Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 10:29 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,149,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
That is assuming you have access to the child. You may not if you are serving overseas in the military.
Yes, well I raised that point myself when people were suggesting mandatory paternity testing.

I don't know what the answer is, honestly. I married someone I trust and so did my husband. We earned our trust and we deserve it. I have a hard time imagining that there were no red flags or signs of any sort in these paternity fraud cases. I'm not saying that anyone deserves this - I'm just saying that picking a partner and choosing the person you want to have a child with are not decisions one should take lightly - and many do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 11:00 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,582,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Many laws have a statute of limitations.....why should challenging paternity be any different? If you wait too long.....you lose.
1 year is too long? Please, name another law like that, just one?

Quote:
Life isn't fair. Most of the time the mother is the only parent who will care for the child. Throwing dishonest mothers in jail and leaving a child without a parent who will care for it does not help society.
Just watch momma' butt being thrown to a jail for stealing $100 worth of merchandize at a Wall Mart. If that momma would defraud a local business for $100,000 she wouldn't see her child for very long time. In both cases "society" doesn't give a dime for inability of a mother to take care of her children.

Besides, I might open another thread, it would sound something like this: "10 the most ridiculous, outrageous and absurd reasons you might lose your parental/custody rights in USA". "Society" doesn't think twice about robbing children of their parents using the most absurd justifications.

Quote:
The laws are not written with the intent of allowing women to get away with something, they are written to provide for the welfare of the child.
Not having these absurd laws on the books would have halved birth rates thus improving welfare of the born ones. Women would think twice about sleeping around and picking the most lucrative victim to defraud (including "society"). Overall, society would be much better place.

Quote:
In family law, is IS all about the children. Society has decided that the child's welfare comes first. Good luck trying to change it.
Really? How giving a blank check for $1200 (for example) to an irresponsible lying woman to spend as she pleases advances children welfare? How giving a $1200 monthly check to a woman who doesn't even have the custody of her children is "all about the children"? Family law is all about absurd concept of "woman' rights" it's not about children.

Quote:
BTW.....if you want to really get into it.....most of these laws have been written soley by men. Men who decided the lives of the children involved should be front and foremost.
The laws on divorce and family were pushed by the butched up feminists, it's not a secret. It's easy to see why shortsighted state bureaucracy would jump on the feminist band wagon. It's believed that these laws would help the state to hit (indiscriminately) random men for cash thus decreasing welfare rolls. Little they knew.

Quote:
In this day and age, it is easy enough for men to surreptitiously have a paternity test done.....without telling anyone. They should take advantage of it if this is something they worry about.
Wrong again. A woman can point her finger at ANY man as "the insimenator". All she needs to do, to give the state "the last known address" (it could be her own address, btw, or the address of a friend's house she had group sex at). Sending a notice of child support hearings is self-sufficient, no acknowledgement is required. It's assumed that once notice is sent, the man would read it and hurry up to defend himself. In truth, the man doesn't even suspect he's accused of fathering a child. It takes just 1 year for the guy to be designated as a legal father.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:09 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,244,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Can you read? It's estimated that 90,000 men/year are enslaved for 18 years to pay for another man kid. Today, 30% of DNA paternity tests, nearly one in three, prove that the man involved is not the father of the child in question.

For the state it doesn't matter who pay$. A man is given 1 year window (or less) to prove that he's not a father, after that he's hooked for 18 years regardless of DNA test results. Many men don't suspect that time limit exists, the foolishly assume that DNA tests would exonerate them. Generally, it's not true, once you are a legal father you pay. Lying women get rewarded for their lies and dishonesty.
My niece who prosecuted dead beat dads in the late 90s admitted to having just over 2,000 of those cases and never losing one of them. Her boy friend inserted that her record was pretty dependent on DNA and she admitted that she never got a successful prosecution to its end without DNA. She is going to be somewhat sad to learn that she was doing that under false pretenses.

I might suggest that the Army used salt petre very successfully for us in basic training. Maybe they should be told about this novel method,

Old 01-21-2013, 08:24 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,582,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
My niece who prosecuted dead beat dads in the late 90s admitted to having just over 2,000 of those cases and never losing one of them. Her boy friend inserted that her record was pretty dependent on DNA and she admitted that she never got a successful prosecution to its end without DNA. She is going to be somewhat sad to learn that she was doing that under false pretenses.

I might suggest that the Army used salt petre very successfully for us in basic training. Maybe they should be told about this novel method,
- Sixteen months after his divorce, Richard Parker, a Florida resident, discovered via DNA testing that the child he was paying support for was not his. Florida justices ruled 7-0 against him, stating that Parker must continue to pay $1,200 a month in child support, because he had missed the one-year post divorce deadline for filing his lawsuit. His court-ordered payments total $216,000 over the next fifteen years.

Prosecution of "dead beat" dads is easy. As long as he's a legal father, negative DNA test results would do him no good, he must pay up, just ask Florida etc. justices.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:20 AM

19,590 posts, read 12,193,033 times
It's appalling that men have to pay child support for a child that is not theirs. The one year deadline is ridiculous. I'm sure most of these surprises pop up years later. It would not seem forcing a fake dad onto a kid is in the best interests of the child.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:27 AM

78,271 posts, read 60,479,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
It's appalling that men have to pay child support for a child that is not theirs. The one year deadline is ridiculous. I'm sure most of these surprises pop up years later. It would not seem forcing a fake dad onto a kid is in the best interests of the child.
This actually happened to a relative of mine. Found out the kid wasn't his when the kid was 5 and the wife wanted "out". She is a terrible mother and he stuck around beyond just the financial aspects and it's because of him that the kid is turning out ok.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:29 AM

691 posts, read 770,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Who says they're lying? You suggesting that women will know which dude they had sex with is most compatible with the DNA of the dude they actually got pregnant by?

We women are smart and all, but we're not all biochemists.

If these tramps would let the sheets cool off before hopping back into the sack with another then they would know who the father is.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:37 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,502,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
This actually happened to a relative of mine. Found out the kid wasn't his when the kid was 5 and the wife wanted "out". She is a terrible mother and he stuck around beyond just the financial aspects and it's because of him that the kid is turning out ok.
Good for him. He changed a kid's life in a positive way; he made a difference.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:56 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,687,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You might want to find a more reliable source for your "information" than a conspiracy theorist.

There is no national database for paternity tests. No one knows how many tests are performed, let alone how many prove the alleged father is or is not the bio dad.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:33 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,051,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
- Sixteen months after his divorce, Richard Parker, a Florida resident, discovered via DNA testing that the child he was paying support for was not his. Florida justices ruled 7-0 against him, stating that Parker must continue to pay $1,200 a month in child support, because he had missed the one-year post divorce deadline for filing his lawsuit. His court-ordered payments total $216,000 over the next fifteen years.

Prosecution of "dead beat" dads is easy. As long as he's a legal father, negative DNA test results would do him no good, he must pay up, just ask Florida etc. justices.
The family laws in Florida are just as bad as that in California, if not worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies