U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 04:48 PM

5,580 posts, read 3,643,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
maybe we can get an Independent or Libertarian in office instead. after all, democrats and republicans dont get presidents elected, independents do.
He'd have to get elected through one of the parties then drop the party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 04:51 PM

19,122 posts, read 22,164,133 times
I am not going to worry about it. I don't think there will be a USA in 4 more years.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:11 PM

217 posts, read 295,842 times
We are getting too close to thinking we are a democracy. Any change we can make happens in 20 months. So, citizens need to sit back and trust Dear Leader.

Meaning: quit pestering the guy to make laws and let the man golf. Every time you call him off a boogie board to address your whining he has to see Michelle who ruined the kitchen staff with rabbit food. Barry is lonely in that house, I mean, BO hasn't been seen for months, and Biden isn't exactly a good replacement best friend for a sophisticate like Obama. Being pissed doesn't help him do his job. Having him not do his job, destroy America, is a much better plan.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:24 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,278,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I am not going to worry about it. I don't think there will be a USA in 4 more years.
I keep hearing that but the truth is, America was lost way back under Wilson. I suggest reading the history of his presidency and being amazed at what an absolute puppet the guy was. After you do that, read his letter of regret.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:26 PM

2,542 posts, read 3,614,916 times
The parties have to disappear. Let the people run on their own Merritt's and accomplishments. No more buying elections!

Old 01-19-2013, 07:30 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,592,246 times
The Republican party has far bigger problems than just the "tyrant" Obama. The Tea Party is the greatest threat to the GOP right now - it has turned the once reasonable GOP into a laughing stock of the world with its extreme right wing policies. The fact that the Tea Party factions forced Republicans to make fun of Canada, China, Europe, the Arab world etc means that the GOP is not only detested at home, it hardly has any friends left in the world either. The Tea Party needs to go and then the GOP can get some sanity. Right now Obama has it so easy that he just has to point to the Tea Party antics and voila! he seems automatically far far superior.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:32 PM

2,542 posts, read 3,614,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
the republican party has far bigger problems than just the "tyrant" obama. The tea party is the greatest threat to the gop right now - it has turned the once reasonable gop into a laughing stock of the world with its extreme right wing policies. The fact that the tea party factions forced republicans to make fun of canada, china, europe, the arab world etc means that the gop is not only detested at home, it hardly has any friends left in the world either. The tea party needs to go and then the gop can get some sanity. Right now obama has it so easy that he just has to point to the tea party antics and voila! He seems automatically far far superior.
go tea party!

Old 01-19-2013, 07:35 PM

13,300 posts, read 10,468,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
I agree. Had Ron Paul won the last election, it would still be more of the same as nothing would be allowed through the house that came from him. He would remain the silent voice in the corner of the room.
I thought about that as well If the refuticans give Obama hell I can imagine what they AND the dumbocrats would have done to Ron Paul

Old 01-19-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
The Republican party has far bigger problems than just the "tyrant" Obama. The Tea Party is the greatest threat to the GOP right now - it has turned the once reasonable GOP into a laughing stock of the world with its extreme right wing policies. The fact that the Tea Party factions forced Republicans to make fun of Canada, China, Europe, the Arab world etc means that the GOP is not only detested at home, it hardly has any friends left in the world either. The Tea Party needs to go and then the GOP can get some sanity. Right now Obama has it so easy that he just has to point to the Tea Party antics and voila! he seems automatically far far superior.
Explain what's insane to you about the principles the tea party was founded on? How is liberty and peace an extremist movement?

The new tea party, the one overtaken by Fox News and the GOP is the one I view as extremist.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I thought about that as well If the refuticans give Obama hell I can imagine what they AND the dumbocrats would have done to Ron Paul
Not to mention the media crucifying him all the way through to try and effect his approval rating.... or even fake it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies