Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 12:20 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,284,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Nah, we will just do it while you aren't home, it is much easier that way.
Or while the Glenn Beck show is on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 11:46 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,403,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I guess you don't know that Governor Cuomo of New York used that dirty word, confiscation, in one of his anti-gun speeches after Sandy Hook. Of course, you don't know that Bloomberg has done so. Other politicians, all from the left, have used the word. Of course, Obama knows he can't get by with using it but it is what he wants.

I think Obama learned a lot of that stuff from his mentor in Hawaii who was a Communist. I know he knows that disarming worked very well for the Reds in Russia. Of course, you haven't read my little thing written by a Russian about their history talking about things few Americans know about.

Yes, Obama and his people want confiscation and they know the only way to get there is using baby steps which will eventually get them there. It won't happen tomorrow or next year but if we stand back and watch it will happen.
I find it absolutely amazing that you can read Obama's mind and you always know what he "wants" regardless of what he says and does. Can you do that with other people as well?

It would be illegal and impossible for all guns to be confiscated. You have said you were a history teacher, so certainly you understand what is involved in getting a Constitutional Amendment passed in this country. NO ONE IS EVEN PROPOSING A CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT in re guns! We still have checks and balances in our government. You do realize that there are still Republicans who have been elected to Congress and state legislatures, even some Republican governors. The Supreme Court is hardly a "liberal" Court either.

I have confidence in our elected officials, REPUBLICAN and DEMOCRATIC, and the design of checks and balances in our government. Unfortunate that you have so little confidence in our U.S. system of government.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:49 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,931,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I wanna take all of Roy's guns, who's with me?!
You did notice you didn't have any takers didn't you??

Old 01-19-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Conservatives actually fantasize about people wishing to take their guns. They've poured all of that time and energy into their weapons, it's clearly a big ego thing for them. So it's secretly disappointing to them when people don't care enough to come after them and try to take all their firearms so that they can have an excuse to try out their Rambo fantasy.
Good point.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:56 AM
bUU

12,077 posts, read 10,696,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
It would be illegal and impossible for all guns to be confiscated. You have said you were a history teacher, so certainly you understand what is involved in getting a Constitutional Amendment passed in this country.
Precisely. It is truly worthy of ridicule the extent to which some of the right-wing media-types are going to stir up such silliness. The Second Amendment is intended to protect the right of people to protect themselves, and it will. Somehow, these media-types think it makes sense to pervert that into support for whatever weapon people want, how they want them, when they want them, etc. The purpose is personal protection. Registering guns doesn't make them inoperable. :duh:

One of the more stringent control measures people are talking about involve having a licence to buy bullets - well guess what! Even that doesn't make the bullets inoperable either. These are reasonable regulations none of which actually work against the actual purpose of the Second Amendment. But if you drink the Kool-Aid that these right-wing media-types are spewing out every weekday on television, on the radio, and online, you'd think that because you cannot have a semi-automatic weapon, you regular handguns wouldn't work! What idiocy!

Old 01-19-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Did you watch that video so you could find out how gun crime rose precipitously after they forced people to turn their guns. Have you read about any of the bills that have been introduced already in Congress by Democrats like HR 226. You need to study that one and see if it was written in 10 minutes or 10 days.

This race card thing you threw in at the end of your post keeps me sick but I guess you people really do believe that it is his skin color that I don't like about Obama. Why is it that you poor people just have to throw in the Patriot Act? Is it the only law you know that was passed while the GOP controlled the Congress and the Executive Branch? It is overworked but then the Demoncraps failed to repeal it when they had complete control in Obama's first 2 years. They must have liked it a little. No, they were too busy trying to force tax laws like Stimulus on us and debating the finally passed health care unconstitutional law.
HR 226....I'm even providing a link about this bill from Free Republic!!

Proposed Weapons Ban Legislation: H.R. 226

If you were a school teacher for years, why is it that you don't know the difference between voluntary "surrender" and "confiscate"? The bill is about giving people a tax credit if they want to voluntarily surrender "certain assault weapons"......that definitely DOES NOT have anything to do with the government confiscating all guns! Please!

Old 01-19-2013, 12:02 PM
bUU

12,077 posts, read 10,696,004 times
I suppose one could say that the town "confiscates" the garbage bags we leave out on the curb each week.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:05 PM

The answer to your thread title and op is a resounding "No."

Old 01-19-2013, 12:07 PM

420 posts, read 334,892 times
No, roy. Thats not where were headed.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:19 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,103,168 times
Quote:
I certainly hope not but it seems that the left is going to go there or we are going to have to fight them to keep our Constitutional rights to own guns. What rights will they go after they get our guns? How do we stop them? Very important questions but I don't see the answers near by on the horizon. Maybe we just have to get lucky.

This video is about one country that had a gun grab not so long ago and then saw gun crime climb pretty rapidly.

Thousands of Guns Confiscated & Destroyed in Australia Results in More Crime :: ConservativeVideos.com
Here we go; again

Over the past two decades, an average of 19 people per year have been killed by offenders using firearms.
• The number of homicide victims killed by offenders using firearms decreased from 14 percent in 2008–09 to 13 percent of total homicides in 2009–10.
• The proportion of homicide victims killed by offenders using firearms in 2009–10 represented a decrease of 18 percentage points from the peak of 31 percent in 1995–96 (the year in which the Port Arthur massacre occurred with the death of 35 people, which subsequently led to the introduction of stringent firearms legislation)
Since 1999, the number of murders has generally decreased by around three percent per year.

Source: Australian crime: facts & figures; 2011 - Australian institute of Criminology
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies