U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 07:51 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,276,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Please note: The Tea Party never raged against Bush for eradicating civil liberties, bailouts, spending, or wars. Never. This reveals their partisan agenda.

More history on the Tea Party:

The National Memo » The Tea Party Movement Doesn’t Exist
Another person who paid the tea party no mind until the media picked it up and took over.

The real tea party called out Bush on all of those things. I attended several rallies (before people had stupid ****ing tea bags on their hats) and met nothing but kind, caring people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 08:01 PM

7,946 posts, read 14,986,400 times
Quote:
This is all hype - it was not like as if the "original" Tea Party existed for decades before being taken over. There is no long running establishment run of the Tea Party to classify it as an "original" and the "racist" version.
Isn't that what also happened to Occupy? Occupy started in October 2011, but it wasn't long into 2012 and it had already been taken over by the extreme left.

No, the Tea Party started as a very noble movement, focused on liberty and fiscal conservatism. It was my hopes that it was the beginning of the GOP's move back to true conservatism. Unfortunately it slowly got hijacked by extreme social conservatives and racists. The GOP is in trouble until it embraces the ideas put forth by the original Tea Party.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:01 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,587,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Tea Party were supporting Ron Paul in 2007.
The first collective Tea Party protest under the official "Tea Party" banner was in Feb 2009...and it was the bigoted racist version.

It doesnt matter that small fragments of Tea Party people were going around the country before that in a splintered manner. You might as well call them the "Lost Paul-bots". The official use of the word "Tea Party" was in 02/2009.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:03 PM

65,994 posts, read 33,428,648 times
Quote:
The first collective Tea Party protest under the official "Tea Party" banner was in Feb 2009...and it was the bigoted racist version.

It doesnt matter that small fragments of Tea Party people were going around the country before that in a splintered manner. You might as well call them the "Lost Paul-bots". The official use of the word "Tea Party" was in 02/2009.

Really.

I was part of the original Tea Party that got Ron Paul to run in 2008.

We were forming in 2006, but came up with our name, with the help of Ron Paul.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Isn't that what also happened to Occupy? Occupy started in October 2011, but it wasn't long into 2012 and it had already been taken over by the extreme left.

No, the Tea Party started as a very noble movement, focused on liberty and fiscal conservatism. It was my hopes that it was the beginning of the GOP's move back to true conservatism. Unfortunately it slowly got hijacked by extreme social conservatives and racists.
What? Occupy always wanted more government involvement. The Koch Bros are well documented to have supported the Tea Party quite heavily alongwith Fox News (foxnews even promoted Tea Party events). Soros didnt even enter the 2012 election cycle until the last minute when he donated $1.2m to an Obama SuperPAC.

And I dont recall any issues of racism or bigotry in Occupy.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:04 PM

7,946 posts, read 14,986,400 times
Quote:
What? Occupy always wanted more government involvement. The Koch Bros are well documented to have supported the Tea Party quite heavily alongwith Fox News (foxnews even promoted Tea Party events). Soros didnt even enter the 2012 election cycle until the last minute when he donated $1.2m to an Obama SuperPAC.

And I dont recall any issues of racism or bigotry in Occupy.
Occupy didn't have racism and bigotry, but it got taken over by "entitlement" low-lives.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Occupy didn't have racism and bigotry, but it got taken over by "entitlement" low-lives.
What? Please elaborate. Occupy always wanted to preserve the social safety nets. Also Occupy was a global movement not some narrow Republican charade like the Tea Party.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:37 PM

18,677 posts, read 16,988,597 times
Quote:
I miss the Tea Party the way it started and the movement it was supposed to represent. The original message of the Tea Party was lower taxes and less government. Social issues and religious issues were not the focus, so it had a broader appeal to people who may support strict fiscal conservatism but can't stomach the social positions of the GOP. Slowly but surely, this great movement that many had hoped would bring this nation back to the Constitution became overtaken by social conservatives and racists. Today, it is virtually one and the same with the Christian Right. We need the original Tea Party back! Anybody else feel this way?
No. Judging by how little the TP cared about their almsot immediate racist members, I question whether the original purpose was simply a ruse (that caused a backlash at the POTUS/Senate levels) to try to make a David Duke bunch of racist candidates and backers more palatable.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:55 PM

552 posts, read 628,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
You mean the tea party before Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, Sean Hannity and Rush Dickballs? The tea party that focused on liberty?

Yeah, I miss it. RIP.
While I disagree with you on many things I absolutely agree. The GOP needs more people to say the same thing including their leaders. Not sure if you are including the birther/Obama hatred, but that stuff isn't going to help either. You can say he is legitimate while also disagreeing with his policies. The same way saying Bush was dumb, I never subscribed to that either, he was a smart man who I happened to disagree with tremendously. Can't people respect the man, Obama, for graduating from Harvard in a single parent home and being naturally gifted in intelligence while at the same time disagreeing on his policies. I just don't get the angle...

Old 01-19-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
No. Judging by how little the TP cared about their almsot immediate racist members, I question whether the original purpose was simply a ruse (that caused a backlash at the POTUS/Senate levels) to try to make a David Duke bunch of racist candidates and backers more palatable.
As for OP's question - so few people were involved in this questionable "original" Tea Party that hardly anyone missed it and hence see the racist bigoted Tea Party of now as the one and only Tea Party !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or