U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-20-2013, 10:39 PM
 
Location: California
30,709 posts, read 33,524,935 times
Reputation: 26144

Advertisements

Quote:
time to have a little chat with the teacher/principal whoever I need to talk to,to get a curriculum and then have a chat to let them know my daughter will not be brainwashed with this garbage.
Let us know how this "chat" goes. Not that you will ever come close.

 
Old 01-20-2013, 10:53 PM
 
20,675 posts, read 8,844,183 times
Reputation: 7150
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Ah. The mind of a liberal. A sad one at that. Can't even attack a grown man has to attack a child....typical left wing liberal tactics.



Crying is yours. Why don't you go back north. You don't deserve to live in the south. Don't like my thread DON'T READ IT. No one has a gun to your head do they?

You are giving the south such a bad name with your prejudice and I really resent that. You are the typical stereotype and why most view southern people as prejudice. I was born in Mississippi to Cajun parents but grew up in the north because my dad was in the Air force. All my extended family still live in the south though. If my parents were prejudiced they never showed it. As a child I knew nothing about race, they were just another friend to me. Prejudice is taught whether you acknowledge it or not. And this is what you taught your kids.
 
Old 01-20-2013, 10:54 PM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,619 posts, read 19,068,425 times
Reputation: 18963
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
My daughter had to draw picture of the fraud....time to have a little chat with the teacher/principal whoever I need to talk to,to get a curriculum and then have a chat to let them know my daughter will not be brainwashed with this garbage.She wants the truth about him then I will tell her,not this state set standard of lying to the kids about it. Making him out to be a saint.
In about 15 years she will run off with "Tyrone".
 
Old 01-20-2013, 10:59 PM
 
47,573 posts, read 60,701,947 times
Reputation: 22283
One year my son when he was 9 years old came home school on MLK day and said sadly that he felt sorry for black people. I asked him why and he said the teacher was telling them how black people are poor and have terrible lives.

I told him I could introduce him to some black people who work very hard and have better houses and more money than we have. I seriously doubt that MLK wanted his legacy to be about pity for blacks and 9 year olds feeling sorry for all blacks -- but that's how the liberals have made it.
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:08 PM
 
20,675 posts, read 8,844,183 times
Reputation: 7150
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
One year my son when he was 9 years old came home school on MLK day and said sadly that he felt sorry for black people. I asked him why and he said the teacher was telling them how black people are poor and have terrible lives.

I told him I could introduce him to some black people who work very hard and have better houses and more money than we have. I seriously doubt that MLK wanted his legacy to be about pity for blacks and 9 year olds feeling sorry for all blacks -- but that's how the liberals have made it.

Why is it always liberals fault. What have the Republicans done to remedy this situation.
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:17 PM
 
Location: NJ
18,677 posts, read 17,091,029 times
Reputation: 7282
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You are giving the south such a bad name with your prejudice and I really resent that. You are the typical stereotype and why most view southern people as prejudice. I was born in Mississippi to Cajun parents but grew up in the north because my dad was in the Air force. All my extended family still live in the south though. If my parents were prejudiced they never showed it. As a child I knew nothing about race, they were just another friend to me. Prejudice is taught whether you acknowledge it or not. And this is what you taught your kids.
Amen to your reply to the OP. Many of my colleagues are locals, NONE are racist in any way. Their kids, naturally, are also not racist in any way.

An aunt born in Montgomery who moved to Ct decades later was racist, her entire life. Racism is a sign of ignorance and poor upbringing. I did not need to meet my aunt's parents to understand they were trash.
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:34 PM
 
47,573 posts, read 60,701,947 times
Reputation: 22283
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why is it always liberals fault. What have the Republicans done to remedy this situation.
I guess you assume that all blacks just want pity from 9 year olds, I don't assume that. Certainly not my black co-workers who work hard for everything they have and really don't need pity. Yes it's the liberals' fault -- all they're doing is creating more poverty, more government dependence.
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:36 PM
 
20,675 posts, read 8,844,183 times
Reputation: 7150
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I guess you assume that all blacks just want pity from 9 year olds, I don't assume that. Certainly not my black co-workers who work hard for everything they have and really don't need pity. Yes it's the liberals' fault -- all they're doing is creating more poverty, more government dependence.

You didn't answer my question about what Republicans have done
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:41 PM
 
47,573 posts, read 60,701,947 times
Reputation: 22283
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You didn't answer my question about what Republicans have done
Under Reagan more blacks moved into the middle class and also under Reagan the gap between the rich and poor narrowed. Under Obama more Americans have moved into poverty and the gap between the rich and poor has grown very wide.

I think the question to ask is what have the liberals done except bring down wages and export our jobs?
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:43 PM
 
Location: Inwood
552 posts, read 631,865 times
Reputation: 253
Another race thread...wonderful. MLK was a great inspiration to millions of Americans. Some people, unfortunately, don't enjoy happiness. I actually think we should do more to celebrate MLK. At least we know he existed, Christmas and Easter are mere celebration of consumerism. MLK was a great American and I will certainly go beyond what the school system teaches once my kids are old enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:03 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top