. They have convinced an entire race that Government is great, and all rich white Men are evil. I am not a fan of either party, but the Democrats are the real racist. They have owned us on voting day the last 40 years with promises that they have never followed up with. Our black communities have declined the last 40 years because of the so called "war on poverty."

Since the "war on poverty" was enacted in 1964, the black illegitimacy has tripled to around 70%...The overall American illegitimacy rate is in the mid 20% range. Illegitimacy is the main indicator in all statistics that show a groups decline in society.

Quote:
Pulled this from another site:

Planned Parenthood is the largest abortion provider in America. 78% of their clinics are in minority communities. Blacks make up 12% of the population, but 35% of the abortions in America. Are we being targeted? Isn't that genocide? We are the only minority in America that is on the decline in population. If the current trend continues, by 2038 the black vote will be insignificant. Did you know that the founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger, was a devout racist who created the Negro Project designed to sterilize unknowing black women and others she deemed as undesirables of society? The founder of Planned Parenthood said, "Colored people are like human weeds and are to be exterminated." Is her vision being fulfilled today?
Us Blacks worship on Sunday mornings with "real" conservative principles, but vote Democrat on Tuesdays. Its a social obligation for a blacks to vote Democrat. MLK who was a Republican, marched on principles on personal responsibility, limited Government, and equality. Democrats figured if you could make a entire group dependent on their "free stuff" you would own them for life. It is a well thought out plan...

Quote:
If the current trend continues, by 2038 the black vote will be insignificant.
^^Ever wonder why the left leaning white liberals are pandering more to Latinos these days????? Come on folks, these People know exactly what they are doing. They are about 30 years ahead from your thinking.....I guess we are too busy watching Atlanta Housewives and fighting over Air Jordans to see the light...

What is even funnier is the way blacks worship at the alter of the first black, I mean bi-racial President who raised by his white Grandmother.....

As bad as President as George Bush was, the black unemployment was lower under him than Obama.

Until Blacks look in the mirror and take back the community and hold Fathers accountable, then nothing will change.

Its sad that we have went from Black Leaders like MLK, to Al Sharpton leading blacks.

Not to mention how we treat blacks in our own race if they dont fit our "black" narrative. RGIII for an example was criticized for not being "black enough." Whatever the hell that means. The Man came from a 2-parent military home, he has values, he carries himself like a pro, and has done nothing but represented himself nothing short of a pro. I guess the White Girlfriend really irritated us enough to label him a "cornball" brotha. I guess we should spend more time promoting the single ghetto acting Mom that struggled until Her Son made it to the league only to blow all his fortunes on buffoonish items like $300k cars and houses with indoor basketball courts that is not easy to resell, since that more fits the black narrative....

Last edited by proverbs23and7; 01-18-2013 at 08:29 AM..

Old 01-18-2013, 08:09 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,156 times
Notice that this race thread was started by a liberal?

Old 01-18-2013, 08:26 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Well you're an avowed liberal and Malcolm was about Black self-sufficiency so on that basis you didn't learn the message.

The Harriet Beecher novel set in motion events that set your people free so I wouldn't pooh pooh it too much besides what's wrong with carrying yourself with grace and dignity in brutal conditions? Maybe you should read it again.
I'm self sufficient so apparently i got the message quite well. You obviously didn't, however.

And i'm not pooh pooh'ing the novel...i'm pooh pooh'ing YOU.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Based on objective analysis of facts not the typical analysis we get from Blacks which tend to be very short on facts and heavy on emotion.
Coming from the most emotional person on C-D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Peaceful liberals: wishing death on those who disagree with liberalism.
I'm not peaceful. And i said nothing about death.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Notice that this race thread was started by a liberal?
Patting yourself on the back for taking a break for once, huh?

Old 01-18-2013, 12:28 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,428,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
What is it with black conservatives berating other blacks? Well not to put too fine a point on things, but it's you. Specifically, it's when you say "If conservatives want more black votes, which I don't think they do, then maybe they should consider laying off the insults and the insinuations of stupidity"

It's attitudes like that which lead to the things they say. You don't grant them a valid point of view. White liberals and conservatives tear into each other on a regular basis and that's acceptable, but your post implies that black conservatives aren't allowed to do the same to black liberals while at the same time you make no mention about it being unacceptable for black conservatives to be called Uncle Toms or race traitors by black liberals.

Democrats expand social programs and paint conservatives as racists for not supporting them. 9 out of 10 blacks then vote for those Democrats. Now if you can be objective for a minute, even if you you personally don't agree, you should be able to see how to someone of a conservative bent that appears as if blacks in general allow themselves to be pandered to in return for their votes.

In half a century those Democrat policies have not improved the poverty rate one single bit. Under the social policies the Democrats favor poverty has actually gone up. Drug abuse has gone up. Crime has gone up. Broken families have gone up. High school dropout rates have stayed high. And the black community just keeps on voting for Democrats. Year after year and decade after decade Democrats keep on saying it's all the "racist" Republicans' fault, and blacks in general just keep on believing it. Under Obama, the black community fared measurably worse than the rest of the society, yet 97% of that community turned around and voted for him again. And if a black person does go "hey, maybe these policies aren't working" then he's branded a race traitor.

So whether you agree with this or not, it's perfectly understandable why many black conservatives do what they do. I mean if the situation was reversed - if 97% of the black community voted for Romney - then you'd be here complaining that the black community wasn't thinking straight just like Allen West does when they vote for Democrats.
No I would not. If 97% of blacks voted Republican and the response of the left was that blacks only vote for Republicans because they've been brainwashed or they're stupid. Or that blacks really should vote for Democrats because of something Democrats did 50 or 100 years ago I wouldn't be asking why don't more blacks vote Democrat, I'd know why

Old 01-18-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabetx View Post
Why are you people so easily offended over any little thing. Is it required to be a "pansy" to be an American citizen now a days?

Why do you have to be politically correct about everything? As soon as someone says something that is not politically correct, they are labeled as a racist. Get your pants out of a bunch, grow up, and grow some skin. Our forefathers would be rolling in their graves had they seen how vulnerable Americans have become.

Forget all of this politically correct BS! I call it like it is! No, that does not make me racist, just realistic.

Obama was voted both terms, solely, because he is black. It is as simple as that. The guy is such an idiot! There's no way he was voted in for his philosopies and ideas. He's ruinkng this country!

All of these "minorities" came out of the wood work and voted for the first time in their lives, because they saw that a black man was going to become president. Most of these people, (oh no! I said "these people"!!!), have no political views. They just knew Obama caters to them with bigger welfare checks and free cell phones... plus he's black. So BOOM! He became our president.

I hope I didn't offend anyone or make them cry, as if I care. Im just speaking the TRUTH.

Call me a racist if you'd like, but I know I'm not, and thats all that matters.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
I got bad news for you. Most if not all of us see right through that old tired tactic you're using. I speak of course of the tactic of saying something racist but prefacing it with a spiel about how awful it is to call someone on their racism

Old 01-18-2013, 12:33 PM

"I'm not racist but those coloreds really should learn their place and let us decent white folks do the voting"

Old 01-18-2013, 12:47 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,518,844 times
I'm ashamed to admit that for a couple years I was a black republican in my mid 20s. Shameful. Being from the central valley, I got caught up in the anti illegal fervor of the time. But then I realized that these people wouldn't come here if people weren't giving them jobs and renting them homes. The biggest beneficiaries of their cheap labor were the same ones pushing the republican agenda. Sure, Dems/liberals have made them more cozy with government aid and biligual programs, but they wouldn't be here if the "job creators" didn't keep undermining the citizens of California. You can't blame poor people for going where the opportunities are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies