Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 09:47 AM

2,072 posts, read 1,755,825 times

Advertisements

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/n...ship-bill.html

Man I hope this goes through and is signed. I doubt it,I mean we have Reid and Obama who both hate America and want it turned into Mexico so....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 09:48 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
It will never pass, unfortunately.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:49 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,260,372 times
I never really understood why we had that law, but I don't think it will pass.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:57 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It will never pass, unfortunately.
What do you mean unfortunately? You sound like you don't want minorities to move into America.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:59 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,334 times
Another politician shows they that they do not understand or have read the US Constitution. What part of nothing short of a Constitutional Amendment can change anything that is in the US Constitution, do these nutbuggers not understand?

Old 01-19-2013, 10:08 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
What do you mean unfortunately? You sound like you don't want minorities to move into America.
Not sure what minorities have to do with anything, but what I don't want is automatic citizenship for anyone who happens to be born within US borders or territories.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:10 AM

152 posts, read 250,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Another politician shows they that they do not understand or have read the US Constitution. What part of nothing short of a Constitutional Amendment can change anything that is in the US Constitution, do these nutbuggers not understand?
It needs to be amended then - the founders of the country and it's constitution created these laws during different times, and though they tried to be as circumspect as possible, I doubt they could have known how things would be today. People from other countries blatantly and with impunity come here to have their children so they will be citizens. There are 'services' that will fly women in from other countries, see to their accommodations, deliver their children, all in a nice little package.

It's an insult to the country and to the American people and it should be stopped.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:11 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Not illegal ones dropping anchor babies. Who in their right mind would?

Old 01-19-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Not sure what minorities have to do with anything, but what I don't want is automatic citizenship for anyone who happens to be born within US borders or territories.

sorry, that is our nation's laws. If you want it changed, then bug your rep to suggest a Constitutional Convention to get an Amendment proposed. We already know that no congressional body will get the 2/3rds required vote to pass a bill, and then the bill has to be voted on by 3/4ths of the States in the Union.

Keep in mind, the last Constitutional Convention was in 1787.

The last amendment (27th) do be voted on by The states (ratified) was proposed in 1789, but ratification was done in 1992.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapour_trail View Post
It needs to be amended then - the founders of the country and it's constitution created these laws during different times, and though they tried to be as circumspect as possible, I doubt they could have known how things would be today. People from other countries blatantly and with impunity come here to have their children so they will be citizens. There are 'services' that will fly women in from other countries, see to their accommodations, deliver their children, all in a nice little package.
I don't believe it needs to be. Its fine as it is, and hasn't caused any problems. Anyone who thinks otherwise, are just using it as a thin veil to hide behind so they don't can indriectly attack immigration (both legal and illegal).

There are many immigrants who are MUCH more loyal to the US than home grown US Citizens.

Quote:
It's an insult to the country and to the American people and it should be stopped.
What's insulting is that you think this is an insult to the American people as if you are the voice for them.

NOT a single person in the US is a "native" of the Continental US. We are all Descendants of immigrants who traveled to this land to look for new opportunities, and to get away from oppression (or heck, to even make money).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies