U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 08:59 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,444,534 times

Advertisements

You didn't say that. You said everyone was equal meaning in iq,height,weight etc etc etc....what u are talking about is common decency.

12,253 posts, read 18,008,933 times
Ok, im confused. Isn't MLK day on Monday. Schools are closed then.

6,413 posts, read 9,131,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
You sound like another guilt ridden whiny liberal.
I have no guilt. I am white, but raised in a Mexican Indian family. I have cousins who are part black, I have step brothers and sisters who are Japanese. I am all for full equality for everyone, not just for elitist whites. It seems like the bigots here are the ones doing all the crying and whining, Oh, we feel so hurt, we do not want to share equality with black people. Get over it.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:00 PM

4,839 posts, read 3,568,264 times
Are you people serious? Really, you're actually serious? Wow. There really is no hope.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:00 PM

13,300 posts, read 10,500,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Trying to make equal something that wasn't and never will be equal. Even people of the same race aren't equal. Some are smarter,some are better athletes etc....not equal and never will be.
So I guess that you are going to keep preaching your third grade education to the great number of people that can fit into your semiwide trailor home

Old 01-20-2013, 09:01 PM

6,960 posts, read 7,786,272 times
Quote:
Trying to make equal something that wasn't and never will be equal. Even people of the same race aren't equal. Some are smarter,some are better athletes etc....not equal and never will be.
Quote:
Yawn. You want to believe all equality crap you go right ahead. I bet me and you are the same height,age,weight,eye color,hair color,skin color,live in same town,state,same kind of house,drive same kind of car,born same year and day etc...right? since we are equal and all.Whine about me all you want you are just showing your ignorance of what I believe.
Is there some sort of disconnect that prevents you from seeing the difference between equal opportunity and the idea that everyone is exactly equal? I'm assuming that's the case. The only other options are that you are posting this tripe in order to be humorous (not working, btw) or that you are truly a racist. If it's the first possibility, perhaps we can help to educate you in the fact that calling for everyone to have equal opportunity is not the same as wanting everyone to be exactly the same. If it's the second, don't give up your day job.. unless your day job is as a comedian. If it's the third, I feel sorry for your children, but hopefully they can overcome their racist upbringing like I did and realize that just because people look different doesn't mean that there is a difference in how they think, feel, or react.

Again, I know the facts about Martin Luther King, but what he represents is a good lesson for my children to learn.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:01 PM

11,535 posts, read 8,788,505 times
I saw some occupy kids burning a confederate flag once, does that count??

Old 01-20-2013, 09:03 PM

725 posts, read 483,805 times
Quote:
LoL....sure she will....OK then. Lets abandon our own culture and learn about everyone else's makes perfect sense.
What culture is that? Corn-holing your cousin in the ditch where you throw all your old refrigerators?

Old 01-20-2013, 09:03 PM

13,300 posts, read 10,500,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
My 8 year old's 2nd grade class did the same. My 6 year old's Kindergarten class had a printed cutout of him that they had to color and paste together.

As an armchair historian, I realize that the modern idealization of Martin Luther King is a falsehood. However, what that idealization represents is a good thing, so I let it pass. Besides, if I started getting upset about the propaganda behind one of our national heroes, I'd have to do the same for the rest or risk being a hypocrite. I'm not going to start shattering my children's illusions about historical figures at this early of an age. If I did, they wouldn't have any left.

Let's face it, our history books are full of cases where important figures are looked at in the light that makes them look best. They don't talk about FDR's mistresses, Lincoln's possible homosexual relationship, Thomas Jefferson sleeping with his slaves, George Washington's ineptness as a general, strained relationship with his mother, or abuse of his slaves, etc. If I made it my goal to make sure that my children only knew the facts about all of our historical heroes, they'd be left wondering what kind of messed up world they lived in.

I think I'll wait until they lose their belief in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny before I start poking holes in their dreams...
Hell, they named an airport for the president that let AIDS and crack run ramoant in this country. They named the FBI building after a cross dressing pervert and called him a hero

Old 01-20-2013, 09:04 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,444,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunValleyRoadKing View Post
They? Not "we?"
I have a few things to wrap up down here first.Waiting on my income tax refund to leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies