U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:44 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
2,080 posts, read 1,438,940 times
Reputation: 437

Advertisements

I am happy,who says you have to celebrate a communist,womanizer to be happy? Sheesh...that is pathetic.

 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:46 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,153,019 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Under Reagan more blacks moved into the middle class...
How much of that was blacks, and how much of that was Reagan?...
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:47 PM
 
Location: Texas
8,118 posts, read 5,798,216 times
Reputation: 6672
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Not gonna happen. They live in a nice little all white town. So nope.
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:49 PM
 
2,548 posts, read 1,858,438 times
Reputation: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
I am happy,who says you have to celebrate a communist,womanizer to be happy? Sheesh...that is pathetic.
If this is happy, I'd hate to see bitter.
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:49 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 60,526,045 times
Reputation: 22276
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
How much of that was blacks, and how much of that was Reagan?...
So now that many are moving out of the middle class, you're going to blame them?

The government policies and leadership obviously influence -- which is why the middle class made big gains under Reagan but is dwindling under Obama. Poverty is growing -- so it's the fault of those becoming poor?
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:50 PM
 
2,548 posts, read 1,858,438 times
Reputation: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
So now that many are moving out of the middle class, you're going to blame them?

The government policies and leadership obviously influence -- which is why the middle class made big gains under Reagan but is dwindling under Obama. Poverty is growing -- so it's the fault of those becoming poor?
If someone is poor it's the government's fault? I thought conservatives believed in personal responsibility.
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:51 PM
 
20,606 posts, read 8,777,525 times
Reputation: 7090
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Under Reagan more blacks moved into the middle class and also under Reagan the gap between the rich and poor narrowed. Under Obama more Americans have moved into poverty and the gap between the rich and poor has grown very wide.

I think the question to ask is what have the liberals done except bring down wages and export our jobs?



Nope, tell me what Republicans have done. I don't think you can so you are avoiding my question
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:53 PM
 
Location: NJ
18,677 posts, read 17,031,359 times
Reputation: 7282
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Poverty is growing

Of course it is. From September, 2008 under W to the end of 2009 America permanently eliminated 8 million jobs. Even under the rosiest recovery, we have never dealt with that before. Prior recessions had most laid off brought back; with robots/other automation, we have more throughput now with 8 million fewer employees.

I wish I knew a way to not increase poverty given the above, but there is none. We have a huge, permanently surplus workforce.

While my bonus increases with lower payroll costs, the citizen in me wishes the elimination of the jobs would have caused massive disruption, forcing corps to add them back-including our competitors who would otherwise destroy us if we watched them get more efficient and we failed to.

It didn't, hence at the societal level, we have to recognize reality. We will not reach our workforce participation levels of the pre Grand recession era..ever again.
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:54 PM
 
Location: Inwood
552 posts, read 629,973 times
Reputation: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
I am happy,who says you have to celebrate a communist,womanizer to be happy? Sheesh...that is pathetic.
You can't have happiness with hate. Hopefully the children have other role models to teach then that diversity and community is a wonderful thing. Going from slavery to full rights isn't an easy task and had many obstacles. I'm proud that my state left the confederacy and separated from Virginia, regardless of their motivation. I'm also glad the vast majority of people that live in my area are not racist, contrary to popular belief.
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:56 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
2,080 posts, read 1,438,940 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
If this is happy, I'd hate to see bitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycewv View Post
You can't have happiness with hate. Hopefully the children have other role models to teach then that diversity and community is a wonderful thing. Going from slavery to full rights isn't an easy task and had many obstacles. I'm proud that my state left the confederacy and separated from Virginia, regardless of their motivation. I'm also glad the vast majority of people that live in my area are not racist, contrary to popular belief.
I don't hate anyone in particular. I just don't see the point in sugarcoating things for people so I don't hurt their feelings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:17 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top