Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 09:10 AM

1,487 posts, read 1,706,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
He subscribes to the Ron Paul philosophy that the Taliban were the legitimate ruling entity of Afghanistan and that we should have worked with them instead of throwing them out simply because they are still the favored majority party.

also, when did you become anti Israel and anti Republican ?
At least there wasn't as much opium flooding the market when the Taliban was in power. And you really think the puppet Karzai they've propped up is gonna be the bastion of a new democratic era; and is gonna reign in the drug overlords who rule the tribal areas, now? You really need to study the region a bit more, and realize this "new Vietnam" we got ourselves into.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:29 AM

1,596 posts, read 1,158,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Well said. I have my thoughts about 9/11, and I doubt we'll ever know the whole truth. Nevertheless, it's disgusting that 3,000 people of our citizens died on that horrible day.
They were conscripted.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:33 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,978,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statutory Ape View Post
They were conscripted.

Please elabortate. Don't get me wrong, I take all theories into account, and draw my own conclusions and opinions. I'm just asking.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Please elabortate. Don't get me wrong, I take all theories into account, and draw my own conclusions and opinions. I'm just asking.
It was just another of those "Greater Good" decisions.

Morality, on the other hand, does not play by the numbers.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:04 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,978,406 times
Quote:
It was just another of those "Greater Good" decisions.

Morality, on the other hand, does not play by the numbers.

Sounds to me as though you're alluding to the words "collateral damage."

Old 01-21-2013, 10:38 AM

2,072 posts, read 1,755,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
He subscribes to the Ron Paul philosophy that the Taliban were the legitimate ruling entity of Afghanistan and that we should have worked with them instead of throwing them out simply because they are still the favored majority party.

also, when did you become anti Israel and anti Republican ?
Oh and then we agree 100%. I have been anti republican and democrat most of my adult life. I think they both suck. I have been anti israel for about the same amount of time. I tend to support those being slaughtered and fighting back against a machine like israel or the us or nazi germany...

Old 01-21-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Sounds to me as though you're alluding to the words "collateral damage."
Ultimately, co-collateral damage.

I've been called a Ludite before.

But, yes, collateral damage works for me.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:30 PM

WE ARE AT WAR! Says Citizen's Times

Untited States Attacks New York City.

Day of infamy, and all that.

http://www.zengardner.com/pentagon-s...vel-terrorism/

Last edited by Statutory Ape; 01-21-2013 at 01:07 PM..

Old 01-21-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
WE ARE AT WAR! Says Citizen's Times

Untited States Attacks New York City, shoot itself in its Pentagon.

Day of infamy, and all that.

Pentagon Says Protests Are Acts of
Well there's always been that rivalry between NYC and Washington, DC., like Tucson and Phoenix, etc.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:44 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,442,621 times
I am not anti-isreal I am anti-isreali government, they are the war mongers that are trying to push us into another war in the middle east. I am not anti-government I am pro-government what I am against is the bs political parties we have now we have the right wing and the moderate right wing. That is the new political party system we have one who openly takes money from big business and the other who is quieter about it. But why am I not surprised in a country where the patriot act can easily sail through congress with no more than a peep against it. I also feel that this country in it's own way are terrorists whether through physical or monetary interference. Look at the long list of puppets we have set up in countries only to have it backfire on us. The taliban was supported and train by our own government and now look we are fighting against them. Iran had a democratically elected president than what happened the U.S. poked it's nose into it and now we have a theocracy in power. Many things this country has touched has ended up turning to poison we influence the makings of terrorism by our own actions. I know if I lived in the middle east and saw a friend or family member die by the hands of a foreign government I would want to take up arms against them as well. What would happen if china sent planes and helicopters and shot dead people in the streets or bombed homes what do you think the reaction of the American citizens would be ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.