Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 09:13 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
In the short term following the gun recall in 1996 the number of murders and robberies in Australia did increase, long term however they are down.

Murder
1996- 354
2010 - 260

Robbery
1996 - 16372
2010 - 14582

http://www.aic.gov.au/documents/0/B/...%7Dfacts11.pdf

Thats in Acutal numbers only, it does take not take in account the fact that Australia's population increased by well over 20% between the gun reacall in 1996 and the end of 2010.
Really, did that many Muslims manage to move to Australia in that time?

Did the Aussies take all the guns in or just some of them? Maybe you could tell us which ones they left in circulation and why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
Even if he's not, you can still "WRITE HIM IN".
I don't think he does or will live in Oklahoma by 2016 so writing him in would be a real waste, however, he did take poor Piers to task. I will be back soon with a couple of really hot women taking him down.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:18 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
In the short term following the gun recall in 1996 the number of murders and robberies in Australia did increase, long term however they are down.

Murder
1996- 354
2010 - 260

Robbery
1996 - 16372
2010 - 14582

http://www.aic.gov.au/documents/0/B/...%7Dfacts11.pdf

Thats in Acutal numbers only, it does take not take in account the fact that Australia's population increased by well over 20% between the gun reacall in 1996 and the end of 2010.
You could show similar declines in the US so the question becomes is it even relevant to whether guns are available. FYI the gun by back in Australia only accounted for a small percentage of the estimated guns that should have been turned in.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:21 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayleneO View Post
It's actually embarrassing watching Ventura. Problem is people who believe that 'was a slap down'.

Look at it this way, do turkeys vote Christmas?
Idiotic response. All you Piers Morgan sympathizers need more than a slap down, you need an education.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:24 PM

868 posts, read 1,122,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Of course, back the Brit. However, you are used to a nanny state government dictating every aspect of your life. The government controls you Brits like puppets.

Oh remember the movie the Exorcist? Banned in the UK. To violent. Took over 20 yrs for them to release it. The Life of Brian? A BRIT movie? Banned in many areas of the UK. Reservoir Dogs? BANNED in the UK for release until 1995, because it was "too violent."

You live in such a nanny, sissy state, they tried to ban glass pint glasses in pubs, because of pub fights.

Please, if your culture are such wusses who cannot handle real life, keep it to yourself. This is our country, not yours. And that loser Morgan is over here, making money hand over fist, talking about how great the UK is. If its so damn great, why isn't there making money? He isn't, because the US is a much better place then the UK. Gun violence and all.

And before you even begin, there are TONS of ex pat Brits here. WAY more then American's in the UK. Not too mention, Immigration Office's with long lines of Brits trying to get into this country. So save it.
This is the biggest, steaming pile of horsecrap I've ever read and on top of that, factually false.

As a % of the total population of both cointries, there are actually more Americans in Britain (% of the total population) than Brits in America.

The rest isn't even worth responding to, but I'd pay a good sum of money to watch you spout than nonsensical crap down at my old local. I'll even call the ambulance for you in advance; call it a kind gesture.

Piers Morgan does not represent Britain, get that through your thick skull.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
This is the biggest, steaming pile of horsecrap I've ever read and on top of that, factually false.

As a % of the total population of both cointries, there are actually more Americans in Britain (% of the total population) than Brits in America.

The rest isn't even worth responding to, but I'd pay a good sum of money to watch you spout than nonsensical crap down at my old local. I'll even call the ambulance for you in advance; call it a kind gesture.

Piers Morgan does not represent Britain, get that through your thick skull.
Ain't it grand that Morgan represents only himself and CNN? Now back to poor old Piers and him getting slapped around by people who know what the 2nd Amendment says and think of the US Constitution as something more than a little book, as Morgan called it. Enjoy this one folks, since he proves how little he does know and ended the interview by wadding up a piece of paper and throwing it across the desk when I am sure he would have used a gun on the blonde who was beating him about the head and shoulders.

Piers Morgan Destroyed by 2 women as he Rambles about a Tank ! ... Talk about Mental Health ! - YouTube

Old 01-20-2013, 10:47 PM

5,059 posts, read 7,501,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
You could show similar declines in the US so the question becomes is it even relevant to whether guns are available. FYI the gun by back in Australia only accounted for a small percentage of the estimated guns that should have been turned in.
Exaxtly, i would say by far the biggest contribution to crime in any country are the level of police enforcement, as well as the state of the economy.

I know all about the gun by back in Australia, I come from a rural background and we handed a couple of guns in. We actually got to keep the most powerfull rifles we had because they were bolt action and not semi Automatic.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:54 PM

5,059 posts, read 7,501,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Really, did that many Muslims manage to move to Australia in that time?

Did the Aussies take all the guns in or just some of them? Maybe you could tell us which ones they left in circulation and why.
Islam is the fastest growing religion in Australia, and Arabic is now the third most spoken language.

They basically recalled every Automatic, Semi-Automatic rifle and pump action shot gun in the country. Almost every magazine fed bolt action rifle remained legal.

Last edited by danielsa1775; 01-20-2013 at 11:04 PM..

Old 01-20-2013, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Islam is the fastest growing religion in Australia, and Arabic is now the third most spoken language.

They basically recalled every Automatic, Semi-Automatic rifle and pump action shot gun in the country. Almost every magazine fed bolt action rifle remained legal.
Didn't it seem a bit scary that they didn't take back bolt action rifles? Yes, I know that they stayed because farmers needed them for varmints etc but I want to know why bolt action is so savable and semi-automatics aren't. I really think it is so more of our rights from the written Constitution can be stripped easier without us fighting to keep them.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:14 AM

670 posts, read 905,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
Actually, you better believe it was a "slap down", and a very serious one. Piers Morgan is the host/star of the show. He's the one that's in control, or supposed to be. On that one, he lost control. Yes, that is serious. He lost about a thousand points in his credibility. And, it was so very easily done.

I was very tired when I typed my response last night. What I meant to say was, people who consider that a slap down, don't know any better. Piers was very much in control, but angry rehtoric spouting people like you fail to recognize that, who folds his arms and waits for Ventura to calm down.

Personally I don't care for Piers Morgan, so you guys can keep him....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies