Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2013, 02:23 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
Quote:
one of which was a semi-automatic military-style rifle.[LEFT]
Read more: Boy, 15, shoots three adults and two kids dead with assault rifle in bloody shooting rampage | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
[/LEFT]
Of course we know that a military style rifle is an assault rifle....

Keep it going lefties, you are showing your ignorance.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 02:24 PM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times
And no one would be surprised to learn that the accused had been treated with psychotropic drugs.... can't have "THAT" showing up in the news feeds.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:25 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

All I did was posted a link with updated info on the shooting. You mad bro?

Old 01-20-2013, 02:29 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
I see "mass shooting" and think 20+ people.

What defines "mass" now..any number greater than one ?

Old 01-20-2013, 02:30 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainforest338 View Post
Being that it occured in the south valley, I'm surprised they didn't all have guns.
Odds are that they did. Maybe they couldn't get to them quick enough? Maybe they were the weapons that the perp used? Right now I'd bet on the latter. Seems strange for a minister to own guns though, don't know why, it just does.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:32 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
There you go --- the father and other family members including 3 children shot dead in their own home by the father's son with the father's gun.

Tell me, gun nuts, how did the father owning guns prevent this murder? They had a bunch of weapons in the house, so more guns wouldn't have. And don't tell me, well, if they had actually been carrying their weapons this wouldn't have happened. People usually don't go around carrying guns on them in their own home, and for all we know they were sleeping.

Studies have shown that guns in the home are more likely to end up in the death of those who live in the home than an "intruder". Just another occurance of this.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:34 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,158,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

Military Weapon vs Militia Weapon.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:40 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
» Breaking: Five Dead in South Valley Shooting | ABQ Journal

Griego and his wife, Sarah, have 10 kids, according to the pastor’s biography on the Calvary Church website, which has been removed. The other children’s ages were not given in the biography.

The suspect, Nehemiah Griego, 15, was not well known among those living within a block or so of the family’s home on Long Lane in the South Valley.

However, neighbor Peter Gomez said he saw the boy walk with siblings and his parents through the neighborhood regularly, and he “wore nothing but camouflage stuff”.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:49 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
since you are the token canuck according to your profile, the 2nd Amendment really means nothing at all to you as you cannot truly understand what is a right and what is given to you by government. your guns up there in canada are so tightly controlled that the law abiding cannot even do very much with their firearms.

I do not mind if you are in favor of gun control, as long as you keep your views on gun control to yourself and your country. as your views on gun control have no bearing at all here in the USA.
Obviously you are ignorant of the firearms laws in Canada...Here, educate yourself about reasonable gun laws that actually work. They have never interfered with what I do with my firearms, which is hunt, and occasionally shoot competitively with my Smith and Wesson semi auto hand gun.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:49 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times
I notice all the gun nuts have gone quiet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies