U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:49 AM
 
Location: California
11,436 posts, read 17,159,119 times
Reputation: 12500

Advertisements

What is an assault type weapon? a weapon used in an assault? Mental health problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:50 AM
 
6,156 posts, read 4,152,305 times
Reputation: 1513
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Has it ever occurred to you that some people might be experiencing genuine outrage? That not all of us are as unaffected by senseless violence as you are, and it literally makes us feel sick.
No, it hasn't occurred to us. Why? Because tons of people die every day, and you don't care.

Only when it happens in a "mass shooting" scenario with a scary black rifle (nevermind that the number of crimes committed with scary black rifles is miniscule compared to other weapons) does it become a big deal to you. Because you respond to sensationalism, not death. That's not "caring".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:50 AM
 
10,357 posts, read 7,986,845 times
Reputation: 4547
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Because you are a Lemur, and follow what the left says, does not mean it is going to work......Last time I checked the criminal does not care about the law.....fake outrage again....
OK, if criminals don't care about laws, let's just get rid of all laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:50 AM
 
Location: Staten Island, NY
6,480 posts, read 6,205,256 times
Reputation: 6959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souleiado View Post
No, no fake outrage .....real outrage , it's still mind blowing that people put their love of guns over people life !
So my questions is still out .....how many more kids to we need to kill before pro guns people start to wake up!
What type of world are we making for our children
This is so typical of liberal 'outrage': The need to feel precious and morally superior. "We" are killing kids? You got a mouse in your pocket?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:51 AM
 
10,357 posts, read 7,986,845 times
Reputation: 4547
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
No, it hasn't occurred to us. Why? Because tons of people die every day, and you don't care.

Only when it happens in a "mass shooting" scenario with a scary black rifle (nevermind that the number of crimes committed with scary black rifles is miniscule compared to other weapons) does it become a big deal to you. Because you respond to sensationalism, not death. That's not "caring".
I do care and I have worked in violence prevention, and may very well again, so don't tell me what I do and don't care about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:51 AM
 
Location: Plano
718 posts, read 1,144,369 times
Reputation: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Then you should be sick every single day, about 16 times a day then....because of all the killing that happens each and every day. So, don't sit there and play your fake outrage, because of this. If the Chicago news would post it's daily killing, you'd be sick every single day of the year, sometimes multiple times a day.....
Oh I have been sick everyday , I didn't wait for Sandy Hook to be outraged! I live in freaking Texas , where people carry guns everywhere including diaper bags ........most of them have to clue on how to use them ......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:51 AM
 
47,573 posts, read 60,673,444 times
Reputation: 22283
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Well why don't we put a few more gun laws, like the dozens of recommendations by the White House into effect and see? What's the harm of that? Wouldn't that be better than doing nothing ----otherwise known as business as usual ---- and let this senseless violence continue?
What if this teenager killed these people because he was doing a home invasion because he needed money or something to pawn for a drug addiction? Are you interested in doing anything at all about drug addiction? Maybe have some laws against drugs or at least some enforcement of those laws?

What if this teenager killed these people because he's mentally ill and they're his own family? Are you interested in doing anything about mental illness? Obviously you are not, Obama certainly is not.

You're just interested in using a tragedy for your political agenda.

No one could be gullible enough to believe that gun laws would work any better than drug laws especially when the border is so open and anything can be easily shipped over the border. It's a fact that drugs in a Juarez warehouse can be shipped over and very efficiently distributed to virtually ever single US city and town within hours. There will be no problem at all for the same to be done with guns and bullets -- only the traffickers won't require background checks or paperwork of any kind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:53 AM
 
47,573 posts, read 60,673,444 times
Reputation: 22283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souleiado View Post
Oh I have been sick everyday , I didn't wait for Sandy Hook to be outraged! I live in freaking Texas , where people carry guns everywhere including diaper bags ........most of them have to clue on how to use them ......
I live in the safest city in the USA, and just about everyone has guns. Guns are legal here, shooting people trying to break into your house is legal, and you don't even have to drag the corpse into the house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:55 AM
 
6,156 posts, read 4,152,305 times
Reputation: 1513
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I do care and I have worked in violence prevention, and may very well again, so don't tell me what I do and don't care about.
This is sensationalism plain and simple and your responses to something like this (instead of the other murders that have already happened today, probably more than this) never mind your complete and total focus on guns and guns alone proves it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:55 AM
 
10,357 posts, read 7,986,845 times
Reputation: 4547
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
What if this teenager killed these people because he was doing a home invasion because he needed money or something to pawn for a drug addiction? Are you interested in doing anything at all about drug addiction? Maybe have some laws against drugs or at least some enforcement of those laws?

What if this teenager killed these people because he's mentally ill and they're his own family? Are you interested in doing anything about mental illness? Obviously you are not, Obama certainly is not.

You're just interested in using a tragedy for your political agenda.

No one could be gullible enough to believe that gun laws would work any better than drug laws especially when the border is so open and anything can be easily shipped over the border. It's a fact that drugs in a Juarez warehouse can be shipped over and very efficiently distributed to virtually ever single US city and town within hours. There will be no problem at all for the same to be done with guns and bullets -- only the traffickers won't require background checks or paperwork of any kind.

What if, what if, what if?

Nevertheless he didn't kill 5 people in quick succession with a bat, or a knife, because it would have been far more difficult to do so. He did it with a gun that can shoot 10 rounds a second (or something like that.) So don't tell me that a gun isn't part of the problem here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:41 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top