Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 12:05 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,073 times

Advertisements

the adult world is not only taking money and opportunity away from their children...the adult world is removing the 'needed example' of maturity and steadfastness from the youngsters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 12:14 PM

217 posts, read 360,795 times
Really, focus on legislating flat screen TV manufacturers to include better straps (completely constitutional). I had to pay an extra $35 for a good one. These things massacre kids daily.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:21 PM

217 posts, read 360,795 times
Government knows too, BUT GUNS!!

Old 01-19-2013, 12:23 PM

to suppose in enactment that the youngsters are in allegiance with a remedy for leverage in persuasion, to protect them from unusual horrific crimes would be to suppose and suggest, that the youngsters are fully aware of all properties of such an event, including a full explanation of the psychotic mind, the mentally ill, all gun implication and ownership detail, including specific detail assumed in tragedy...which all would be unconscionable to find necessary to make aware in a youngsters understanding....and therefore if so...wrong, and if not so a misrepresentation for persuasion.

Last edited by stargazzer; 01-19-2013 at 01:17 PM..

Old 01-19-2013, 12:43 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times

Old 01-19-2013, 12:44 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times
Ya think he asked the kiddies what they thought about drone strikes?

Old 01-19-2013, 01:46 PM

109 posts, read 239,180 times
All of these political sides are full of **** and use human shields. I live on the Southside of Chicago, and Ive watched over the past few years how each political side has practically climbed over the bodies of dead murder victims in order to boost their own political agendas....all the while pretending to care about us. They use our deaths as a ladder. Conservatives use deaths my city to make arguments about how gun control doesnt work, then you've got Democrats using deaths in my city to support oppressive gun control, then you've got Republicans using deaths in my city to slam Democrats, etc etc. Just a bunch of clowns in suits on ALL sides treating murders like a video game to push their own political agendas. Murders in Chicago and Sandy Hook have been hijacked by insincere political jerks.

Meanwhile, REAL LIFE people are dying everyday, these people rather sit around in some far removed virtual reality where death and murder equates to cheap attempts at gaining votes, pushing or changing laws, or as measures to attack opposition. That's why I stay in the middle, all of yall Democrats, Republicans, Liberals, and Conservatives are DEATH HIJACKERS.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:56 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Using children, who know not of what they speak, in complex adult issues is cynical to say the least. It's a cheap ploy to deflect legitimate criticism and demonize opponents. It's wrong when either party does it. If it's such a offenseless thing to do why don't the democrats use children at pro-choice rallies? Now, that I'd like to see.
Seriously. Convince some kid to write a letter backing your political goals and then hide behind them when criticized.

When a ten year old writes an essay with some type of factual, statistical argument towards gun control, I'll listen. But I have yet to see that happen.

It's pathetic and disgusting. Complete emotional ploy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
That's right, 20 dead kids and 6 dead adults, no biggie. Move along, now.

IIRC, "writing a letter to the president" was a popular activity when I was a kid of 10 or so. Why shouldn't these kids be allowed to express their opinion? Letting them have a voice does not mean "we" have to agree with them. BTW, I sure remember a lot of kids at the Tea Party rallies, some of them not even old enough to read, carrying signs that said garbage like "you're stealing my future" and such.
This is so ridiculous.

Nobody has a problem with people expressing their opinions. The simple fact is that your typical ten year old is not mature or educated enough to make informed decisions on complex political topics.

It's manipulation, pure and simple. The only difference between left and right is that the left has a tendency to bring these kids into the heart of a debate on a much higher level and use them as a shield from criticism in addition to giving them signs they don't understand and marching them around at a rally.

It's as much as an admission that facts do not matter.

Old 01-19-2013, 02:15 PM

edited (mistake

Last edited by stargazzer; 01-19-2013 at 02:23 PM..

Old 01-19-2013, 04:34 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
How does one shield children from hearing about what happened at Sandy Hook?

How hard is it for children to understand the "complex adult issue" of shooters killing children while they are in school?

Should the voice of children be ignored while they are being shot?
The complex issue at hand is whether yet more gun control laws will avert the next tragedy. Only children and liberals believe that, so I understand why Obama saw the value in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies