Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 03:27 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,254,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I certainly hope not but it seems that the left is going to go there or we are going to have to fight them to keep our Constitutional rights to own guns. What rights will they go after they get our guns? How do we stop them? Very important questions but I don't see the answers near by on the horizon. Maybe we just have to get lucky.

This video is about one country that had a gun grab not so long ago and then saw gun crime climb pretty rapidly.

Thousands of Guns Confiscated & Destroyed in Australia Results in More Crime :: ConservativeVideos.com
I'm sure the far left wants to ban all guns and completely disarm the American populace. They will never admit that though because that position is too extreme at this point in time to sell to the sheeple. The best way to do it is slowly but surely and that is the direction they are going.

If the left ultimately succeeds in overturning or nullifying the 2nd Amendment, freedom of religion and speech is likely next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 03:30 PM

657 posts, read 695,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
NOBODY, repeat NOBODY, is seriously talking about trying to confiscate guns in the U.S. Your fear is reaching the level of paranoia.

When you say, "seems like the left is going to go there" exactly what are you using to base that "belief" or "fear" on? When you say "go there," are you saying you think/believe that the U.S. is going to try to confiscate guns as your thread indicates was done in Australia? WHY do you think that?

NOBODY is talking about a Constitutional Amendment regarding guns. NOBODY.
You are sleeping... wake up.

It doesn't happen overnight. The fear is not about just guns, it's about how your government is using stupid excuses to take a dump on the constitution. You, as well as everyone else should fear that.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:42 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
I'm sure the far left wants to ban all guns and completely disarm the American populace. They will never admit that though because that position is too extreme at this point in time to sell to the sheeple. The best way to do it is slowly but surely and that is the direction they are going.

If the left ultimately succeeds in overturning or nullifying the 2nd Amendment, freedom of religion and speech is likely next.
Please! You can't "nullify" an Amendment to the Constitution.

And you're wrong about what the "left" wants. I'm a liberal and I do not support banning all guns. Do you think that there is going to come a time when there are no Republicans or no opposition to Democrats left in Washington and/or the states? Well, actaally, if the Republican Party continues to be run by the far right lunatic fringe, there may not be any "Republicans" left, but surely another Party would be created to
take their place.

You should look up what it takes the "change" the US Constitution and then you wouldn't be so susceptible to the fear mongering of the gun "lobby" NRA. The NRA is really most concerned about the gun manufacturers making MONEY. The last effort at a US Constitutional Amendment was the Equal Rights Amendment. There have been NO serious efforts to amend the Constitution since that time. And of course, the ERA didn't succeed, something which probably had a lot of "liberal" support.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarasotaBound1 View Post
You are sleeping... wake up.

It doesn't happen overnight. The fear is not about just guns, it's about how your government is using stupid excuses to take a dump on the constitution. You, as well as everyone else should fear that.
Yet another person who needs to take a refresher course in how our government works.

Please be specific about what has been done to "take a dump on the Constitution"......show us some specific instances.

There are required procedures for amending the Constitution. I'm thinking you have no clue what they are. Can you even tell me the last time a serious effort was made to amend the Constitution? Or do you expect Obama to use the military to stage a "coup" and take over the country as a dictator? If that's the case, you should wake up from your nightmare, it's NOT going to happen.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Please! You can't "nullify" an Amendment to the Constitution.

And you're wrong about what the "left" wants. I'm a liberal and I do not support banning all guns. Do you think that there is going to come a time when there are no Republicans or no opposition to Democrats left in Washington and/or the states? Well, actaally, if the Republican Party continues to be run by the far right lunatic fringe, there may not be any "Republicans" left, but surely another Party would be created to
take their place.

You should look up what it takes the "change" the US Constitution and then you wouldn't be so susceptible to the fear mongering of the gun "lobby" NRA. The NRA is really most concerned about the gun manufacturers making MONEY. The last effort at a US Constitutional Amendment was the Equal Rights Amendment. There have been NO serious efforts to amend the Constitution since that time. And of course, the ERA didn't succeed, something which probably had a lot of "liberal" support.
I could care less about the NRA. I am not a big fan of that organization, but I do support the rights our founding fathers gave us.

Yes, it is possible that sometime in the future, the Supreme Court could rule that the Second Amendment does not apply to private citizens, therefore nullifying it for all intents and purposes. Lower courts are already trying to jump on that bandwagon. If the SCOTUS ever rules that, look out.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:58 PM

1,482 posts, read 2,384,651 times
So what you are saying is that most of us are worrying about the wrong things. You bet!!!! By the time we catch on it may be too late.

Old 01-19-2013, 04:07 PM

Quote:
I could care less about the NRA. I am not a big fan of that organization, but I do support the rights our founding fathers gave us.

Yes, it is possible that sometime in the future, the Supreme Court could rule that the Second Amendment does not apply to private citizens, therefore nullifying it for all intents and purposes. Lower courts are already trying to jump on that bandwagon. If the SCOTUS ever rules that, look out.
NOT in your lifetime. Please expand on how you think that would work in the future.

What rights that our "founding fathers gave" us do you see as being eroded?

http://www.linkedin.com/answers/law-...26281-84828328

Old 01-19-2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
NOT in your lifetime. Please expand on how you think that would work in the future.

What rights that our "founding fathers gave" us do you see as being eroded?
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

The first clause of the second amendment creates a loophole for courts to rule that it doesn't apply to private citizens. The far-left have been trying to exploit it for years but have failed, but all it takes is activist judges who rule with an agenda to get the ball rolling on that.

Old 01-19-2013, 04:17 PM

Quote:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

The first clause of the second amendment creates a loophole for courts to rule that it doesn't apply to private citizens. The far-left have been trying to exploit it for years but have failed, but all it takes is activist judges who rule with an agenda to get the ball rolling on that.
Well, aren't we fortunate that the Justices on the USSC are not elected, thereby, causing them to be somewhat "force" to respond to political winds.

I know the USSC ruled on a case involving guns in the not too distant past, but I can't cite it off the top of my head. Can you?

So the only "rights" our "founding fathers gave" us which you think are being threatened are found in the 2nd Amendment....you know, I'm not so sure "our founding fathers" actually gave us the 2nd Amendment. You know what I mean?

Old 01-20-2013, 05:46 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,704 times
Quote:
NOBODY, repeat NOBODY, is seriously talking about trying to confiscate guns in the U.S. Your fear is reaching the level of paranoia.

When you say, "seems like the left is going to go there" exactly what are you using to base that "belief" or "fear" on? When you say "go there," are you saying you think/believe that the U.S. is going to try to confiscate guns as your thread indicates was done in Australia? WHY do you think that?

NOBODY is talking about a Constitutional Amendment regarding guns. NOBODY.
Not true.

In a world where our government seems to be far more concerned with the "World Community", they're going to try to "keep up with the Joneses". Attempts will be made to remove guns. If they go to fast with it, they'll get a backlash, but little at a time, eventually it will happen. When looking at all the other countries where banning guns have failed, we need to take some serious lessons.

Don't give an inch, because they'll take a mile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies