U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 11:44 AM

55,427 posts, read 74,274,723 times

Advertisements

probably not. but pray that they dont. the light follows the baby boomers. 45% of americans work the rest wait to get fed. pray that they keep working and feeding u. obama will stop debting when they are dead and not b4.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:44 AM

8,353 posts, read 5,951,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
It's so sad that the population hasn't seen the toll that Obama (and his predecessors) have had on the poor blacks. More are slipping into poverty than are rising out of it.

It isn't Obama's fault, but he's done no favors for the least fortunate.
I don't see how you can make that claim. He is doing what he can current under laws. He doesn't write legislation, the congress does.

Obama Signs Payroll Tax Cut and Unemployment Benefits Extension: Accounting Today

Old 01-21-2013, 11:49 AM

8,520 posts, read 4,971,996 times
Default Setting the record straight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I'm sure there are alot more than ONE. And for every one white person who has a problem with Obama being black (which would IMO mean they have a problem with blacks in general), there is a black person that has a problem with white people in general.

I would really like for Obama's black supporters to take a step back, reflect and explain what exactly has Obama done for the black population? What advancements has the black population seen? If Obama's work hasn't affected you personally for the better, do you know of someone who has benefitted from Obama's "work and support" for the black population?

MLK was one man, not a politican, who gave his life to educate and for the advancement of black people and in the process forced the hand of white society to be educated and to see how wrong inequality was. Many saw it, many didn't like it, but he won and was still fighting when he was killed. MLK's belief was not to "spread the wealth", but earn it. His belief was that black people should have the same opportunities as everyone else. His message was for black people to become responsible for their lives and many took that message and ran with it.

How on earth anyone can say that Obama has helped advance black society is beyond my comprehension. If you want to compare the two, MLK had a dream and Obama turned it into a nightmare.
First off the bold statement is a bald-faced lie. Below is an excerpt from the Southern Poverty Law Center. If you do a quick search you can analyze detailed information on measurable hate in America. You'll find the facts are contrary to your opinion.

Quote:
Since 2000, the number of hate groups has increased by 69 percent. This surge has been fueled by anger and fear over the nation’s ailing economy, an influx of non-white immigrants, and the diminishing white majority, as symbolized by the election of the nation’s first African-American president.
Second, you and many other conservatives would love to see black folk take a step back. But it’s not going to happen! We’re moving forward… You’re trying to define what MLK was for and what he wasn’t for and you can’t be farther away from the truth. You mention, “MLK's belief was not to spread the wealth" (softblueyz, 2013). The below quote shows otherwise! MLK was an activist and in-turn he took activist positions. President Obama is a politician working against some of the same racists MLK fought against.

Quote:
A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.
It’s ironic how the descendants of the civil rights opposition are now trying to lay claim to the same ideas their fathers opposed…

Old 01-21-2013, 11:51 AM

17,611 posts, read 18,942,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
True, but those months aren't promoted in public schools. Black History Month is promoted.
Hispanic Heritage Month is promoted, especially in California.

If other cultures want to promote their heritage, I would love to learn more about it and would be supportive as well.

Last edited by calipoppy; 01-21-2013 at 12:14 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-21-2013, 11:53 AM

29,125 posts, read 21,913,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I find it interesting that there was no mention of the Right in the thread, yet many assumed it was an insult towards the right and Republicans.
The only insinuation connecting the topic of the thread to the right was made by a lefty:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
i think you are misinterpreting what was said. White power types do not equal all white people...

Just the racist Tea party types...

Old 01-21-2013, 11:55 AM

6,335 posts, read 4,404,033 times
Quote:

The only insinuation connecting the topic of the thread to the right was made by a lefty:
You made the insinuation, as did othe members.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:55 AM

8,520 posts, read 4,971,996 times
Quote:
The Tea Party stands for lower taxes, smaller government, and accountability.

Why do you leftists hate those principles so much that you have to smear the Tea Party and mischaracterize it?

Why are you so hateful?
along with other things. Once they take a stand on the rampant racism infesting a large part of their organization i might listen to some of their other points...

Old 01-21-2013, 11:56 AM

47,343 posts, read 45,113,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Actually I said not all races are equal and we aren't. Look at sports leagues as examples. Blacks are obviously better at basketball,whites are better at bowling,golf,etc....about 50/50 in football/baseball.
Human Genome Project Information

According to this link, your wrong. The KKK doesn't believe in races being equal either.

Have you ever considered that perhaps it has nothing to do with race, but rather, culture?

Old 01-21-2013, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Hispanic Heritage Month is promoted especially in California.

If other cultures want to promote their heritage, I would love to learn more about it and would be supportive as wel.
That would end up consuming the entire school curriculum.

Why not just teach history rather than focusing on demographics?

Old 01-21-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
You made the insinuation, as did othe members.
No. I only responded when the Tea Party was mischaracterized.

Don't tell me that you think the Tea Party is a leftist movement.

Race baiting is disgusting - and on this day of all days - we should be speaking of unity, not division.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies