U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 01:51 PM

12,172 posts, read 7,020,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Aren't like minded people posting on this forum? My understanding is that you can't ignore anyones threads. If there is a way you can do it, I'd like to know about it, but that would defeat the whole purpose of visiting this site.
If everyone had the same view it wouldn't be educational.

I enjoy different views and ideas. It's how we learn and grow, even when we are old guys.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:55 PM

3,099 posts, read 4,125,401 times
Happy Inauguration Day! Happy Martin Luther King Day! What a wonderful Day!

Old 01-21-2013, 01:56 PM
Status: "Days like this I think to myself "I hate living in Georgia"." (set 2 days ago)

47,632 posts, read 45,275,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Happy Inauguration Day! Happy Martin Luther King Day! What a wonderful Day!
Indeed. This was a lovely day.

Bill Withers - Lovely Day (Original Version) - YouTube

Old 01-21-2013, 01:59 PM

12,870 posts, read 13,116,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is a big part of why this is a great day for ALL Americans.
this is NOT a great day for americans who care about the economy, jobs, free market or the future of the country.

again, you may think it is but i think we are going to have 4 more years to watch it play out.

it will be a great day for ALL americans when we are not at war, our laws are actually respected, our currency isn't continually degraded, when fraud is actually prosecuted, when bailouts are repaid, and when we have enough jobs so that every american who wants to work can actually get a full-time job.

there are a lot of struggling americans right now, and a lot of lies out there about the real economy--- and those chickens are going to come home to roost-so it is not a great day for all americans by a long-shot.

i will admit that it is a great day for the partying 1 percenters, though, and washington DC in general.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:03 PM

15,908 posts, read 10,045,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
this is NOT a great day for americans who care about the economy, jobs, free market or the future of the country.

again, you may think it is but i think we are going to have 4 more years to watch it play out.

it will be a great day for ALL americans when we are not at war, our laws are actually respected, our currency isn't continually degraded, when fraud is actually prosecuted, when bailouts are repaid, and when we have enough jobs so that every american who wants to work can actually get a full-time job.

there are a lot of struggling americans right now, and a lot of lies out there about the real economy--- and those chickens are going to come home to roost-so it is not a great day for all americans by a long-shot.

i will admit that it is a great day for the partying 1 percenters though, and washington DC in general.

Amen to that!

Old 01-21-2013, 02:05 PM

29,125 posts, read 21,970,509 times
Why are liberals talking about white supremacy on this forum anyway?

Isn't there another website that the left is always mentioning that discusses that topic?

I find it interesting that certain leftists know that the site exists.

So, what is the leftist obsession with white supremacy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies