U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 05:15 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,363,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
He misjudged the intelligence of the voters.
???? intelligence of the voters????

And so..you have uncovered the core issue of the American voting public => What intelligence?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 09:37 AM

6,936 posts, read 7,264,648 times
What Romney said during the campaign ... was a lie. He knew it, he kept repeating it and he owns the distsinction of being called a liar. What Chrysler is saying it will do, and it's said this before, is that it will build Jeeps in China ... which are intended to be sold to Chinese buyers, in China. There will be a net increase of jobs at Chrysler, not a decrease. Not in the USA. Not in China. Someone who doesn't understand why manufacturers build products, particularly expensive to ship products, in the countries where they have large sales ... is an idiot.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:25 AM

39,306 posts, read 20,382,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
No matter how hard that they try, you can't make a hero out of a azz!
False! the media made a hero out of Obama proving any azz can be made a hero.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:49 PM

13,300 posts, read 10,502,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
False! the media made a hero out of Obama proving any azz can be made a hero.
Yeah, but those who still believe in mitt..........well. Damn! There is not even a word for that kind of stupidity

Old 01-29-2013, 04:38 AM

30,300 posts, read 16,649,496 times
Quote:
Hmmm, I wonder how far that we would be if we did not have to paid for a war that should not have happened in the first place, which we will be paying for fo rthe next 20 years.
Yes, I suppose it would be better to simply let our enemies attack us at will and do nothing. We would certainly be much better off. Defense is such a useless endeavor.

Quote:
There are alot of things that I will blame Obama for doing and not doing but until you admit that mitt flipped flopped so many times that fish out of water were getting lessons from him AND that an inept congress blocking everything that could help the American people there really is no need of the bickering among the masses
I wish you would just skip the hyperbole and give us some examples. I suppose you can't because you don't have anything specific. Chichés are nice when you can't make a valid argument, aren't they?

The first two years of Mr. Obama's presidency he owned both houses of Congress (may I remind you?). He could have gotten anything he wanted. That's how we got stuck with ObamaCare.

As for after the mid-terms, what specifically was "blocked" (presumably you mean by Republicans) that would have "help[ed] the American people?"

Which Party has blocked the construction of the XL Pipeline? Which Party continually blocks the development of our oil and gas resources?

Affordable and abundant energy are essential to economic growth. If you think Mr. Obama is sincerely interested in economic growth, why does he so often take actions that stifle it? He said himself that, "Under my plan for a cap and trade system, electricity prices would necessarily skyrocket."

I can assure you that Republicans do not wish to harm the American people, and are very much interested in returning this country to prosperity. But, we have a group that wishes to cripple those with the means to cause the expansion of the economy and add jobs that people need, by oppressive regulation, taxation and redistribution of their wealth to interests (campaign contributors) that real investors wouldn't invest a dime in, only to have them file for bankruptcy.

This administration has grown the welfare rolls and unemployment lines instead of implementing policies that promote growth in private business, where the jobs are created. People would much rather be earning a paycheck and growing their own future wealth than placing their well being and future in the hands of government bureaucrats.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:43 AM

30,300 posts, read 16,649,496 times
Quote:
There is a big difference in drawing crowds and getting votes, hel I could have gotten bigger crowds than he did depending on what type of promotions that I used to get them there in the first place
Oh, yeah. People always rally around someone they have no intention of voting for ... right?

Old 01-29-2013, 05:32 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,736,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Uhhhh...Romney inferred that the production in Ohio would end in order to make those Chinese made Jeeps. That was a blatant lie. Sorry.
Wouldn't be the first time Chrysler lied either. When Chrysler bought AMC, they said the plant in WI would not be shut down, but guess what happened less than one year later. I do not know that the jury has come in with a verdict yet.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:46 AM

66,561 posts, read 33,830,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Uhhhh...Romney inferred that the production in Ohio would end in order to make those Chinese made Jeeps. That was a blatant lie. Sorry.

They just announced they are closing the Ohio production line and moving all production to China.
Reason.... Cost.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:48 AM

6,502 posts, read 5,075,104 times
Quote:
No matter how hard that they try, you can't make a hero out of a azz!
Yet people like you and the media continue to make Obama out to be not only a hero, but a savior. When clearly, hes not.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:53 PM

13,300 posts, read 10,502,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Yes, I suppose it would be better to simply let our enemies attack us at will and do nothing. We would certainly be much better off. Defense is such a useless endeavor.

Our enemies? It was citizens from our supposely allies (Saudi Arabia) that were "supposely" on the plane in the first place. Iraq had nothing to do with it. You just keep believing that bs tha the government/media is pushing.

I wish you would just skip the hyperbole and give us some examples. I suppose you can't because you don't have anything specific. Chichés are nice when you can't make a valid argument, aren't they?

The first two years of Mr. Obama's presidency he owned both houses of Congress (may I remind you?). He could have gotten anything he wanted. That's how we got stuck with ObamaCare.

Have you ever heard of something that the republicans use rather frequently in these last couople of years called a "fillibuster?" For some reason they believe that the new majority in the senate is 60 instead of 51 to pass anything.
No! Obama Did Not Control Congress His First Two Years!

As for after the mid-terms, what specifically was "blocked" (presumably you mean by Republicans) that would have "help[ed] the American people?"
Updated List of Bills The Republicans Have Blocked | J.M. Bell

Which Party has blocked the construction of the XL Pipeline? Which Party continually blocks the development of our oil and gas resources?

The XL pipeline is a joke pushed by the oil companies. You do realize that the pipeline would go straight from Canada to Texas and the oil would be shipped overseas? Apparently not, you are thinking about the number of temporary jobs that it supposely will bring to this country and at the same time help destroy it environmentally. Why could'nt they pass the bill to build the infrastructures for the country, I guess they are afraid to make Obama look good.

Affordable and abundant energy are essential to economic growth. If you think Mr. Obama is sincerely interested in economic growth, why does he so often take actions that stifle it? He said himself that, "Under my plan for a cap and trade system, electricity prices would necessarily skyrocket."

The pipeline will not help us with our energy usage because it is getting shoipped overseas in the first place

I can assure you that Republicans do not wish to harm the American people, and are very much interested in returning this country to prosperity. But, we have a group that wishes to cripple those with the means to cause the expansion of the economy and add jobs that people need, by oppressive regulation, taxation and redistribution of their wealth to interests (campaign contributors) that real investors wouldn't invest a dime in, only to have them file for bankruptcy.

Republicans (and some democrats) are all for pading their pockets with big oil money, they can give a rats butt about anything else except getting re-elected to do it all over again. I guess that people like the koch brothers who believe in polluting the air and water also believe in less regulation because it stiffles their profit margin. Have you been to Georgia lately? So for the last 10 or so years the wealthy have been making money hands over fist and the poor have gotten poorer, but that is ok with you because it does not affect you personally. Whats the probelm in them paying the same amount of taxes that they paid BEFORE bush was in office?

This administration has grown the welfare rolls and unemployment lines instead of implementing policies that promote growth in private business, where the jobs are created. People would much rather be earning a paycheck and growing their own future wealth than placing their well being and future in the hands of government bureaucrats.

Especially since they are in Washington "playing politics" with peoples lives because of partisan bs! It just seems that whenever someone wants to do something for the American people there is a probelm with spending money, but if it has something to do with anything else such as a useless war it is "ok".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or