Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 07:01 PM

94 posts, read 50,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
I'm not even sure what you're even discussing now? You said I was a conservative white guy? What are you f**king talking about...
You'll never know bud....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 07:02 PM

734 posts, read 932,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
How are the romantic choices of women that are simply finding happiest with men of a different background "showing off"? And what are they "trying to prove"?
I'm hoping that he will explain, because I simply don't understand why it would be considered "showing off." If a white woman is happy with a non white man, so be it. This shouldn't be a problem.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
I think white women would think twice about dating black men if these statistics were made more public. It could save their lives.

Interracial Crime:
Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every
year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites
commit 15 percent.

Source: Dept. of Justice, FBI Uniform Crime Report
But I think white women are far more prone to date non black men. Perhaps someone can post the stats, but to my knowledge, white women are more likely to marry/date Asian and Hispanic (which can actually be of any race).

Old 01-17-2013, 07:05 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
I'm hoping that he will explain, because I simply don't understand why it would be considered "showing off." If a white woman is happy with a non white man, so be it. This shouldn't be a problem.
I agree.

When there is an opportunity for love and happiness with a non-white man, I think that more white women are seizing the opportunity for a good relationship versus settling for a lesser man solely based on skin color/ethnicity/etc.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:05 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,464,653 times
It's not an issue so much as IR marriage is no longer considered as much of an issue. I can't comment on Europe, but minorities are much more integrated into mainstream American culture than ever before. Here in New Jersey, having similar socioeconomic status, educational achievement, values, etc trumps race to a large degree when it comes to marriage.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
I would definitely agree with California and perhaps Washington state. Although, I am seeing AM/WW couples more frequently here in Arizona, as well.
When I was in Phoenix, I saw a lot of white women/Hispanic (primarily Mexican) couples.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:07 PM

Quote:
How are the romantic choices of women that are simply finding happiest with men of a different background "showing off"? And what are they "trying to prove"?
Not her case, not her sister's either. I had to look at her mug on a magazine cover yet again today while waiting inline at Wal-mart. She's an exhibitionist in grade A form.

Ok, we all get it...you're teaching whitie a lesson and fooling the masses.

I can't believe Americans are more worried about that family and their cell phones then what's going on in the Country right now. We're under attack for crying out loud.

Liberals ruin the world.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:09 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
When I was in Phoenix, I saw a lot of white women/Hispanic (primarily Mexican) couples.
Yes, exactly. The majority of the pairings are white women with Hispanic (of any race) and Black men. But you will also see quite a few white women with Native American and Asian men, as well. Lots of diversity.

Quote:
I agree.

When there is an opportunity for love and happiness with a non-white man, I think that more white women are seizing the opportunity for a good relationship versus settling for a lesser man solely based on skin color/ethnicity/etc.
See, here ya go. White men are settling for less.......

Busted and disgusted.

Quote:
I agree.

Exactly! I think white women, like all women should simply choose men based on what they offer, not based on skin color or any allegiance to race. That just seems so crazy, since the human race actually encompasses all people. Why should a white woman settle for a white man who is unemployed or underemployed, and/or abusive etc, if she can find a good provider/protector who happens to be of another race?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies