Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2013, 10:12 PM

734 posts, read 932,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Are you saying that there are not enough college-educated black men for the college-educated black women to marry? I would assume that black men and women go to college in the same proportion about 50/50.
Ellemint, I think the above has been discussed in great detail on far too many threads. Let's stick to the topic. You made the comment that white women are least likely than any other group to date interracially and you were 100% incorrect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Last I heard bw outnumber bm at college and half of bm drop out of high school. I have no idea how many bw drop out.
This thread is about the increasing numbers of white women dating non white men...

Old 01-17-2013, 10:15 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,482,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
An increased number of white women are marrying interracially at greater rates, especially European (French, Italian and English) women, who on average, tend to be very liberal.

Do you believe this trend will increase with the younger generation as well? Will greater numbers of white women decide to date/marry non white men in the coming years? What has caused the increase of interracial marriage amongst white women and non white men?
I've known a few white women who dated almost exclusively black men, and every one of them told me they did so for the exact same reason: they were "bigger" women. White men tend to EXTREMELY averse to overweight women. Not all white men, of course. But it is a fairly common attitude. Black men are more accepting of heavier women, generally speaking. This made these women feel more secure in dating them.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
I've known a few white women who dated almost exclusively black men, and every one of them told me they did so for the exact same reason: they were "bigger" women. White men tend to EXTREMELY averse to overweight women. Not all white men, of course. But it is a fairly common attitude. Black men are more accepting of heavier women, generally speaking. This made these women feel more secure in dating them.
Are you suggesting that mostly big/heavier white women tend to date non white men?

Old 01-17-2013, 10:19 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
This thread is about the increasing numbers of white women dating non white men...
Sorry to deflate your belief, but there's nothing in the ABC article you linked to that says that. I'm not denying that you may have that impression, and it may well be true, but you haven't shown any data supporting your belief.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:20 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
I think that it may have more to do with feeling wanted or valued. All women want to be cherished and perhaps many white women who date.marry interracially probably receive the adoration of other men that they have not (or no longer) receive from white men.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Sorry to deflate your belief, but there's nothing in the ABC article you linked to that says that. I'm not denying that you may have that impression, and it may well be true, but you haven't shown any data supporting your belief.
The data is listed in this Pew Research Center study on interracial marriage.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/files...rrying-out.pdf

Old 01-17-2013, 10:23 PM

468 posts, read 553,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
That's what I said. Any marriage or relationship with a WF, regardless of what race the man is, is determined to fail and it's not necessarily the man's fault.
LOL...nice ad hom and bogus conclusion there. People love to point to that stat and apply their own agenda. For the white men, it's totally ridiculous to assume women are always at fault just because they're the ones who file...there are many factors that contribute to divorce. For nonwhite men, did you ever think that perhaps the types these women married turned out to be far worse than their white male counterparts in terms of culture, behaviour, values, religion etc..and hence compatibility compared to what these women are used to? Or are you implying that men in general tend to be noble partners and that white women are somehow unsuitable? Recall that some women are trapped in marriages, need to remain for convenience, & others have little choice in the matter of divorce. Lower divorce rate does not necessarily imply happy/successful marriage.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:24 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I think that it may have more to do with feeling wanted or valued. All women want to be cherished and perhaps many white women who date.marry interracially probably receive the adoration of other men that they have not (or no longer) receive from white men.
Most Americans are fat, so I don't think fat white women need to look to another race to gain approval. They can just look into the loving eyes of their fat husband.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Most Americans are fat, so I don't think fat white women need to look to another race to gain approval. They can just look into the loving eyes of their fat husband.
Did I say/imply anything about fat white women? My comment was regarding white women in general. All women want to be cherished and perhaps they find what they need with men of other races.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies