Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2013, 02:58 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Bernarlillo Co deputies responded Sat night to a mass shooting. Two adults and three children are dead. A teenager has been arrested in connection with the crime. Few details released, except that at least one of the weapons used was an assault rifle:

» Breaking: Five Dead in South Valley Shooting | ABQ Journal
I guess you accept the 4 or more number to be what mass shooting is. I can remember when these things were reported as murders or something like that but now all of a sudden the become mass shootings or is that just in the minds of leaners?

Seriously, I don't remember seeing that word, mass, used so much as it is these days. What is the reason for that. When all or most of a family is murdered by a kid who wears only camo clothes one would have to wonder why it happened especially when his last name is the same as those who were killed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 02:59 PM

102 posts, read 166,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
There you go --- the father and other family members including 3 children shot dead in their own home by the father's son with the father's gun.

Tell me, gun nuts, how did the father owning guns prevent this murder? They had a bunch of weapons in the house, so more guns wouldn't have. And don't tell me, well, if they had actually been carrying their weapons this wouldn't have happened. People usually don't go around carrying guns on them in their own home, and for all we know they were sleeping.

Studies have shown that guns in the home are more likely to end up in the death of those who live in the home than an "intruder". Just another occurance of this.
You are right on the money!

Old 01-20-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I was just waiting for someone to say that the solution to more killing with guns is ----- more guns ! Took all of 5 seconds.

Do you realize how stupid that is?
There were 7 minutes between the posting of the OP and the one you are squealing about. That would be at least 420 seconds as compared to your 5 seconds.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
So each of those kids should have been carrying?

ABQ is 260 miles from the border. And besides, most of the gun traffic along the border goes from north to south, not the other way around.
Is the ATF still walking guns to Mexico? it sounds like you may be thinking that way. Awwwww, I wasn't nice talking about Holder like that , was I?

Old 01-20-2013, 03:03 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,446,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I see "mass shooting" and think 20+ people.

What defines "mass" now..any number greater than one ?
It is kind of a vague term... when I hear mass shooting I think of people targeted at random. Maybe the saddest thing is that due to the wide variety of shootings in this country, we actually have to have all of these different terms to describe them.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:04 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
The article does not say the victimes were shot with "militay style" rifle, it only says such rifle was found in the home.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 01-20-2013 at 03:15 PM..

Old 01-20-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Of course we know that a military style rifle is an assault rifle....

Keep it going lefties, you are showing your ignorance.....
I really wonder if any of these people have any idea how scary the old M1 Carbine was. I bet they don't know that it was a .30 caliber weapon which was intended to be used as a sidearm by officers in WW II and Korea. I bet that many of them don't have any idea that Korea tried to turn thousands of them still in their cosmoline back to us and Obama refused to allow it to happen. They really are fairly uninformed about a lot of things. God, do I wish I could have bought one of those evil looking Carbines. Oh wait, they didn't have any of those combat appearing things on them. I wonder why old I Won wouldn't take the weapons back.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
And no one would be surprised to learn that the accused had been treated with psychotropic drugs.... can't have "THAT" showing up in the news feeds.
How many of those in the recent mass shootings weren't on that kind of drugs? I hope some leaner can find out and tell us.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I see "mass shooting" and think 20+ people.

What defines "mass" now..any number greater than one ?
It was anything over 4 the other day but who knows 1 may be it now. I think only the OP saw that one as mass but they will all be doing it soon.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:09 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,029,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
i didnt say that you did. i said there should be no gun laws, as only the law abiding will follow the law. criminals shall not follow the law.
Why does adding the word "gun" change anything? Just because some people violate laws or regulations, is not a valid reasonable not to have a particular law or regulation.

The fact that that you gun proponents don't believe that your own logic should apply to other laws a well, leads me to believe that you don't even believe your own arguments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies